Custom Enchantments. What works and what doesn't. A scientific testing.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Welcome. Good morning. *wave*
We'll just wait a couple more minutes to make sure all students have arrived.

Welcome to class! Welcome to part 5 of SSM's bug, glitch, and exploit testing! In today's lecture, I plan to cover Chapter 14 and the conflictions brought with it. Chapter 14 focuses on the Custom Enchantments. We will go over which ones work and which ones don't work.

This is ONLY for Olympus but should be a good start if someone else would like to expand testing into the other game modes.

Background info:
Back in season 2 of Olympus some of the ces, like farcast and viper, were removed from the /ce shop because they were broken and not working. There have since been many reports of other enchants not working but not much has changed. At the end of season 3, I had noticed my armor durability was acting strange and sometimes regaining durability. I thought this was hardened enchant half working so I decided I should do actual testing on it. This then led me to test all of the available custom enchants, and here we are now!

Working:
Gears:
Ability = "Grants permanent speed while wearing boots."
Gears level 1, 2, and 3 give speed 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Implants:
Ability = "Passively heals +1 heart and restores +1 hunger every few seconds."
Implants 1 and 2 give regen and saturation level 1 and 2 respectively. But implants gives regen 2 and saturation 3.

Glowing:
Ability = "Gives permanent night vision."
Glowing gives permanent night vision when wearing a helmet enchanted with it.

Hardened:
Ability = "Armor takes less durability damage."
While hardened does extend the life of your armor, it does it by giving a +1 to the durability of the armor.
1618934208638.png

Anti Gravity:
Ability = "Super jump boost."
Antigravity gives permanent jump boost 1, 2, and 3 based on Anti Gravity levels 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Blessed:
Ability = "A chance of removing debuffs."
Removed poison effect. I wasn't able to test for it removing weakness or blindness, but if it works for poison I assume it works for those as well.

Overload:
Ability = "Permanent increase in hearts."
Overload gives health boost 1 + (level) while wearing armor enchanted with it.

Experience:
Ability = "Bonus experience from mining."
Experience gives 1 exp point every ~66 blocks per level. At level one, after 200 block: 200/66 = ~3 3 * (level) = 3 experience
1618935170871.png

Flame Guard:
Ability = "Gives permanent fire resistance."
Flame guard does give permanent fire resistance 4 when wearing armor enchanted with it.

Not working:
Drunk:
Ability = "Slowness and slow swinging with a chance to get strength."
Drunk does not give slowness, mining fatigue, or anything that would slow you down. It does however give a chance of strength 1 on a hit, but that only lasts for ~1 second which with 1.16 pvp is hard to use properly. I could not find any difference in result based on level.

Snare:
Ability = "Chance to slow and fatigue enemies with projectiles."
Snare has a 1 in 10 chance of giving literally 1 single frame of slowness and mining fatigue to the target regardless of level.

Inquisitive:
Ability = "Increases EXP drops from mobs."
Inquisitive actually decreases the amount of exp you get. This was covered in https://manacube.com/threads/dont-use-inquisitive.67350/ but I'll repeat it again.
In default Minecraft blazes drop 10 exp points per kills. With the 1.1x exp plot booster, I was getting 11 per kill, but once I started using inquisitive, the exp started to decrease AND even dropped below the default exp given on blaze kill.
1618935610996.png

Reforged:
Ability = "Protects weapons and tools durability. Items will take longer to break."
Reforged restores the durability to 100% after a certain amount of time. This makes any tool applied with reforged to be unbreakable.I could not find any difference in durability or ability based on level.

Alpha:
Ability = "A chance to spawn wolves to assist you and watch over you."
Alpha does have a chance of spawning a wolve when attacked in combat, but the wolves either attacks you or doesn't do anything. I could not find any difference in damage or ability based on level.

Inconclusive:
Rage:
Ability = "For every combo hit, you do 0.5 heart damage to your opponent Up to 5 max combo hits."
I was not able to find a reliable way to test this.

Conclusion:
While this is an improvement from before when there were more broken enchants, this repair is not done yet.
What I would have changed:
I personally would just remove regeneration from being included in Implants. With 1.16pvp and the unbreakable armor, it makes it nearly impossible to kill people. With only providing saturation, the player can regen naturally or with gapples which provides a requirement of skill and creates a market for gapples.
I would make reforged work to how Hardened does. This way when mining with a not unbreakable pick, it would extend the lifetime of the pick, make the enchant not OP, and not make all of the levels the same. If this is not done, I would remove all the different levels of reforged and leave it with only Reforged 1.
Drunk, snare, inquisitive, and alpha should be fixed to match their description.

Last edited: