• Total voters

gumleaf

ELITE
gumleaf
gumleaf
ELITE
Ratings
66 5
Personally, I feel like a lot of the Skyblock community feel left out with what we're getting through updates, it seems like there is only always updates to parkour, survival and creative, leading through to only having events for parkour/creative/survival.

I feel like having Skyblock events held by the staff/new staff would be a great addition to the community, as we don't have very many updates, and don't even tell me "NEW GARY A.I." Because that's something that should be taken out of Skyblock. These can just be simple events held 1-3 times a week such as:

1 - Cooking Contest

2 - Island Level Competition - A group of 8 - 16 players are chosen and they will be given a certain time period to get their island level as high as possible, with the winner getting a title or a certain type/amount of crate keys.

3 - Fishing Contest

4 - Building Competition - On players islands, having a day dedicated to people building to a certain theme and submitting their island creation through /is submit.

Another absolutely amazing addition that could be added to Skyblock would be daily quests, they're like the /challenges (a lot of people have completed these), but open up through /quests on a GUI with 1-3 daily quests that you can complete on your island. This could be done and eventually maybe led up to having a leaderboard with the people who have completed their island quests for a certain amount of days in a row, this could be done through /quests top (same with island level) with the quests getting harder each day. This would bring back more building between players and less people constantly AFK-ing for most of the day.

These are just a few competition/contest ideas and I definitely persuade you to add these into the Skyblock server, as they could help bring back people constantly being AFK and bring another leaderboard/challenge that people can go for #1 on.

I hope you consider these updates <3 ~gumleaf

#ReviveSkyblock amirite

Split

Dedicated Member
MVP
Split_back
Split_back
MVP
Ratings
71 4
Awesome ideas!

The competitions, along with the daily quests sound awesome!
I do think that Skyblock deserves a little bit more attention; a lot of people play on it, but not a lot of time is given to it. Of course, I'm sure Dacon and the admins are working really, really hard on more important things, but Skyblock needs to be put higher on the priority list.

#ReviveSkyblock

gumleaf

ELITE
gumleaf
gumleaf
ELITE
Ratings
66 5
Awesome ideas!

The competitions, along with the daily quests sound awesome!
I do think that Skyblock deserves a little bit more attention; a lot of people play on it, but not a lot of time is given to it. Of course, I'm sure Dacon and the admins are working really, really hard on more important things, but Skyblock needs to be put higher on the priority list.

#ReviveSkyblock
Cheers <3

Ellieza

PATRON
Ellieza
Ellieza
Patron
Ratings
82 3
Skyblock could also have weekly drop parties, completely run/organized by the players. I've seen people talking in chat about how staff used to do DP's and how they should start doing them again, but I don't think that staff members are really needed to do them. It would just take a little bit of coordination, and we could do it ourselves.

This is only semi-related to your thread, but something I've been really wanting to see added to the server in general is an OP Skyblock server and a variety of public custom enchants. I made a couple of threads about this a while back that didn't get a whole lot of attention. I don't know if the server has had those two things in the past since I only started playing this past December, but I think it would be something different and exciting for the Skyblock community.

EDIT: If anyone wants to read/comment on the threads I mentioned, here are the links:
OP Skyblock - http://forums.minevast.com/threads/op-skyblock.10829/
Custom Enchants - http://forums.minevast.com/threads/custom-enchants.10655/

Last edited:

gumleaf

ELITE
gumleaf
gumleaf
ELITE
Ratings
66 5
rawrrrr xddddd ;3
[DOUBLEPOST=1491708787][/DOUBLEPOST]
Skyblock could also have weekly drop parties, completely run/organized by the players. I've seen people talking in chat about how staff used to do DP's and how they should start doing them again, but I don't think that staff members are really needed to do them. It would just take a little bit of coordination, and we could do it ourselves.

This is only semi-related to your thread, but something I've been really wanting to see added to the server in general is an OP Skyblock server and a variety of public custom enchants. I made a couple of threads about this a while back that didn't get a whole lot of attention. I don't know if the server has had those two things in the past since I only started playing this past December, but I think it would be something different and exciting for the Skyblock community.
Heyyy thats pretty good, i'd like to see that <3<3<3 yass

Oliver8747

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
32 1

EDIT: If anyone wants to read/comment on the threads I mentioned, here are the links:
OP Skyblock - http://forums.minevast.com/threads/op-skyblock.10829/
Custom Enchants - http://forums.minevast.com/threads/custom-enchants.10655/
There were many drop parties before, but that was like a year ago.....
When lots of people are at spawn I still drop random stuff (not junk).
Also some players were involved with dropping items too, not just staff :D
#ReviveSkyblock

foxglove4279

Ratings
I love this idea! After completing all of the challenges I feel like we're all in a race to either make the most money or get the highest island level, which is fun but I agree gumleaf it can get dull at times. I feel like all of these suggestions would be a fantastic addition to, not only Skyblock, but also the server as a whole.

And even if they weren't to add "daily" quests/challenges, they could make them "weekly" instead. Have 5 challenges ranking in difficulty that would take you more than 15 to 30 minutes to complete.

Just some food for thought :D
#ReviveSkyBlock <3

gumleaf

ELITE
gumleaf
gumleaf
ELITE
Ratings
66 5
I love this idea! After completing all of the challenges I feel like we're all in a race to either make the most money or get the highest island level, which is fun but I agree gumleaf it can get dull at times. I feel like all of these suggestions would be a fantastic addition to, not only Skyblock, but also the server as a whole.

And even if they weren't to add "daily" quests/challenges, they could make them "weekly" instead. Have 5 challenges ranking in difficulty that would take you more than 15 to 30 minutes to complete.

Just some food for thought :D
#ReviveSkyBlock <3
Yeah, just any kind of quests would sound good to me, love the ideas <3 Thanks for the support :)

Oliver8747

Dedicated Member
VIP
Ratings
32 1
all servers get good updates, why can't skyblock get any :(
this is srsly so sad imma cri