First Name
Muho

Country or Timezone
the Netherlands

Discord username
DatShop#7438

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
To answer this question I will have to mention my past (yes I do get older aswell just like everyone else). 5/6 years ago I used to play minecraft, a lot. I especially played factions. When you get older things you enjoy change and so I was seeking something else to enjoy but I still wanted to be active on the factions server, just because I like the concept.

After being a player on the server, I became a moderator and got promoted upto admin, on the specific server I used to play on (Back then 1k+ players in total and in the factions part around ~200)(Don't know whether I am allowed to mention it but I can tell in private if you actually are interested since you might consider it as advertising)
So once you get older other things in life happen: you basically get more responsibilites. Combining playing videogames and performing good at school / work / other things gets difficult especially for a young person.
As you might expect I chose to focus on school and quit being an admin.

Now 5/6 years l am (surprisingly) older and actually want to start minecraft factions again but not as a player but as a staff member. This to get the feelings from back in the days and actually contribute to the server. This can be either helping the players or other tasks that might occur (I am open for any interesting tasks that will both benefit the server and me, I mean everyone can learn from each other :D)

How long have you played on ManaCube?
This is a funny one, I just joined. (January 10th around 20:00 GMT+1)

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
To be honest I think this is the most difficult question you ask the applicants, since in forehand no one exactly can mention how many hours he is able to spend on the server due to many factors in a persons' life. However, I think that I can give a good estimate. I am thinking to spend around 1 hour on daily basis which would make a total of 7 hours in the week. As I mentioned this is just an estimate, this means that the time spent can vary which means one week I will be spending more than 7 hours on weekly basis and other weeks I might spend less time but the goal is to aim for that steady figure of 7 hours :).

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I am able to speak fluently English , Dutch , Turkish and basic German.

I am an open person, I can adapt well to the environment. when a decision has to be made I am not ashamed to make a choice that in my opinion is the best choice in the situation in question.

In addition, I am fair, I do not make a distinction between people, if you do something wrong you will be called to account and as I mentioned before I am not ashamed of it and will immediately intervene if I notice something that is not correct.

I am a sociable person (in my opinion haha) when it comes to work then I am very serious and focused (But sometimes you have to joke around :))

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
So years ago I used to start as a moderator and got promoted to admin (It was a factions server aswell).
I am a student so I usually get to work with other people so I have experience working in a group, leading a group, presenting, listening and respect every single person no matter what age sex race.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
I am a go-getter, goal oriented and reliable. I combine these attributes with a smile on my face and that way I work my way up :).

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
In my opinion, staff is a group of people who together form a team who spend their energy on the proper functioning of an environment, in our case it is the proper functioning of the server. This means that the staff is representative of the community and therefore intervenes when it is necessary and acts fairly. Apart from that, as a staff member you are a point of contact if someone on the server has a problem you help him or her with that. You have a friendly image and you want to actually contribute to the community.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes I am able to.

Anything else we should know?
This is the part I enjoy the most because I am free to write something instead of answering questions so here I go haha.

First of all I would like to mention that I am a student. I am following a bachelor of economics. As I mentioned before I was an admin on another server. This might bring the question why didn't you go back there? I did. Unfortunately the server has way less players (~150 in total) and the factions part is dead. I do have contact with the server they are planning to bring up the factions part up again and there is some disagreements between staff members which leads to negative experience and besides that I think I can't add much to that server anymore so I am looking for a fresh experience. I looked up on minecraft factions servers and I got in touch with Manacube. My first impression of the server is very positive and I really got a thrill when I entered the factions part, things have changed since my days (You actually get prizes for being in top five list like wuuut?? haha). Yes I do know I do not meet all the requirements you guys have set but I am convinced that I can be the exception due to my motivation.

In my spare time I enjoy playing videogames, reading (yes, I really do), outdoor activities, eat good and different types of food and trying new experiences that are not in my comfort zone.

So I have come to the end of my application I really hope to hear what you guys think of my application I hope to start my journey on this server as a staff member.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
126 6
Hey Bud!
I'm sorry to say but this forum Application is worthy of a -1
For the following reasons...

You are under the Requirement for 700 words by 5 words (695)
You are under the Requirement for number of Forum posts (20) this is your first ever post on Record
You are under the Requirement for number of Hours on the Factions Network the requirement is 50 https://prnt.sc/qm1k4n
You have a lot of Grammatical Errors make sure to type It correctly Or it seems your not taking this seriously
You tone when you are typing makes it seem Unprofessional and Makes it seem your not taking this Seriously
Its seems you are not eligible to be a Staff member reapply once you have Fulfilled the requirements and read the Rules

But for now
Good luck.....
-Comic

DatShop

DatShop
DatShop
Hey Bud!

You are under the Requirement for number of Forum posts (20) this is your first ever post on Record
You are under the Requirement for number of Hours on the Factions Network the requirement is 50 https://prnt.sc/qm1k4n
You have a lot of Grammatical Errors make sure to type It correctly Or it seems your not taking this seriously
You tone when you are typing makes it seem Unprofessional and Makes it seem your not taking this Seriously
Its seems you are not eligible to be a Staff member reapply once you have Fulfilled the requirements and read the Rules

But for now
Good luck.....
-Comic
Thank you for your response, I already know that if you read my application you could see that I mentioned it myself already reason I still applied is for the next line put under the requirements list:

Note: Requirements may vary for each applicant. This means that some of these requirements may not apply whatsoever to you if you can prove that you are sufficiently capable in other areas.
Tip: try not to just meet these requirements but instead exceed them to stand out.

For your other two statements, I do take the application serious. I must say tho having grammatical errors is not looking good I agree (Didn't see them myself so far) but I have to say that reading back your own writing is a bit difficult in the boxes given on the site and normally it is advised to read your own written text after a day since you will get used to your own writing and not see mistakes but that is why I would prefer doing applications by voice-chat since it gives a better view for the recruiter and some 1 on 1 interaction is always fun.

Your following statement is wrong: You are under the Requirement for 700 words by 5 words (695) I checked it myself and I have around 1k words without the questions ;)

Last edited:

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
126 6
Thank you for your response, I already know that if you read my application you could see that I mentioned it myself already reason I still applied is for the next line put under the requirements list:

Note: Requirements may vary for each applicant. This means that some of these requirements may not apply whatsoever to you if you can prove that you are sufficiently capable in other areas.
Tip: try not to just meet these requirements but instead exceed them to stand out.
I understand :)

CosmicLunaBunny

MVP+
zBld
zBld
MVP+
Ratings
9 3

For your other two statements, I do take the application serious. I must say tho having grammatical errors is not looking good I agree (Didn't see them myself so far) but I have to say that reading back your own writing is a bit difficult in the boxes given on the site and normally it is advised to read your own written text after a day since you will get used to your own writing and not see mistakes but that is why I would prefer doing applications by voice-chat since it gives a better view for the recruiter and some 1 on 1 interaction is always fun.

Your following statement is wrong: You are under the Requirement for 700 words by 5 words (695) I checked it myself and I have around 1k words without the questions ;)
Hey Bud!

But for now
Good luck.....
-Comic
Your Minecraft Username
DatShop

What server are you applying for
Factions

First Name
Muho

Country or Timezone
the Netherlands

Discord username
DatShop#7438

Why do you want to become staff?
To answer this question I will have to mention my past (yes I do get older aswell just like everyone else). 5/6 years ago I used to play minecraft, a lot. I especially played factions. When you get older things you enjoy change and so I was seeking something else to enjoy but I still wanted to be active on the factions server, just because I like the concept.

After being a player on the server, I became a moderator and got promoted upto admin, on the specific server I used to play on (Back then 1k+ players in total and in the factions part around ~200)(Don't know whether I am allowed to mention it but I can tell in private if you actually are interested since you might consider it as advertising)
So once you get older other things in life happen: you basically get more responsibilites. Combining playing videogames and performing good at school / work / other things gets difficult especially for a young person.
As you might expect I chose to focus on school and quit being an admin.

Now 5/6 years l am (surprisingly) older and actually want to start minecraft factions again but not as a player but as a staff member. This to get the feelings from back in the days and actually contribute to the server. This can be either helping the players or other tasks that might occur (I am open for any interesting tasks that will both benefit the server and me, I mean everyone can learn from each other :D)

How long have you played on ManaCube?
This is a funny one, I just joined. (January 10th around 20:00 GMT+1)

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
To be honest I think this is the most difficult question you ask the applicants, since in forehand no one exactly can mention how many hours he is able to spend on the server due to many factors in a persons' life. However, I think that I can give a good estimate. I am thinking to spend around 1 hour on daily basis which would make a total of 7 hours in the week. As I mentioned this is just an estimate, this means that the time spent can vary which means one week I will be spending more than 7 hours on weekly basis and other weeks I might spend less time but the goal is to aim for that steady figure of 7 hours :).

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I am able to speak fluently English , Dutch , Turkish and basic German.

I am an open person, I can adapt well to the environment. when a decision has to be made I am not ashamed to make a choice that in my opinion is the best choice in the situation in question.

In addition, I am fair, I do not make a distinction between people, if you do something wrong you will be called to account and as I mentioned before I am not ashamed of it and will immediately intervene if I notice something that is not correct.

I am a sociable person (in my opinion haha) when it comes to work then I am very serious and focused (But sometimes you have to joke around :))

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
So years ago I used to start as a moderator and got promoted to admin (It was a factions server aswell).
I am a student so I usually get to work with other people so I have experience working in a group, leading a group, presenting, listening and respect every single person no matter what age sex race.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
I am a go-getter, goal oriented and reliable. I combine these attributes with a smile on my face and that way I work my way up :).

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
In my opinion, staff is a group of people who together form a team who spend their energy on the proper functioning of an environment, in our case it is the proper functioning of the server. This means that the staff is representative of the community and therefore intervenes when it is necessary and acts fairly. Apart from that, as a staff member you are a point of contact if someone on the server has a problem you help him or her with that. You have a friendly image and you want to actually contribute to the community.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes I am able to.

Anything else we should know?
This is the part I enjoy the most because I am free to write something instead of answering questions so here I go haha.

First of all I would like to mention that I am a student. I am following a bachelor of economics. As I mentioned before I was an admin on another server. This might bring the question why didn't you go back there? I did. Unfortunately the server has way less players (~150 in total) and the factions part is dead. I do have contact with the server they are planning to bring up the factions part up again and there is some disagreements between staff members which leads to negative experience and besides that I think I can't add much to that server anymore so I am looking for a fresh experience. I looked up on minecraft factions servers and I got in touch with Manacube. My first impression of the server is very positive and I really got a thrill when I entered the factions part, things have changed since my days (You actually get prizes for being in top five list like wuuut?? haha). Yes I do know I do not meet all the requirements you guys have set but I am convinced that I can be the exception due to my motivation.

In my spare time I enjoy playing videogames, reading (yes, I really do), outdoor activities, eat good and different types of food and trying new experiences that are not in my comfort zone.

So I have come to the end of my application I really hope to hear what you guys think of my application I hope to start my journey on this server as a staff member.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes
Hey Buddy I’ll give this a -0.4because I never seen you in faction before, you only have 2 posts and you just joined today. Also I never see you in discord and you should link you account to the manacube website and discord. Writing is really good though.
Good luck
Cosmic

Ratings
149 6
Unfortunately at this time, I'm giving this ManaCube staff application a -1 for a few unfortunate reasons. Firstly your staff application is quite limited in the detail/information section. After doing some research it seems that you're not currently logged into the ManaCube Discord server, I highly suggest that you log into Minecraft and type ./discord when you are on ManaCube. Discord is necessary to apply for staff. From my point of view you've got a slim chance of being considered due to having under 20 forum posts, I highly suggest that you engage more in the Discord/Forums community.

Best of luck! :)
- TheProTroller

DatShop

DatShop
DatShop
Unfortunately at this time, I'm giving this ManaCube staff application a -1 for a few unfortunate reasons. Firstly your staff application is quite limited in the detail/information section. After doing some research it seems that you're not currently logged into the ManaCube Discord server, I highly suggest that you log into Minecraft and type ./discord when you are on ManaCube. Discord is necessary to apply for staff. From my point of view you've got a slim chance of being considered due to having under 20 forum posts, I highly suggest that you engage more in the Discord/Forums community.

Best of luck! :)
- TheProTroller
Thanks for your response, but I already am connected to discord (First thing after joining the forum) I even had a chat with admin SunSet :D and do you mention the the detailed / information section as from [name - discord]? By the way, I am planning to stay active on the forum, server and disord :)

Last edited:

DatShop

DatShop
DatShop
Hey Buddy I’ll give this a -0.4because I never seen you in faction before, you only have 2 posts and you just joined today. Also I never see you in discord and you should link you account to the manacube website and discord. Writing is really good though.
Good luck
Cosmic
Thank you! reason you didn't see me on discord yet is that I joined yesterday hehe :) but in the near future you will see me a lot more !

ThatComicGuy

MVP+
ThatComicGuy
ThatComicGuy
MVP+
Ratings
126 6

When you said 1K words, I mean on Deeper Topic, not like anything else we should know or, How many hour have you been on ManaCube Questions like That don't matter

DatShop

DatShop
DatShop
When you said 1K words, I mean on Deeper Topic, not like anything else we should know or, How many hour have you been on ManaCube Questions like That don't matter
Okay but I can't agree with you there since the requirement is: ''Application must be at least 700 words including the questions.'' this means that all questions are included and since I didn't count the questions into my wordcount I had around 1k. Including the questions I would have around 1.1k total.

*Off-topic since it might help you in your future career.
When there is a list of requirements just stick to that, do not make up things yourself since that way you might lose points (e.g. on exams, papers etc.) just make sure all things they want from you are included. (Except if it is highlighted in any other way).