108 6
IGN: bca_
Map Name: Delicate Arch
/plot v bca_ 1 (go to the left side)
Difficulty: medium
Number of Jumps: 40 ish
2 Checkpoints

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 1.23.00 AM.png

This build is based on the "Delicate Arch" rock formation in Arches National Park, Utah, USA.

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 1.28.06 AM.png

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Excellent build. Parkour is varied and from the screenshot looks like it fits the difficulty. I'm nervous that the theme is not the most original, but I think that it should pass since it's based off something from real life and not just a "desert." Please note we do already have a "Grand Canyon" map, which is the closest thing. Good luck!

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I really like this :) it's simple and it definitely resembles the reference. The directional signs are placed pretty well, and the parkour is varied! I do have one *small* thing I would suggest changing, which is the placement of this checkpoint:
https://prnt.sc/rvfz53
I would move it to the other side near the X, as right now it's place a bit off the path and makes where to go a bit confusing.
As Tas said, I fear that the theme may be considered unoriginal. But this is a pretty famous rock formation which would make it different from other mesa/grand canyon/desert style maps I would say. Good work!

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Heya bca_,

Here are some thoughts about your map while testing it:

While testing your map, I noticed that the theme wasn't gonna be original due to the amount of biomes/desert themes we have, but after a little talk on DM's I checked Delicate Arch and it doesn't seem like there are any at the moment, so I'd say you should be fine, anyways consider, as Tasses mentioned above, there is a Grand Canyon map.

About your build, it's well-built, and similar to the theme given. Anyways, there weren't a lot of details in your building making it look plain and a bit boring. (I know this is how the theme goes but maybe adding some structure surrounding the area would have made it a little bit better).

About the parkour, it's varied and fits the difficulty you have chosen. Also, I have to agree with Quinny about that checkpoint, that would really reduce confusion when doing the map, and also adding signs on where to go will be super helpful too.

Good luck with your map submission and hope to see more maps from you in the future!

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
Thanks for the replies!
I do have one *small* thing I would suggest changing, which is the placement of this checkpoint:
I have moved the checkpoint across (I moved it below the slab instead of above it so it is not possible to reach from above).
Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 12.10.21 PM.png

adding signs on where to go will be super helpful too.
I'm not as sure about this, but I added a few more signs where it might be confusing. When testing no-one seemed to get lost but hopefully this should help.

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
I think this map is great! The theme is original and the build is accurate to the theme. Your parkour is varied and fits the difficulty and is clear with directions. The only complaints I had was a neup which you fixed in game, so good job and good luck!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello _bca,

Your map is being put in reviewing. This means that it is neither accepted or denied just yet.
The reason for this is the parkour. It is too hard for the medium difficulty, but with a couple of adjustments, it would be good for the medium difficulty. Particularly the ladders and water jumps could be nerfed a bit. You have until April 30th to make these changes; if none have been made by that time, your map will be automatically rejected.
The theme was alright, and the build is accurate to what you were going for, which is why this isn't being rejected. I hope to see these changes from you soon!

I will be locking responses to this thread, so please message me either on the forums, on discord (InfinityxKatrina#2229,) or in-game by doing /mail send InfinityxKatrina <message> when you have made these changes!

Have a nice day,
Kristina

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello bca_,

Due to the fact that you have not logged into parkour since this was put in reviewing, and you have not made changes, I will unfortunately be officially rejecting this map. You are welcome to resubmit this in the future with these changes!

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.