jayjayrox

Dedicated Member
Banned
jayjayrox
jayjayrox
MVP+
Ratings
157 29
So recently as of this week. I've been having these nightmare type things waking up randomly in the middle of the night terrified and crying. About.... Death.

It's not that I hate it. Its because I don't want it to happen to the people I love and care about.

But that's why I'm here to ask you guys. Have you even feared death? Have you had a death dream or nightmare? Are you afraid of it? Do you just wipe it off as nothing and just try and enjoy yourself without that shit running through your mind? Please feel free to reply no one's gonna judge you. Since I want to know what other people think of this matter.

Edit: If you have been afraid of it or fear of it. At what age did you experience your fear of death? Mine was 6-7 when I first got the idea of dying in the future. I went to my mum with tears running down my face, and she said it was going to be okay. I will shut up and stop rambling about my childhood.

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I think whoever isn't afraid of death isn't normal. I've been having nightmares about it once in a while in my life. Both of my own death and those around me. I just try not to think about it but it's always somewhere there. Also, kind of ironic to have a grim reaper as pfp.

CommonMistakes

Dedicated Member
VIP
Pateu
Pateu
VIP
Ratings
56 1
So recently as of this week. I've been having these nightmare type things waking up randomly in the middle of the night terrified and crying. About.... Death.

It's not that I hate it. Its because I don't want it to happen to the people I love and care about.

But that's why I'm here to ask you guys. Have you even feared death? Have you had a death dream or nightmare? Are you afraid of it? Do you just wipe it off as nothing and just try and enjoy yourself without that shit running through your mind? Please feel free to reply no one's gonna judge you. Since I want to know what other people think of this matter.

Edit: If you have been afraid of it or fear of it. At what age did you experience your fear of death? Mine was 6-7 when I first got the idea of dying in the future. I went to my mum with tears running down my face, and she said it was going to be okay. I will shut up and stop rambling about my childhood.
Tbh, everytime i dream i try and dream about my close friends etc dying and somehow i save them or idk, since great dreams after 10 mins transform into creepy sh for me. Im like opposide side :/

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
To be honest, I'm really scared of death, but mainly for one tragic reason:
I was involved in a serious accident with a good friend of mine last year in which we were both injured. I survived, but my friend, unfortunately, passed away. Since then I have also become aware of how short life can be and I try to appreciate every minute, even if life hasn't always been easy for me.
awww I'm sorry. :cry:

I don't really have nightmares, in fact, I rarely dream at all. One time, I had a nightmare where I got hit by a car and it was pushing up against me really hard. When I was like 3, I remember having a dream about a monster saying "yum yum" to me and I screamed and ran to my parents. At least from my memory.

CommonMistakes

Dedicated Member
VIP
Pateu
Pateu
VIP
Ratings
56 1
I was involved in a serious accident with a good friend of mine last year in which we were both injured. I survived, but my friend, unfortunately, passed away. Since then I have also become aware of how short life can be and I try to appreciate every minute, even if life hasn't always been easy for me.
im sorry for ur loss :(

iShigetora

iShigetora
iShigetora
Ratings
I don't really fear death to be totally honest. I believe that as everything began it must end and whether that be tragic or just plain and simple it must happen, it is a sad and emotional process but I believe it is not something to fear. There's actually a beautiful quote that goes something along the lines of: "don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin", my interpretation of this quote is that one should not fear moving forward or doing something new, live life to the utmost fullest and share as much light and positivity as possible before finally returning to nothingness or God if you believe in religion. However, I did have dreams of seeing dead people before, found it really strange and unsettling.

I know how this feels, I've lost a good friend to depression. My deepest sympathies go out to you.

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
I'm actually not that scared of death than most people, and simply because I'm more scared of suffering than death itself. Everyone will die one day and I guess it's normal to be scared of death, so we should cherish life before it happens. If I ever stop being scared of death, it's simply because I can't cherish life anymore and just wanna stop suffering, which is not the case since I try my best to not suffer (physically and mentally, which is quite hard for the last one since I'm anxious around people) and have an happy life. I'm also more scared of being immortal than death itself.

(This thread will be filled with sad story, be prepared x))

nasser_919

MVP
nasser_919
nasser_919
MVP
Ratings

I’m really sorry for you losses
And I feel bad for what you have been going through.
I did not have nightmares ,but I use to think about death before and what I understood from it is if we where immortal there will be not point of living , people are learning from a young age is because time is limited, if we where immortal people would say “oh why should I go to school now I will go to school when I am 250 years old “ not know when you will die should make you want to keep improving your life and learning , I just wanted to shine some light on this , It’s good to know and acknowledge death and it’s inevitable, but don’t stress on it make as a motivation to use your time wisely
-have an amazing day =)

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Honestly... I dream about death quite often, it's unsettling and especially during this pandemic I've had dreams of ppl I love and care about dying from COVID. I've also had dreams where I was dead... idk.
It wasn't that long ago a girl at my school died after fighting cancer for I believe eight years... and last year, I lost a friend to SUDEP (Sudden unexpected death in Epilepsy).
Then I think the year before that a family we knew the mom was uh.. killed... I probably shouldn't go into the details bcuz it might be triggering to some users, and it's not really something I should really share.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Maybe I'm not normal, but I've never been scared of dying. But I am defiantly scared of being dead.
I do a lot of edgy things that potentially could lead me to death, and I just see it as a possible outcome. Not a good one, but there is always a chance. I have told myself that death can happen to anyone at any time for any reason and there is no escaping that.

I think that talking about death is really important. It brings people closer together and teaches them to respect each other.
Although this thread made me a little sad, I appreciate it.

Azy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Astruss
Astruss
Patron
Ratings
110 2
I think whoever isn't afraid of death isn't normal. I've been having nightmares about it once in a while in my life. Both of my own death and those around me. I just try not to think about it but it's always somewhere there. Also, kind of ironic to have a grim reaper as pfp.
Thank jeez im not normal ig

Azy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Astruss
Astruss
Patron
Ratings
110 2
Imma be honest ive never rly been afraid of death or dying but yet again to me taking things serious is rly hard i usually laugh about things i shouldnt and im not even sure why id have a dream about death id wake up and just make jokes about it (ik im weird) (no im not psycho yet)

jayjayrox

Dedicated Member
Banned
jayjayrox
jayjayrox
MVP+
Ratings
157 29
Grim Reaper pfp i didn't do it for the death part, i did it because I have no other images that i want to use as a pfp.

jayjayrox

Dedicated Member
Banned
jayjayrox
jayjayrox
MVP+
Ratings
157 29
I'm so sorry for your loss of a good friend. It's a rare thing to find those these days, but I do hope that life doesn't give you anymore bullsh*t and gives you the best that you deserve.

Edit: I know how you felt when you lost someone. I know how you feel, since I've lost so much good people, not from a terrible accident. But from suicide, depression, drug overdose and so many other f'd up stuff. If you want to talk my discord dms are open. <3

Last edited:

jayjayrox

Dedicated Member
Banned
jayjayrox
jayjayrox
MVP+
Ratings
157 29
Maybe I'm not normal, but I've never been scared of dying. But I am defiantly scared of being dead.
I do a lot of edgy things that potentially could lead me to death, and I just see it as a possible outcome. Not a good one, but there is always a chance. I have told myself that death can happen to anyone at any time for any reason and there is no escaping that.

I think that talking about death is really important. It brings people closer together and teaches them to respect each other.
Although this thread made me a little sad, I appreciate it.
I've done a lot of messed up things, that could've gotten me killed. But that was because I was young and stupid, wasn't thinking about anything at the time. So many death experiences from almost being run over by busses, trains, cars, trucks. But I wouldn't be here today if my dad wasn't there to stop death from happening.

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
It is what it is can't tell whats gonna happen today or tomorrow don't let things like fear of death keep you away from living a great life. Its better to live a great life thats short then a long life thats depressing.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
awww I'm sorry. :cry:

I don't really have nightmares, in fact, I rarely dream at all. One time, I had a nightmare where I got hit by a car and it was pushing up against me really hard. When I was like 3, I remember having a dream about a monster saying "yum yum" to me and I screamed and ran to my parents. At least from my memory.
i just remembered that I had a dream my friend died once.

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
Great question :oops:
Generally not when I’m awake, but I’ve had a few experiences when I’ve been asleep. I’ve been very accepting for as long as I can remember - I’m cool with it if I get to do some stuff I have planned :>.

Also uhhh maybe dont read these if you’re having a bad day if you get what I’m sayin D:

I had a weird nightmare once where I was crawling on these really high pipes for some reason lol? The dream had a minty green tint too...? I obviously fell and woke up, only time I’ve physically jumped awake & out of bed. Also another one where I was being chased by ghosts and my family eventually couldn’t run anymore and got yoinked by the ghosts. Anddd another, where my sister and my mum were vibing in a boat on a river and a waterfall came up and my sister and I jumped out but my mum didn’t make it in time, woke up crying ;-;

As well as one about my baby doggo Blossom, uh, well dead, and my other baby Bandit panicking about her being missing. I think I woke up at around 3am crying once again while I yeeted myself outside to check on them. They were perfectly fine sleeping like angels.

Looks like I’m scared of, people that I love, dying. As for the afterlife though, I’m really really intrigued with what comes after, so I kinda tell myself on the bright side, I’ll finally know what goes on when it does happen. 0-0

Mushey

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Mushey
Mushey
ELITE
Ratings
69 1
If I am thinking of this honestly, I wouldn't say I am. Now before all of you storm me saying am full of bravado, let me explain. Us humans are the worst when it comes to dealing with loss. The uncomfortable thoughts and feelings that reveal the truth about our mortality and how nothing ever lasts forever. For some people, the idea of not existing one day is just terrifying and flat out disturbing and I definitely am one of those people. I believe that it's not only the thought of death that fears people, its the idea of dying before imminent death. Before you were alive, you didn't care nor know that you never even existed. You were nothing before you were conceived. In a way, you already have experienced death. You just don't know it and never will. Dwelling and always thinking about death will only make the experience worse and worse. I can't say for everyone, but many of us are still pretty young. As you age, you come to realize that the purpose of life is not to fear what happens beyond what you can comprehend or experience. To put it simply, don't fear death, it is inevitable as some would say. Live life to the fullest, go out, do all the things you want to do before its too late. Hug your loved ones, and say thank you for all the things they have done for you. It's not the good times until its truly over. I rest my case.