Donator Chat

Ratings
Hello all.

This may have been a suggestion before, but most of us would love to see a Donator only chat.

The spam can be quite overwhelming at times, especially when helping or trying to hold a conversation with someone.

If DC (Donator Chat) is enabled, any donator rank can only see other donator ranks' messages.
If DC is disabled, donators can see all public chat as well as messages spoken in DC.

Donator Chat messages could have a [DC] Title so that it is visible that one is in DC or not.

I think this will lift the overwhelming spam and lost messages when trying to hold a conversation with somebody.

I hope you all consider! let me know any feedback you may have.
Thanks!
-aredj852 (GlizzyGoblin)

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
178 5
Yo epic idea since the Parkour chat is very messed up with new players which are, on my opinion, very annoying especially the Dream fan kids.

ilysal

MVP
sal1ay
sal1ay
MVP
Ratings
yeah this is a really good idea, but the only problem is that people would just buy vip since now its at a very reasonable price, but yes i agree we need a donator chat

Ratings
yeah this is a really good idea, but the only problem is that people would just buy vip since now its at a very reasonable price, but yes i agree we need a donator chat
That's okay! it gets the server donations, while also filtering out all of the noobs/low ranks for those that dont want to see the spam. Usually people wont donate if they plan on getting banned/muted.

Icebarge

ELITE
Icebarge
Icebarge
ELITE
Ratings
Heyo!

I completely sympathise with you on the issue of Parkour chat. It can be quite hard to hold conversations and help people when chat is busy or while players are flooding chat. I do see how a Donator Chat would be helpful, and I like idea you introduced where people using donator chat would only be able to see donator chat and not anything else. I do think something like this would very much help out regarding the issues you raised, and I think this idea definitely has potential!

Overall I'm neutral about this as a whole. As much as I personally think having a Donator Chat would improve my experience as well by being able to better connect with people which I'm sure other people feel as well, I don't think this system would be appealing to new players. I feel like something along these lines would actually push newer players away. While yes as a community we deserve to protect ourselves, but I also think we shouldn't be shutting out newer players who don't yet have a rank, and that's the main issue in my mind. Yes statistically I will agree that most chat trollers do not have donator ranks, however that doesn't mean that anyone without a rank deserves to be left out of a public chat. Adding onto that I'm assuming most Donators would switch to Donator chat, and I feel like that would leave the non-donator chat in a state of chaos. Obviously staff could still manage and handle both, but for new players joining they would only see the non-donator chat and I feel like that could also be an issue.

At the end of the day, I 100% agree with the reason why everyone is here. I feel for you and I feel like there's work to be done to better enhance the quality of the public chat. Again, I myself would use such a feature as this to get to better know people, however I'm trying to keep an open mind since I am still pretty new, and I think that before I had my rank, If a feature like this existed it might have been much harder to get into Parkour. I personally feel like the addition of requiring a linked forum or discord account under /gary would be a better first step to helping control the amount of accounts just on to troll.

Anywho glad to see your idea, and even if I'm not fully convinced yet I do think something like this would be helpful. If you havn't already you can also add your suggestion at https://suggestions.manacube.com/ for other players to vote on your suggestion.

Thanks for reading and have a great day,

- Icebarge

Ratings
Heyo!

I completely sympathise with you on the issue of Parkour chat. It can be quite hard to hold conversations and help people when chat is busy or while players are flooding chat. I do see how a Donator Chat would be helpful, and I like idea you introduced where people using donator chat would only be able to see donator chat and not anything else. I do think something like this would very much help out regarding the issues you raised, and I think this idea definitely has potential!

Overall I'm neutral about this as a whole. As much as I personally think having a Donator Chat would improve my experience as well by being able to better connect with people which I'm sure other people feel as well, I don't think this system would be appealing to new players. I feel like something along these lines would actually push newer players away. While yes as a community we deserve to protect ourselves, but I also think we shouldn't be shutting out newer players who don't yet have a rank, and that's the main issue in my mind. Yes statistically I will agree that most chat trollers do not have donator ranks, however that doesn't mean that anyone without a rank deserves to be left out of a public chat. Adding onto that I'm assuming most Donators would switch to Donator chat, and I feel like that would leave the non-donator chat in a state of chaos. Obviously staff could still manage and handle both, but for new players joining they would only see the non-donator chat and I feel like that could also be an issue.

At the end of the day, I 100% agree with the reason why everyone is here. I feel for you and I feel like there's work to be done to better enhance the quality of the public chat. Again, I myself would use such a feature as this to get to better know people, however I'm trying to keep an open mind since I am still pretty new, and I think that before I had my rank, If a feature like this existed it might have been much harder to get into Parkour. I personally feel like the addition of requiring a linked forum or discord account under /gary would be a better first step to helping control the amount of accounts just on to troll.

Anywho glad to see your idea, and even if I'm not fully convinced yet I do think something like this would be helpful. If you havn't already you can also add your suggestion at https://suggestions.manacube.com/ for other players to vote on your suggestion.

Thanks for reading and have a great day,

- Icebarge
Thanks for the detailed response! I agree with the points you made. It could turn away noobs for not seeing the popularity of DC. However, I can't speak for everyone, but I would only use it when trying to hold a conversation with other donators, which happens frequently. Being able to turn off DC and see all public chat would still be common, as most donors like to help noobs, myself included. It would not be strictly DC usage only, but for the times you are fishing through chat for their message, it would be nice to just see filtered messages.

You raised valid points and I agree. Hopefully we will see what response the devs can come up with. Obviously my idea is not perfect, and I'm sure it's something that can be worked with.

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
we could use it a bit like /msg but as like a group chat kind of. I agree with barge with the fact it might push newer players away but i think it would still be good to be able to use a command like /dc at times if the spam is getting a bit crazy.