[Earth] Donors Speed 10 and Flying in PvP

Should donators be able to use /fly and /speed immediately after combat?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters
Ratings
My friends and I are part of a town at the far south of Europe on Manacube Earth. There was this player with the ign MajorR or something similar, a ranked player who constantly comes over to harass/kill us whenever we leave the town borders to mine. I think he was using /map to constantly survey our borders, and he has made it his sole purpose in life to prevent us from leaving our town to do anything.

Anyway, my friends and I are not sheep. He couldn’t track us in the nether, so the 4 of us mined for netherite for nearly 20 hours over the weekend (I feel shameful for admitting how much time we dumped into this server LOL), had some money from the running/jumping quests on the first two days, bought diamonds from someone and with the resources in the nether, brewed strength, speed and healing.

Now we were ready. The next time he came at us, we laid a bait. One of us went out in iron armor to mine with the rest of us logged out in netherite to ambush him. Expectedly, he came. And then we struck!

He chugged at least 5 god apples during the fight and he barely stayed alive. Eventually, he managed to get an enderpearl off onto a high part of the cave, so we built up to pursue him. As we were chasing him, the man suddenly toggled /fly and ran…

That’s not the worst of it. We made him run once, now we could do it again, right? We were confident, as even though our carefully planned ambush had been ruined by a pearl and the /fly command, we had the resources to take him one on one now. Or that’s what we thought…

Moments later, he was flying around our base, and was impossible to hit with bows. When we went out to fight him, he just flew away, and when we got split up, he would fly to one of us, deal absurd damage with his sword (we were doing 0.5-1 heart a hit, he was doing 3-4 in our p4 netherite), and when the rest of us ran over, he’d turn, pearl a short distance, run for a while, and then /fly into the air and gloat while looking at us from above.

I think it’s unfair that /fly and /speed can be activated immediately after getting out of combat, as it lets the donators bully newer players who have no reasonable way to work around it. A single mistake by us would cause us to lose everything. Meanwhile, MajorR was able to make multiple mistakes, fall into several traps, and still survive where he shouldn’t have because he could fly after 15 seconds of running away…

Recommendation: /fly and /speed should only be available one minute after being out of combat. Thoughts?

TeamJacob

Earth Mod+
Moderator+
TeamJacob
TeamJacob
Mod+
Ratings
285 17
So there's something I'd like to touch on after reading this. Even though the official rules are not out the staff have been trying their best to inform players of the rules based on last season. Last season there was a rule about "camping" outside someones town. The Rule stated "You are not allowed to camp at a town for longer than 10 minutes (excluding sieges) " If you feel like this is violated I suggest making a player report or talking with an Earth staff member and giving any evidence you have so staff can look into it.

On the other subject of using /fly and/or /speed immediately when out of combat I don't have an opinion on...

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
Hey-Hey! From my experience with similar issues to this, we have had to consider longer cool-downs for commands in certain situations, further on into seasons, so this really isn't out of the ordinary!

When a new season/gamemode (in this case, for Mana at least), is being released, it is impossible for staff to think of all the ways commands, perks, etc. can be abused or bent in ways that aren't favourable, but aren't entirely against the rules either. Personally, I would suggest going along the lines of treating this as a player report as Jacob mentioned above if you have any evidence of this, or are at least able to provide any names of players who were involved in this, so they could possibly be monitored in the future.

But, assuming this is a suggestion/attempt to spark a discussion on the matter, I would strongly agree that a longer cool-down for these commands on Earth may be worthwhile considering, especially if they are used in this way. I think if it is continuously happening, it would definitely also be worthwhile also letting Earth staff know of the issue, so they can further discuss and decide whether or not they think cool-downs or even punishments could be considered for this type of thing.

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Heya!

Just to clarify, /speed [/wspeed /espeed /fspeed] is meant to revert back to 1 on combat tag; however, as most of you know it currently does not. It was fixed a few days ago but then broke again. If a player is abusing any speed in PVP, please try to get a recording and report using the correct channels [#Reports on the manacube discord, or DM a staff member (preferably an earth staff member)].

In regards to /fly, the only way to currently get fly time is out of fly cookies, which can be won in /cow daily, each cookie gives 5 minutes of fly time. As stated above by @SkyDieGame, donators do not get /fly, as this would make the game heavily p2w in my opinion.

I didn't cover the camping as I felt that was already addressed by Jacob above. However, I covered the speed/fly issue as much as I could. Although, if you have any other queries, you're free to reach out to me on my discord, or ask an Earth staff member; the current ones are @Jib @RQCAPTAIN and @Baitin!

Have a nice rest of your day!
- Jash