Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
A riot system would be a way to make sure that randoms don't become town leaders and that people that should be in power ARE in power.

The way this would work is that ANY PLAYER could place town a "Riot Banner" similar to a siege banner, and it would toggle PvP in the town. However, unlike sieges, these would last a maximum of just 2 hours, and not 72 hours, this way, it's harder to exploit it. Now, when the banner's placed, town residents receive a message in chat:
[Click to become part of the pro-mayor side] [Click to become a rioter]

To determine the "winner" of the riot, it's similar to a siege, where whichever side kills the opposition, they are awarded points. The two camps are rewarded 100 points for every kill, and the first camp to reach 800 points wins. If the pro-mayoral side wins, all the rioters get sent to the town jail, or if the town doesn't have a jail plot set, then the players get kicked from the town; if the rioters win, the person who started the riot becomes mayor and they can choose new town assistants, moderators, etc.
The reason for it being a "first to x" system instead of "most points at the end" is to make it so that riots are quick and don't cause too much bother for those who just want to play the game and don't like PvP, but it also could be used as a way to bypass peaceful towns, because it can be literally impossible to die if a town's peaceful, so this is a way to kind of mitigate that and sort of nerf it.
This Riot System could add a whole new dimension to Earth, and I think it'd be a great addition and would make it more interesting for those who aren't mayor/assistant.

edit: keepinventory should be enabled for these for obvious reasons
edit again: only players within the town that's rioting will be allowed to participate and if non-participants enter they will receive war allergy similar to non-involved players in sieges

Last edited:

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
bump cus why not cus apparently nobody cares (lol)

Poppycon

QA Team
Poppycon
Poppycon
QA Team
Ratings
30 5
With 2 hours, what stops residents from doing it while the mayor is offline/afk?

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
With 2 hours, what stops residents from doing it while the mayor is offline/afk?
to be honest idek

but keep in mind that players can choose to support the mayor and don't have to revolt against their ruler. i feel like this counters the fact that it can be activated at any time pretty much

Poppycon

QA Team
Poppycon
Poppycon
QA Team
Ratings
30 5
to be honest idek

but keep in mind that players can choose to support the mayor and don't have to revolt against their ruler. i feel like this counters the fact that it can be activated at any time pretty much
Time zones are a thing. It has to be at least 24 hours. Someone in Asia or Australia could start a revolt while noone else is online.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
A riot system would be a way to make sure that randoms don't become town leaders and that people that should be in power ARE in power.

The way this would work is that ANY PLAYER could place town a "Riot Banner" similar to a siege banner, and it would toggle PvP in the town. However, unlike sieges, these would last a maximum of just 2 hours, and not 72 hours, this way, it's harder to exploit it. Now, when the banner's placed, town residents receive a message in chat:
[Click to become part of the pro-mayor side] [Click to become a rioter]

To determine the "winner" of the riot, it's similar to a siege, where whichever side kills the opposition, they are awarded points. The two camps are rewarded 100 points for every kill, and the first camp to reach 800 points wins. If the pro-mayoral side wins, all the rioters get sent to the town jail, or if the town doesn't have a jail plot set, then the players get kicked from the town; if the rioters win, the person who started the riot becomes mayor and they can choose new town assistants, moderators, etc.
The reason for it being a "first to x" system instead of "most points at the end" is to make it so that riots are quick and don't cause too much bother for those who just want to play the game and don't like PvP, but it also could be used as a way to bypass peaceful towns, because it can be literally impossible to die if a town's peaceful, so this is a way to kind of mitigate that and sort of nerf it.
This Riot System could add a whole new dimension to Earth, and I think it'd be a great addition and would make it more interesting for those who aren't mayor/assistant.

edit: keepinventory should be enabled for these for obvious reasons
edit again: only players within the town that's rioting will be allowed to participate and if non-participants enter they will receive war allergy similar to non-involved players in sieges
Honestly, this would just stop bigger towns from inviting new players
-1 no thanku

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Time zones are a thing. It has to be at least 24 hours. Someone in Asia or Australia could start a revolt while noone else is online.
I see, I didn't account for that. Maybe make it so that at least 4 players need to be online for it to start?

Honestly, this would just stop bigger towns from inviting new players
-1 no thanku
Maybe make it so a player would need to be in the town for at least a week to prevent abuse.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
I see, I didn't account for that. Maybe make it so that at least 4 players need to be online for it to start?

Maybe make it so a player would need to be in the town for at least a week to prevent abuse.
I mean if someone contributed a decent % of the town banks worth then yes, maybe but if I invite someone and they play for a few weeks then take all my hard work without contributing anything towards it then i'd be mad as hell.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
I mean if someone contributed a decent % of the town banks worth then yes, maybe but if I invite someone and they play for a few weeks then take all my hard work without contributing anything towards it then i'd be mad as hell.
Oh I see, yeah an idea of contributing to town bank or something sounds cool