Rejected Empire States (Repost) (Medium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
Username: CloudyZ
Map Name: Empire States
Photos:

Plot ID: ID: 17;101
Difficulty: Medium

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey CloudyZ,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: It's true that we don't have a map themed after the Empire State building, but that doesn't mean it's an incredibly original theme as it does fall under the skyscraper category. Which, is a category that has been used a couple of times on our server. But, I'll let say it's original since it is its own monument.
  • Build: I really don't like the build. Don't get me wrong, the exterior isn't terrible. I just think that it's something that anybody could've built. I've seen the same build countless times on other servers or just by searching "Empire State Bulilding Minecraft" on google. It's not a very creative rendition. And, it's only further hindered by the interior and the block choices for the exterior. Personally, I felt that the interior was completely disregarded. And, making the entire building, floor, and balconies out of quartz was a peculiar choice, it kind of makes it not look like the Empire State building. It just isn't a build suitable for our expectations.
  • Parkour: The parkour was definitely long enough and hard enough for a medium, even if I think it'd be on the harder side of the medium difficulty. But, that's very minuscule in comparison to the actual problem of the parkour. The parkour was very repetitive at times. You use segments too much, I don't want to be doing the same back to back to then do another jump back to back. It's just not very fun. And, your map was mostly comprised of quartz, fence, and ladder jumps. You have to incorporate more jumps/blocks into your parkour to make it enjoyable.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.