Everything Wrong with KitPvP

xcy

Dedicated Member
Ratings
123 5
Hello, just wanted to start off with a general statement: everything here is completely opinion based and is only intended to help the server grow, no hate here. So, without further ado, here we go.

Anticheat

The anticheat is, well, an anticheat. There's not really anything special at all to it. I feel as though we were completely mislead by how good the anticheat was promised to be. I'll give credit where credit is due - it bans 6 blockers, sorta, and bans regen hackers. I feel like it was really only developed with common, free, frankly garbage hacked clients with only extremely blatant features in mind. Any paid client, or even some free clients with lower settings seem to bypass pretty easily. Take a look at our beloved Aleksi, who has literally found a way to fly hack, lowtick, 6 block, bhop, etc, FREELY. The first day kit released, he found bypasses in 5 mins, which is honestly just sad. Again, a huge improvement over what we had previously, but falls completely short of what we were promised. There are definitely gsets that toggle very blatantly, and still somehow wont get caught, which again, is ridiculous.

Moderators:
As a small subsection, I feel as though moderation has fallen off completely. It's like everything is dependent on the anticheat, and mods are kinda just there for chat offenses; not actually watching players. I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes, but no matter how many reports I make, and I mean I've written college level essays including a clip of me screensharing players and mods just say "thanks," and then do nothing about it. I have seen mods ban players, but the most common response is "not enough evidence." We need screensharing to come back, like what sil and ana used to do, but as managers they don't do it anymore. It's really a shame how competitive it gets, yet the player wont get banned for 4 blocking because the hits are unclear.

General Lag/Ping

While the ping part may not apply as much as lag does, it feels like everyone I fight no matter what there actual ping is, is 200+ The server lag was terrible last season and while does feel a bit better, is nothing close playable in gset. For example, block hitting will literally break your game, you will just stop dealing damage all together, and are forced to just run for 30+ seconds. This problem has persisted since the beginning of the season yet has not been fixed; blocking is one of the most if not the most important aspects to 1.8 pvp. Moving on, the general movement and hit registration is just not great at all. You cannot bow boost on ice or in water without being lagged back, even though it was said to be fixed. Pearls are literally a coinflip; sometimes they work great, other times you'll get stuck in a block and suffocate and you can't do anything. There are spots on the map where pearls are so broken they just wont land, and will snatch your pearl away from you, being prompt in chat "you can't pearl into this location," meanwhile the kid you are chasing just did. Bow boosting is much better than it was at the start of the season, but it would have been better untouched. Last season bow boosting felt super floaty, and I really liked how it felt, aside the fact that it would slightly shoot you to the right. I feel like bow boosting had other kit servers in mind, and was tried to be replicated, but a lot of the time arrows just bounce off of you. There's literally no chance of chasing a 20 ping player if your 100 ping. The main take away; hit registration and block hitting glitch.

Economy

As a new player, the server really is unappealing unless your willing to grind. The economy revolves around diamond players farming new iron players for money. Not to mention the new eco system, so you get even less money per kill now. Fishing is mediocre at best, and it's easy to get bored quickly. This section is short, but basically, bring back the old eco system and buff fishing, so newer players have an alternative to getting destroyed over and over by the same diamond kit. Oh, and also ant boosting plugin. I can see why it might be annoying, but does anyone really boost? It's very inefficient and is easy to work around with patience.

Map

The fact that the old map was copy pasted and slightly edited was just lazy, and looks horrible. It really looks like a kid that just learned to used world edit copy pasted the map and then created some mountains and barriers. While I love the whole "no void" factor, it is absolutely horrible to have to chase some kid that just pearls into a jungle tree and bows you off. It's insanely easy to get out of ganks now and pretty hard to chase if you've spent 10 mins walking around finding pearl spots. IMO, remove pearls, make the map more flat, and get rid of jungle. The trees scattered around the map are great, but a little tall. Not saying PVP on a superflat world, but some spots of the map are just WAAAY too steep and really are pointless.

This was my little rant, no hate but I really do just want to see the server grow and these are my thoughts of the new season. I would love to see some changes and will occasionally edit this post.

Lavendel

Forum Master
PATRON
Lavendel
Lavendel
Patron
Ratings
579 7
Hey Hey!

This was quite interesting to read through, thank you for the feedback. I hope you are okay with me commenting on some of the things to give you a little insight into my opinion about this topic/thread.

I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes, but no matter how many reports I make, and I mean I've written college-level essays including a clip of me screensharing players and mods just say "thanks," and then do nothing about it. I have seen mods ban players, but the most common response is "not enough evidence." We need screensharing to come back, like what sil and ana used to do, but as managers, they don't do it anymore.
As you can imagine, I can't really reveal anything of what happens behind the scenes, but I can kind of explain how we handle things sometimes. If we receive a report (including a Clip), whether it's through a ticket or any other way, we generally are able to deal with this on our own. If it comes to reports, similar to something you mentioned, some of us handle them on our own or start up a discussion with fellow KitPvP Staff for opinions and then come to a decision together.

The main reason we don't really accept player screensharing others is that we need sufficient proof of them using it on Manacube. These days it's quite common that KitPvP players have a Client, that is not being used on Manacube but on other Servers. Also when we review a Clip, we look for different Factors (taking a Reach Clip as an example), we generally check for things like Server Lag, Ping, FOV, Combo'ing, etc., and honestly, most Clips we have received have either been too laggy or it shows clear hit delay.

Regarding screensharing, there were some changes inside of the usability of screensharing, which made it only accessible to KitPvP Mod+ and above. So basically, I have all the pressure on me, lol. To be honest I had to reduce my Activity over the past Months to focus on other things and screenshares sometimes take up a lot of time and can be unnecessary as well. I personally expect evidence of a suspect before I think about initiating a screenshare. However, I hope to be screensharing more again soon!

Adding one last thing to this, I do have to agree that I'm not always too happy with how we handle things. I hope to improve that for myself and perhaps encourage others to do so as well. We always appreciate feedback regarding this, so if you have anything you may DM me on discord as well. I apologize for the inconvenience.

The fact that the old map was copy pasted and slightly edited was just lazy, and looks horrible. It really looks like a kid that just learned to used world edit copy pasted the map and then created some mountains and barriers.
I totally get your point, I personally wasn't happy either since it looks rushed and not very well integrated everywhere. I do believe that we are most likely to get a new Map next Season, it'd actually be great if we could have a Map that is also based on some of the Player Feedback we get. In my opinion, this Map was revamped to test out some of the removed blocks that were causing Issues last Season (e.g Slabs, some Stairs, etc.).

As a new player, the server really is unappealing unless your willing to grind. The economy revolves around diamond players farming new iron players for money. Not to mention the new eco system, so you get even less money per kill now. Fishing is mediocre at best, and it's easy to get bored quickly. This section is short, but basically, bring back the old eco system and buff fishing, so newer players have an alternative to getting destroyed over and over by the same diamond kit. Oh, and also ant boosting plugin. I can see why it might be annoying, but does anyone really boost? It's very inefficient and is easy to work around with patience.
I'm not too familiar with this Season's Eco System quite yet, so perhaps you can clear this a little more up for me through a Forums Conversation if you are happy to do so. Adding onto that, if you (or others) have suggestions for fishing feel free to let me know. As for the Anti Boost Plugin, I understand it may not be that necessary anymore but we had a lot of boosting going on in last Season, so I can see why it was implemented. We'll see how this Season goes and perhaps it'll be changed up in the next one.

The anticheat is, well, an anticheat. There's not really anything special at all to it. I feel as though we were completely mislead by how good the anticheat was promised to be. I'll give credit where credit is due - it bans 6 blockers, sorta, and bans regen hackers. I feel like it was really only developed with common, free, frankly garbage hacked clients with only extremely blatant features in mind. Any paid client, or even some free clients with lower settings seem to bypass pretty easily. Take a look at our beloved Aleksi, who has literally found a way to fly hack, lowtick, 6 block, bhop, etc, FREELY. The first day kit released, he found bypasses in 5 mins, which is honestly just sad. Again, a huge improvement over what we had previously, but falls completely short of what we were promised. There are definitely gsets that toggle very blatantly, and still somehow wont get caught, which again, is ridiculous.
I can't comment a lot since I am not experienced in this area (lol), but as far as I am concerned the current checks are being improved on every now and then. It's not fully finished yet! And honestly (that's just my opinion though), it can't always be immediately improved on just because Aleksi bypasses it, it takes time and takes away other priorities and there's always going to be a way he'll bypass it, so why is it worth the pain.

Don't hate me but this Season's Anticheat is honestly much better than last Season's... it has banned more people than the last one had done in a year.

This is pretty much everything I had to say about this, I'd like to thank you once again for this detailed feedback. I hope we are able to have even more Improvements next Season, and hope Players will be satisfied. You can always let us know about Suggestions you have for this Season, we try to take everything into consideration but not everything will be able to be changed until next Season! Just shoot us a message. ^-^

P.S.: If you have some questions/concerns about what I said, feel free to contact me on the forums or on discord [Lavendel#4574].

Have a nice day/night!
Sincerely,
Lavendel

Ratings
Hello, just wanted to start off with a general statement: everything here is completely opinion based and is only intended to help the server grow, no hate here. So, without further ado, here we go.

Anticheat

Moderators:
As a small subsection, I feel as though moderation has fallen off completely. It's like everything is dependent on the anticheat, and mods are kinda just there for chat offenses; not actually watching players. I'm not sure what goes on behind the scenes, but no matter how many reports I make, and I mean I've written college level essays including a clip of me screensharing players and mods just say "thanks," and then do nothing about it. I have seen mods ban players, but the most common response is "not enough evidence." We need screensharing to come back, like what sil and ana used to do, but as managers they don't do it anymore. It's really a shame how competitive it gets, yet the player wont get banned for 4 blocking because the hits are unclear.

General Lag/Ping

While the ping part may not apply as much as lag does, it feels like everyone I fight no matter what there actual ping is, is 200+ The server lag was terrible last season and while does feel a bit better, is nothing close playable in gset. For example, block hitting will literally break your game, you will just stop dealing damage all together, and are forced to just run for 30+ seconds. This problem has persisted since the beginning of the season yet has not been fixed; blocking is one of the most if not the most important aspects to 1.8 pvp. Moving on, the general movement and hit registration is just not great at all. You cannot bow boost on ice or in water without being lagged back, even though it was said to be fixed. Pearls are literally a coinflip; sometimes they work great, other times you'll get stuck in a block and suffocate and you can't do anything. There are spots on the map where pearls are so broken they just wont land, and will snatch your pearl away from you, being prompt in chat "you can't pearl into this location," meanwhile the kid you are chasing just did. Bow boosting is much better than it was at the start of the season, but it would have been better untouched. Last season bow boosting felt super floaty, and I really liked how it felt, aside the fact that it would slightly shoot you to the right. I feel like bow boosting had other kit servers in mind, and was tried to be replicated, but a lot of the time arrows just bounce off of you. There's literally no chance of chasing a 20 ping player if your 100 ping. The main take away; hit registration and block hitting glitch.

Economy

Map

The fact that the old map was copy pasted and slightly edited was just lazy, and looks horrible. It really looks like a kid that just learned to used world edit copy pasted the map and then created some mountains and barriers. While I love the whole "no void" factor, it is absolutely horrible to have to chase some kid that just pearls into a jungle tree and bows you off. It's insanely easy to get out of ganks now and pretty hard to chase if you've spent 10 mins walking around finding pearl spots. IMO, remove pearls, make the map more flat, and get rid of jungle. The trees scattered around the map are great, but a little tall. Not saying PVP on a superflat world, but some spots of the map are just WAAAY too steep and really are pointless.

This was my little rant, no hate but I really do just want to see the server grow and these are my thoughts of the new season. I would love to see some changes and will occasionally edit this post.
I agree with the main top half of this; Anticheat and Moderation. The moderation has kinda fallen off, not many staff are on frequently. And the Anticheat is pretty atrocious IMO. It doesn't really sense bhop, anti-kb, or lagswitch/lagback. For Economy, fishing makes alot of money/rewards. About 20 fish (all common) makes about 200-300. Rare fish are mostly worth about ~100, and Epic fish are about 300 each, pretty good profit. Additionally, every 10 catches gives you a rewards (usually 16-32 experience bottles, or a enchantment book. sometimes better, it's just a loottable.) For General Lag, personally, I don't really get any lag and I don't have a very expensive set-up. I just use a iMac, I hold stable FPS on Vanilla and whilst using clients.