Farming level leaderboards unfair. Very easy to cheat :)

Ratings
5 1
So if you have played survival you are aware of the job leveling system, and there is obviously many ways to afk farm such systems that will render unfair to others. After checking the leaderboards today, I have noticed 3 people that I know afk farm, and have been banned for it that still remain on the leaderboards. As these bans are only one day, it makes it very nice and easy to grind out farming levels before you get banned and you don't even have to work for them!
2020-09-25_20.32.38.png

My evidence: SlaizenNezials was just very recently banned by GummyTheGod for the THIRD time for auto/afk fishing. He received a one day ban and it back, better than ever and #4 on the leaderboard.

TheMythOfAssCat and TheLegendOfAssCat have been banned a few times too, Including one today by TheProTroller.

Ban logs:
1601080724557.png

1601080807654.png

1601080872174.png

What I believe should be done about this
I believe any player caught auto-farming like this should be banned for the allotted amount of time, however, I think the job level they were caught afk farming should be completely reset. This may sound harsh, yet as you can see from the 3 players above, they didn't learn their lesson from being banned once and getting caught. It does not mean anything to these players because as soon as they are unbanned they can continue to grind out those farm levels and unfairly dominate the leaderboards.​

TL: DR
Job level leaderboard is inaccurate due to cheaters who receive no punishment or setback

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk
(Yes I'm a cry baby I just want a fair chance)

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I like your ideas!
I know on Olympus when your leaderboard banned, your score no longer shows on the leaderboard. The player can still gain levels but has no real point to since they arent in any competition.
I also know on parkour they can freeze your mana balance or something if your caught cheating.

I think a combination of these where your score is frozen and you're blacklisted from the leaderboards could be another excellent solution. This is in adition to the regular punishments.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Hey Logeyyy!

This is a really good concept Leaderboard spots are something players work very hard for on Survival and due to a lack of payouts it would be good if the integrity of the board is kept in check!

believe any player caught auto-farming like this should be banned for the allotted amount of time, however, I think the job level they were caught afk farming should be completely reset. This may sound harsh, yet as you can see from the 3 players above, they didn't learn their lesson from being banned once and getting caught. It does not mean anything to these players because as soon as they are unbanned they can continue to grind out those farm levels and unfairly dominate the leaderboards.
This is a really pertinent suggestion and something similar has been suggest before by Survival players. It is currently been discussed now in more detail, depth and practice. Overall really cool idea and I believe its important that with the lack of payouts that the competitive nature of Survival be fostered and be kept fair and equal.

As for your concerns about other players! If you have issues with other players and how they are being moderated I strongly suggest you make a player report not publicly shame players to prove a point. The forums is a great place for critical discussion and improving game modes in both techniques and rule suggestions. But it is not a place to tear down others publicly even if its to prove a point. I really like this form of thinking and desire to make the game mode better. However, with these sort've things it is best to make sure your focus is on the change you can make instead of calling out other players. Doing this detracts from both your idea and message you are attempting to convey. Also keep in mind that you do not have the evidence, context or understanding of how and/or why these players were banned.

Raptor

Ratings
5 1
Hey Logeyyy!

This is a really good concept Leaderboard spots are something players work very hard for on Survival and due to a lack of payouts it would be good if the integrity of the board is kept in check!

This is a really pertinent suggestion and something similar has been suggest before by Survival players. It is currently been discussed now in more detail, depth and practice. Overall really cool idea and I believe its important that with the lack of payouts that the competitive nature of Survival be fostered and be kept fair and equal.

As for your concerns about other players! If you have issues with other players and how they are being moderated I strongly suggest you make a player report not publicly shame players to prove a point. The forums is a great place for critical discussion and improving game modes in both techniques and rule suggestions. But it is not a place to tear down others publicly even if its to prove a point. I really like this form of thinking and desire to make the game mode better. However, with these sort've things it is best to make sure your focus is on the change you can make instead of calling out other players. Doing this detracts from both your idea and message you are attempting to convey. Also keep in mind that you do not have the evidence, context or understanding of how and/or why these players were banned.

Raptor
Yes, this post may publicly bash 3 certain players, yet they have multiple offenses and they still continue to cheat, so it seems maybe if they get called out about it that it might help to get them to stop. Either way, I will now go on to make a player report on every one of these players because they have all unfairly gained their farm levels. Thanks for the feedback.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Yes, this post may publicly bash 3 certain players, yet they have multiple offenses and they still continue to cheat, so it seems maybe if they get called out about it that it might help to get them to stop. Either way, I will now go on to make a player report on every one of these players because they have all unfairly gained their farm levels. Thanks for the feedback.
Regardless of players previous offences it is not the role of anyone to bring others down for mistakes they have made in the past. I will kindly suggest you avoid doing it in the future as its not nice for those you target. Also my main issue with it is it detracts from a really good suggestion you made. Thanks for making the player reports, it is definitely the appropriate way to deal with these types of concerns and issues in future.

I hope you appreciate and understand where I am coming from,
Raptor

Ratings
5 1
Regardless of players previous offences it is not the role of anyone to bring others down for mistakes they have made in the past. I will kindly suggest you avoid doing it in the future as its not nice for those you target. Also my main issue with it is it detracts from a really good suggestion you made. Thanks for making the player reports, it is definitely the appropriate way to deal with these types of concerns and issues in future.

I hope you appreciate and understand where I am coming from,
Raptor
I wouldn't have said what I said about these players if they weren't all repeat offences. They are clearly not mistakes. No one makes mistakes 3 times in a row after begin punished for it B)