switch

Dedicated Member
ELITE
wentrare
wentrare
ELITE
Ratings
113 3
Anyone know the fastest way to get heads? I know there's like a 10% drop chance of getting one per mob but there must be a faster way of getting them.
I found a way to get heads, I don't know if its fast or not, but there's a chicken spawner at /warp animals and if you get the chickens in a corner, you can just use a Diamond Axe and get tons of chicken, feathers, and chicken heads because you can kill them pretty quick. Anyone know a faster way?

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Hey there,

That's pretty much the fastest way to get mob heads. Ideally you grind animals that you can kill in one hit (chickens, cows, sheep, and skeletons if you have a bone axe). Just round them up in a corner and spam left-click as fast as you can. Using looting as far as I know also doesn't increase the amount of heads you get.

It's also important to note that a player has to physically be the thing that kills the mob, or else you don't get the head (ex. Making a creeper farm that makes them die due to fall damage will give you the gunpowder but not the head).

Hope this helps,
4thForce:mc_79-0:

switch

Dedicated Member
ELITE
wentrare
wentrare
ELITE
Ratings
113 3
Hey there,

That's pretty much the fastest way to get mob heads. Ideally you grind animals that you can kill in one hit (chickens, cows, sheep, and skeletons if you have a bone axe). Just round them up in a corner and spam left-click as fast as you can. Using looting as far as I know also doesn't increase the amount of heads you get.

It's also important to note that a player has to physically be the thing that kills the mob, or else you don't get the head (ex. Making a creeper farm that makes them die due to fall damage will give you the gunpowder but not the head).

Hope this helps,
4thForce:mc_79-0:
Alright, thank you :D
Also, does CPS kill them faster? Because it feels like 15 CPS is the same as 5 in terms of the mobs dying.

_Payday__

ELITE
_Payday__
_Payday__
ELITE
Ratings
Anyone know the fastest way to get heads? I know there's like a 10% drop chance of getting one per mob but there must be a faster way of getting them.
I found a way to get heads, I don't know if its fast or not, but there's a chicken spawner at /warp animals and if you get the chickens in a corner, you can just use a Diamond Axe and get tons of chicken, feathers, and chicken heads because you can kill them pretty quick. Anyone know a faster way?
there is not a faster way than insta killing a mob at like 7-5 cps bc its instakill and the mobs death animation takes time so no there is no way faster

Axolotl

MVP
luom
luom
MVP
Ratings
32 1
I would recommend farming stuff like cows in /warp mob

4thForce

Forum Expert
ELITE
4thForce
4thForce
ELITE
Ratings
334 6
Yeah that's what i do, but i go to /warp animals and farm chickens since they die pretty quick
I've tried grinding chickens before, but I don't know if anyone else experiences this but when you hit a chicken the stack will jump up in the air and slowly come back down, then when it hits the ground it jumps back up again. This gets annoying for me since I usually grind mobs on the side while doing something else (spamming my mouse while watching a youtube video, for example), and having to move my mouse to hit the chickens every time they jump can get annoying after a while.

switch

Dedicated Member
ELITE
wentrare
wentrare
ELITE
Ratings
113 3
I've tried grinding chickens before, but I don't know if anyone else experiences this but when you hit a chicken the stack will jump up in the air and slowly come back down, then when it hits the ground it jumps back up again. This gets annoying for me since I usually grind mobs on the side while doing something else (spamming my mouse while watching a youtube video, for example), and having to move my mouse to hit the chickens every time they jump can get annoying after a while.
Yeah that does happen sometimes, but im used to it. Im pretty sure its just the chickens that do that.

Ratings
10 2
basically brute force at a mob grinder