Fishing themed Skywars map.

Should my fishing themed map get accepted?

• Total voters

caitey_gurl1

Donator
Ratings
7 2
Hey everyone, ive made a fishing themed skywars map!. Its very unique and I dont think anyone has submitted a fishing theme yet.
The map has a limit of 8 players
2 chests on each island
7 chests in the middle
--------------------------------
please tell me if I need to add anymore information
alot of my pictures wouldnt upload so ill try to put them in the comments thanks
Kind Regards, caitey_gurl1 <3
View attachment 3353 View attachment 3354

Last edited:

PrestonTheSlime

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
97 13
As a Skywars fanatic I feel it is only necessary I address the problems and positives I have with this map.
Problems
-This map is way not balanced. To get to center all someone needs to do from a middle island is place about five blocks then they're on the fishing line where the can just place a few more blocks to climb the string and be at center whereas corner players either have to build to a middle island or build at least 32 blocks to make it to center going at a diagonal.
-No cover on starter islands (personal peeve) I hate starting platforms because they're flat and it is super easy to get knocked off. I could just get the sniper kit in the beginning and it guarantees at least 2 kills. I think players should have to work for kills :p

Positives
-I love the theme and the soul sand in the center makes pvp more challenging (something I have in my map in the works)
~Preston <3

xXWindows10Xx

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
149 7
It seems really nice!

Pros:
The center is well designed in my opinion
The theme is also VERY creative and unique!

Cons:
The starting islands looks really small ( small starting islands are fine in small maps such as "Biomes" and if its a little spread out like whitchville, then make the islands a little bigger.

If the map is really big (like "Fantasy"), then add 6+ chests in the center
If it's small as "classics" map, then keep 4-6 chests MAXIMUM at the center

Additional Comments:

If you are making another map then...

When map building, try to take as much pictures of your build as possible, and also the name of your plot to make it easier to find or an accessible download link.

When taking pictures, press "F1" to hide the inventory to make it easier to concentrate on the map itself.

How to Improve:
Read the
Cons above.

This map is pretty good so far and creative, Good Luck! ;)