YoungerMacky

PATRON
YoungerMacky
YoungerMacky
Patron
Ratings
31 9
Short post but,

Does anyone else think that Bosses on earth are kind of pointless?

-Nobody Ever Shows Up
-The drops are absolutely horrendous, I don't think I've gotten anything better than a harvester hoe or XP.
-It's annoying to kill for stuff that I just end up throwing away.

Suggestions
-Make it so you get multiple items and better items if you are a top damager, so there actually is an incentive to do damage.
-Buff The loot, (Ex. Why am I still getting money pouches worth less than what I make in 10 seconds of doing nothing? )

Feedback?

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
247 36
Since start of szn I have participated in 4 bosses. It's just not worth the reward and it takes too long to do solo.
Only a handful of players can be bothered to do boss.

so yes +1 to Macky's post

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Short post but,

Does anyone else think that Bosses on earth are kind of pointless?

-Nobody Ever Shows Up
-The drops are absolutely horrendous, I don't think I've gotten anything better than a harvester hoe or XP.
-It's annoying to kill for stuff that I just end up throwing away.

Suggestions
-Make it so you get multiple items and better items if you are a top damager, so there actually is an incentive to do damage.
-Buff The loot, (Ex. Why am I still getting money pouches worth less than what I make in 10 seconds of doing nothing? )

Feedback?
Since start of szn I have participated in 4 bosses. It's just not worth the reward and it takes too long to do solo.
Only a handful of players can be bothered to do boss.

so yes +1 to Macky's post

Just use the Dragon Mask. Bosses are literally so easy once you use it that it doesn't matter that the drops are bad.

edit: The only thing they should change is that they should tune down the damage they do so that people don't break their armor and so newer players don't get one-tapped.

YoungerMacky

PATRON
YoungerMacky
YoungerMacky
Patron
Ratings
31 9
Just use the Dragon Mask. Bosses are literally so easy once you use it that it doesn't matter that the drops are bad.

edit: The only thing they should change is that they should tune down the damage they do so that people don't break their armor and so newer players don't get one-tapped.
Out of curiosity, why “doesn't [it] matter that the drops are bad.” . If you are able to afford a dragon mask I know damn well the boss drops don’t help you at all.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Out of curiosity, why “doesn't [it] matter that the drops are bad.” . If you are able to afford a dragon mask I know damn well the boss drops don’t help you at all.
the boss gear is good starter gear anyway, they're just bad for the endgame, early and midgame they're pretty decent so i don't see what the issue is. the drop rate on the gear isn't that low anyway cause usually one or two people get an actual item every boss.

YoungerMacky

PATRON
YoungerMacky
YoungerMacky
Patron
Ratings
31 9
the boss gear is good starter gear anyway, they're just bad for the endgame, early and midgame they're pretty decent so i don't see what the issue is. the drop rate on the gear isn't that low anyway cause usually one or two people get an actual item every boss.
That's funny that you say that, I've done over 30 bosses, and gotten either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd damage every time, not once have I ever got a boss piece and I think I might have seen 2 total boss pieces drop for other players. Beyond the point, if the boss is designed to be really beefy and only good players can kill it, why doesn't it give end-game items? If you get low damage you should get low tier drop, but if you are doing 1000 damage to the boss and getting the same reward as someone who has done 10 damage, do you really think it's fair?

Im going to save you time If you think that everyone is entitled to the same drops (regardless of damage done) you are a firm believer in communism.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
That's funny that you say that, I've done over 30 bosses, and gotten either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd damage every time, not once have I ever got a boss piece and I think I might have seen 2 total boss pieces drop for other players. Beyond the point, if the boss is designed to be really beefy and only good players can kill it, why doesn't it give end-game items? If you get low damage you should get low tier drop, but if you are doing 1000 damage to the boss and getting the same reward as someone who has done 10 damage, do you really think it's fair?

Im going to save you time If you think that everyone is entitled to the same drops (regardless of damage done) you are a firm believer in communism.
I agree that more damage should be higher chance at good drops. As for you saying that you never pulled anything in 30 bosses, I've done nearly 200 and have only pulled like 2 or 3 items. It's called RNG. Some just don't have good luck and some do. The reason you're never seeing anyone pulling things is because nobody goes. This is a natural happening as progressively less players that kill bosses are on due to szn 3 being older and older. In the earliest months of the season, it wasn't unusual for 2 or 3 people to pull something good. There's still motivation to do bosses now. At 500 boss kills you get an sva sword. At 25 50 and 100 kills on each boss you get treasure boxes.

YoungerMacky

PATRON
YoungerMacky
YoungerMacky
Patron
Ratings
31 9
I agree that more damage should be higher chance at good drops. As for you saying that you never pulled anything in 30 bosses, I've done nearly 200 and have only pulled like 2 or 3 items. It's called RNG. Some just don't have good luck and some do. The reason you're never seeing anyone pulling things is because nobody goes. This is a natural happening as progressively less players that kill bosses are on due to szn 3 being older and older. In the earliest months of the season, it wasn't unusual for 2 or 3 people to pull something good. There's still motivation to do bosses now. At 500 boss kills you get an sva sword. At 25 50 and 100 kills on each boss you get treasure boxes.
Okay now, I'm so lost why you voted no, you clearly said "I agree that more damage should be higher chance at good drops " The poll says "Do Bosses Need A Revamp" which you seem to be actively contradicing yourself.

Also, I did the math on "At 500 boss kills you get an sva" ; If you were to get 500 boss kills, it would take you 62.5 days, of sleepless nights, doing every single boss, every day. You say 500 bosses as if its an easy task, when the top boss killer on the server has 463, that means after half a year nobody has one. How on earth is that reasonable for the average player?

Short answer, its not.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
Okay now, I'm so lost why you voted no, you clearly said "I agree that more damage should be higher chance at good drops " The poll says "Do Bosses Need A Revamp" which you seem to be actively contradicing yourself.

Also, I did the math on "At 500 boss kills you get an sva" ; If you were to get 500 boss kills, it would take you 62.5 days, of sleepless nights, doing every single boss, every day. You say 500 bosses as if its an easy task, when the top boss killer on the server has 463, that means after half a year nobody has one. How on earth is that reasonable for the average player?

Short answer, its not.
Ok, say you kill 3 bosses a day mon-fri and on sat and sun you kill 6. 9 bosses per week comes out to about 56 weeks. "That's crazy ahsbahahavahav" last season lasted almost 60 weeks, it's possible.

Plus, you still can get cool cosmetics and stuff at the 25, 50 and 100 milestones and you can also get keys from those treasure boxes.

YoungerMacky

PATRON
YoungerMacky
YoungerMacky
Patron
Ratings
31 9
Ok, say you kill 3 bosses a day mon-fri and on sat and sun you kill 6. 9 bosses per week comes out to about 56 weeks. "That's crazy ahsbahahavahav" last season lasted almost 60 weeks, it's possible.

Plus, you still can get cool cosmetics and stuff at the 25, 50 and 100 milestones and you can also get keys from those treasure boxes.
So you are saying, the only way bosses are beneficial for end game players is if they grind the entire season and get nothing good til the very end?

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
So you are saying, the only way bosses are beneficial for end game players is if they grind the entire season and get nothing good til the very end?
that's how like... manacube works lol hate to break it to you

and yes you're correct on that