Fixes Needed for Atlas... again

Ratings
Hey look, Im making another one of these. This time ill go a little more in depth about my "complains" I guess. As per HallowQueen's request, I'm "taking it to the forums"

So, to start off, at the time of writing this, a bug hasn't been fixed in at least a week that is either noticeable or has been reported to have been fixed (/fly in mines is still disabled, which is near unexcusable since it works in the VIP mine, Autosell has yet to be fixed, and many other things are buggy as can be). This is already a little... concerning, but it gets worse. xDacon plans to release Factions, which sounds great! A whole new server for the people who want it! Ah, but you see, this instantly screws Atlas. Once factions is released, xDacon and his team will have to moderate that for it's release, not to mention it WILL have bugs, no server is perfect when it starts. xDacon will then have to fix the bugs there to satisfy the players of Factions. Oh, remember Atlas? Still a buggy mess for a month.

I'm no game designer, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but this just feels like an instant lose situation for everyone. xDacon now has 2 NEW COMPLAINING SERVERS to take care of! And the players of Atlas and Factions will have to play a buggy mess for a while! This decision for Factions to be released 2-3 weeks AFTER an entire new server is also released is just asking for complaints.

xDacon and whoever else reads this, you're great. I could never run a server myself, but somehow xDacon does it. I just want to speak for the players of Atlas when I say it needs fixes or at least confirmation from xDacon himself. In fact, at the time of this post, xDacon himself has been offline for 4 entire days. Even if he comes on and says "hi" I'll be happy, at least he's here.

TL;DR Atlas players are concerned, it's a buggy mess and we're a little annoyed. Please xDacon, say SOMETHING to us!

Edit: I, along with all atlas players, are done sitting and hoping for fixes of any kind. We're quickly becoming angry at the response "it's broken" and "its been reported", or even "its being worked on." With factions coming very soon, we need fixes near immediately or Atlas is doomed.

Last edited:
Ratings
I agree boom, there is a lot of broken things in atlas and it makes me sad because yesterday I saw in chat somebody purchased a sell wand, and I just couldn't imagine how bad it would feel that he just spent real money on something only then to realize later that it doesn't work, and we easily see dozens of messages every day of people asking, "is autosell fixed yet?" And this concerns us Atlas players a lot, because we have put in hundreds of hours now on a new server because it has a great player base and it's a lot of fun with less people, but I fear it won't be able to hold long, because if you look at Aether, everything works fine there. So then it begs the question: what the hell is going on with Atlas? But yes as BoomKo said, it is incredibly difficult to run a server, and I'm sure the mods and admins are doing gods-work, but please, it is getting very frustrating, and if it isn't given attention, then Atlas will probably die off and everyone will go back to Aether.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
While I understand and appreciate your concerns, I would just like to address this issue (again) - prepare for a novel.

As a player, and fellow member of the community, I do completely understand the frustration and concerns you and other Atlas players are expressing, however after being part of the community for several server releases / resets, I can wholeheartedly assure you that with time, the issues you are all worried about will be fixed - it just requires patience, and trust that they are being looked into.

I know it’s frustrating to be told this repeatedly by staff without any real update of progress, but the truth is, the players have no idea what really goes on behind the scenes - with 3 Admins / Devs plus Dakota working on constant issues across ~9 servers, plus the release of another server (Factions), of course it’s going to take a while for every single issue to be resolved.

Most, if not all of the issues/bugs that exist on the servers are not things that can be fixed at the snap of the developers’ fingers. These things do take a lot of time. When Olympus experienced it’s first ever reset, there were a tonne of bugs too - players threatened to quit, and also claimed that the entire network would fall apart, but here we are. In fact, the exact opposite of that prediction happened - Olympus became so popular, Dacon had to make a second Olympus realm just to fit all the players.

Truthfully, new servers are always the most vulnerable and bug-ridden, but it is due to their newness. Anything which is a brand new release is not 100% bug-free, with instantaneous fixes the minute they’re found and reported, and to expect that here is unrealistic, and unfair. Players like to claim that Dacon is ‘lazy’ constantly, with no real justification or proof other than “Bug fixes take ages on the server we play on" - but is he, or are players just impatient because they don’t know every single thing that goes on behind the scenes, as well as his personal life? - Just because bugs on the server you may play on don’t seem to be getting fixed, doesn’t mean issues on other gamemodes aren’t being looked into. In my opinion, if Dacon was lazy, Skyblock and Oasis would only have one realm each, Creative wouldn’t get revamped, Servers wouldn’t get new seasons/resets and there wouldn’t be any bug fixes at all, anywhere.

Players do not need to know everything that goes on in relation to bug fixes, if they did, then they’d be developers. Everything the players need to know can be found in the #updates channel in the community Discord, or found here on the forums here on the ‘Updates’ section of the forums: https://forums.manacube.com/updates/

Another minor thing:
Even if he comes on and says "hi" I'll be happy, at least he's here.
I don’t understand this at all - you want him to work on the bugs and get them resolved, but also want him to take time away from this to get more involved with the community? I personally don’t see how saying hello resolves the issues on Atlas, but hey, that’s just me.

Apologies for the very lengthy post - if you don’t know me, then I tend to write these often - especially to address complaints related to bugs/issues ... which I have done a lot in the past. Basically, to sum up my point, the argument that ‘Dacon does nothing’ is so far from the truth, just glancing at the updates page/channel shows that. Maybe the server you play on doesn’t get undivided attention, but basically saying “no other bugs should be resolved until all of the issues on the server I play on are resolved” is completely unfair. For the meantime, you can play on Aether until the bugs are fixed, no one is forcing players to stay on Atlas. It’s the exact same experience, minus the stats.

I appreciate you taking my advice to bring this to the forums, as personally I feel it’s a much less hostile environment and everyone can share their thoughts openly. Feel free to continue sharing your opinions here, as opposed to in-game; I do thoroughly enjoy reading players’ thoughts - I just happen to be sharing mines also, as well as a little bit of facts. <3

Have a nice day/night!

Ratings
While I understand and appreciate your concerns, I would just like to address this issue (again) - prepare for a novel.

As a player, and fellow member of the community, I do completely understand the frustration and concerns you and other Atlas players are expressing, however after being part of the community for several server releases / resets, I can wholeheartedly assure you that with time, the issues you are all worried about will be fixed - it just requires patience, and trust that they are being looked into.

I know it’s frustrating to be told this repeatedly by staff without any real update of progress, but the truth is, the players have no idea what really goes on behind the scenes - with 3 Admins / Devs plus Dakota working on constant issues across ~9 servers, plus the release of another server (Factions), of course it’s going to take a while for every single issue to be resolved.

Most, if not all of the issues/bugs that exist on the servers are not things that can be fixed at the snap of the developers’ fingers. These things do take a lot of time. When Olympus experienced it’s first ever reset, there were a tonne of bugs too - players threatened to quit, and also claimed that the entire network would fall apart, but here we are. In fact, the exact opposite of that prediction happened - Olympus became so popular, Dacon had to make a second Olympus realm just to fit all the players.

Truthfully, new servers are always the most vulnerable and bug-ridden, but it is due to their newness. Anything which is a brand new release is not 100% bug-free, with instantaneous fixes the minute they’re found and reported, and to expect that here is unrealistic, and unfair. Players like to claim that Dacon is ‘lazy’ constantly, with no real justification or proof other than “Bug fixes take ages on the server we play on" - but is he, or are players just impatient because they don’t know every single thing that goes on behind the scenes, as well as his personal life? - Just because bugs on the server you may play on don’t seem to be getting fixed, doesn’t mean issues on other gamemodes aren’t being looked into. In my opinion, if Dacon was lazy, Skyblock and Oasis would only have one realm each, Creative wouldn’t get revamped, Servers wouldn’t get new seasons/resets and there wouldn’t be any bug fixes at all, anywhere.

Players do not need to know everything that goes on in relation to bug fixes, if they did, then they’d be developers. Everything the players need to know can be found in the #updates channel in the community Discord, or found here on the forums here on the ‘Updates’ section of the forums: https://forums.manacube.com/updates/

Another minor thing:

I don’t understand this at all - you want him to work on the bugs and get them resolved, but also want him to take time away from this to get more involved with the community? I personally don’t see how saying hello resolves the issues on Atlas, but hey, that’s just me.

Apologies for the very lengthy post - if you don’t know me, then I tend to write these often - especially to address complaints related to bugs/issues ... which I have done a lot in the past. Basically, to sum up my point, the argument that ‘Dacon does nothing’ is so far from the truth, just glancing at the updates page/channel shows that. Maybe the server you play on doesn’t get undivided attention, but basically saying “no other bugs should be resolved until all of the issues on the server I play on are resolved” is completely unfair. For the meantime, you can play on Aether until the bugs are fixed, no one is forcing players to stay on Atlas. It’s the exact same experience, minus the stats.

I appreciate you taking my advice to bring this to the forums, as personally I feel it’s a much less hostile environment and everyone can share their thoughts openly. Feel free to continue sharing your opinions here, as opposed to in-game; I do thoroughly enjoy reading players’ thoughts - I just happen to be sharing mines also, as well as a little bit of facts. <3

Have a nice day/night!
Oh. My. God. Well there's not much I can combat that with can I. I made the post when I was really flustered, so it may come across as hostile, when it's really just a louder request. I get Dacon has other servers to work on, since, well, he's the owner and all. The one thing that bothered me is he released atlas, 2 weeks later, announces factions with full knowledge of the many bugs. Just weird to me, but I have no control now. (Also, when I wanted Dacon to say hi, I meant I wanted him to say anything to us as he hasn't really updated the atlas players. I would rather him actually update, but even if he just said hi to us, acknowledging that we exist, then I wouldve been satisfied.)

Wolflisteel

MVP+
WolfLiSteel
WolfLiSteel
MVP+
Ratings
6 1
I strongly agree that things/bugs needs to be fixed Asap. For new players like me, I was thinking of like "yea why not invest money on this new server" but after experiencing the bugs and glitches, it feels like its not even worth it to invest a lot considering its not even sure if the server will last.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I would rather him actually update, but even if he just said hi to us, acknowledging that we exist, then I wouldve been satisfied.)
But he does? There’s an Update channel in the community discord, and an entire section here on the forums that players can view at any time.

Just because he doesn’t come on to update you all personally, doesn’t mean he doesn’t make the effort to - you just have to meet him half way and actually check the channels or section of the forums if you’re so interested in the updates.
Post automatically merged:

it feels like its not even worth it to invest a lot considering its not even sure if the server will last.
I feel it may be a little late for that considering you have an MVP+ rank, but regardless of this; I can assure you, the server will not be going anywhere.

People said the exact same thing when Olympus first reset, before they were split in two... but here we are. Genuine concern for the server is great, but when it becomes fear mongering and spreading entirely untrue rumours that spring from nowhere is when it’s taken too far - (the rumour that the server wasn’t beta tested or was tested very little is a good example of this... I’ve got no idea where this came from, but I can assure you it wouldn’t have come from a member of staff, and players know nothing from a staffs perspective, so how can their judgement be more trustworthy than ours?).

Wolflisteel

MVP+
WolfLiSteel
WolfLiSteel
MVP+
Ratings
6 1
I feel it may be a little late for that considering you have an MVP+ rank, but regardless of this; I can assure you, the server will not be going anywhere.
Aw. You do know that the way your saying it sounds like your saying that I already wasted a huge amount to an unstable server. :( That made me more worried why I did invest or wasted already.