StateChampions

ELITE
StateChampions
StateChampions
ELITE
Ratings
75 1
Hello!

I was confused as to why //fixlighting is no longer available to players. It's an incredibly useful command and helps solve the world edit lighting bug that you guys have. The command does not stress the server, as even large selections will take time to update the light in the chunks, so (as far as I'm aware) it doesn't stress the server if you //fixlighting on a 2x2 plot for example. It was very helpful because we were able to get natural lighting in our builds without having to build the entire thing without world edit, and didn't just have to stay in /nv the entire time. And, if at night, the light glitches will persist and so light from glowstone or other light blocks may not be visible, meaning that there's no purpose to changing the time of day or adding light at all, since you just have to use /nv so you can't see the pesty light glitches.

TL/DR:
I'd like to suggest giving //fixlighting back to us, as it combats common light glitches and allows us to not have to constantly view plots with night vision, enhancing build quality with actual lighting.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Hey! To my knowledge, the //fixlighting has been added back as a perk for players with a C grade or higher, and also as a VIP perk.

It was updated on 27th March, as per the following announcement: https://i.imgur.com/XOILa2u.png

StateChampions

ELITE
StateChampions
StateChampions
ELITE
Ratings
75 1
Hey! To my knowledge, the //fixlighting has been added back as a perk for players with a C grade or higher, and also as a VIP perk.

It was updated on 27th March, as per the following announcement: https://i.imgur.com/XOILa2u.png
Yes! I do remember it being added, but in the last two or three days, those perms were suddenly removed. I should've attached a screenshot of it, so here's a link to it (you can see on the creative scoreboard that the date is today, October 16th): I am rank A so I should have the perms to it, but by the screenshot, I do not have it.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Ohh, I see! I think this is likely just an issue. I'll double check if it has been reported, and if not, I'll pass it on to the admins so it can hopefully be resolved. I do remember seeing you around with your A rank, so that definitely is odd.

Edit
: from what I can see, I think it has been temporarily disabled due to a potential game crashing bug. Hopefully this will be resolved ASAP, so the command can be returned!

Sorry for any inconvenience!

StateChampions

ELITE
StateChampions
StateChampions
ELITE
Ratings
75 1
Do you know if we could ask a staff member to fix it for us? That way there's at least some way of fixing the light on our plots.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
Do you know if we could ask a staff member to fix it for us? That way there's at least some way of fixing the light on our plots.
Unfortunately, I imagine the command will be disabled entirely with the exception of admins while it's being worked on. It *should* return at some point once it has been resolved, I just can't give an ETA for that at the moment.

You're welcome to ask a member of creative staff, likely a Mod or higher, but I can't guarantee they'll be able to.