Fly perk on earth for ranks

Do you agree, fly should be a rank perk on earth?

• Yes

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Only in claims (new)

Votes: 15 46.9%

• Total voters

almondemilk

ELITE
almondemilk
almondemilk
ELITE
Ratings
32 2
Hi !

On earth, when you buy a rank you don't have the perk of unlimited fly. This contrasts with realms like survival and skyblock, where the gameplay and economy are similar, in which you receive unlimited fly-time with the MVP+ rank.

We should have unlimited fly-time with the MVP+ rank, mimicking the other realms on the server. Not only is it the fair thing, considering other realms have the same, but it will make the soul/fly cookie market less competitive. At the moment, fly cookies sell for upwards of 4 million, making them completely inaccessible for non ranked/new players. We don't have the same 'spam-click' style pvp as survival, which makes getting heads for souls ridiculously harder. - Also, it's not even an option to buy fly in the store with cubits.

I don't have many more arguments and I'm not very well spoken so please add your own reasons below that I've forgotten about if you agree. If not, please let me know why :)

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
I like this idea, but I think that it would only have to work in claims, because unlimited fly time in the wild would be very unfair for hunting players for town quests and such, so MVP+ fly time would only have to be usable in claims or it'd be overpowered, especially considering keepinv is off in the wild, unlike survival and such

pkre

ELITE
Pharqoh
Pharqoh
ELITE
Ratings
A server should give its players good reasons to want to buy ranks and perks. Speaking from first-hand experience, I see people disappointed by the price to reward ratio of the upper-level ranks. MVP+ rank is essentially a useless rank other than the additional player vault that it gives you, I personally believe that giving fly to MVP+ or higher ranks would redeem MVP+ as a legitimate rank worth buying. The only reason I purchased elite is because I play the server far too much. I think it would be HIGHLY encouraging to newer players to support the server if fly was available on earth. I remember being reluctant to buy elite because of the lack of fly. If fly had been available to elites at the time, it would have been a true no brainer.

As for the logistics of how it would actually work, I agree with the previous post about when it should be available for use. I think fly in the wild should not be available at all. Being able to fly inside of your own town is harmless and would benefit everyone including people without MVP+ or ELITE ranks. This is due to Cookie prices. The people with millions of dollars are the upper ranks that play the server a lot and are able and willing to pay LARGE amounts of money for fly time. This essentially gatekeeps fly time from the newer players making it harder to progress in the game resulting in newer folks leaving.

If fly was a perk that is equally available to all such as it must be purchased from the store or bought with cubits, that would also be a viable option. If they are included in crates, then new players or F2P players may eventually be able to get them through other player's auctions or other means of trade. This wouldn't be as monetarily profitable for ManaCube, but it would also serve to solve an issue MANY earth players are pretty annoyed with at this point (lack of fly).

Adding fly perks for upper ranks is really a win-win scenario and I don't see any reasonable cause as to why it shouldn't be added. It would improve the ease of entry for newer people, keep the upper ranks feeling satisfied with their purchases, and certainly help support ManaCube in a monetary way. Earth is a relaxed laid-back server, many of us are highly creative when it comes to building in our towns and it would make it so much more enjoyable to be able to build on the server without having to grind for an hour just to receive a measly 5 minutes of flight time.

I don't really see how anyone could disagree on both the player and server side of things with not wanting fly in peaceful areas. If anyone wants to offer counter arguments, please do so I am open to input.

I speak for almost everyone on the Earth server when I say we all desperately want fly. It would be massively appreciated, and it certainly reignite some people to want to play the server again.

Last edited:

almondemilk

ELITE
almondemilk
almondemilk
ELITE
Ratings
32 2
I disagree with this. unlimited fly time would be way to op
If it's used as said above, only in claims, then people will only be able to use it to build with. It won't have any use in pvp.
Plus other servers seem to be doing well with it on an mvp+ basis ! It'll give an incentive for lower ranked players to buy up ranks, as well as too prestige to get cubits. + on top of that it'll make things like fly cookies and souls drop in value, which would make it easier for non ranked players / new players to get a start there :)

Always open to other ideas if you have any other reasons you don't think it would be a good idea !

xStephie

Forum Expert
PATRON+
xStephie
xStephie
Patron+
Ratings
371 19
I feel the cookies aren't that bad however the soul count needed for them could reduce making them easier to get. I feel that adding an unlimited fly perk removes one of the key features I enjoy about earth. If we were to lower the souls needed down to the 75 that is now required for survival I think that would greatly help. Remember you don't have to buy cookies as it is right now you can work and get them you self. Also grinding souls for money is a good source of income right now for new players ad you don't have to have special gear to do it.

pkre

ELITE
Pharqoh
Pharqoh
ELITE
Ratings
Mabye add a ''Only in claims'' option for the poll?
That is what the original claim was intending, we only need it in our plots.
Post automatically merged:

I feel the cookies aren't that bad however the soul count needed for them could reduce making them easier to get. I feel that adding an unlimited fly perk removes one of the key features I enjoy about earth. If we were to lower the souls needed down to the 75 that is now required for survival I think that would greatly help. Remember you don't have to buy cookies as it is right now you can work and get them you self. Also grinding souls for money is a good source of income right now for new players ad you don't have to have special gear to do it.
For me and alot of other people, its the most annoying and unenjoyable part of the game. The last thing you want when building and creating your town is to have to grind mobs for forever. You have to look at the marginal benefit versus the marginal cost. While I agree it is a way for newer players to make money, i think the benefits of adding fly for ranks outweighs this cost. Even if selling souls/mob heads is a great way of making money, if new players cant obtain fly cookies for cheaper prices then they are going to quit because of high building costs (measured in time).

I also understand that you could lower the prices of cookies, but I don't see this as solving the issue at all. This is because it still leaves the majority of server supporters and ranked players feeling that they are not getting their money's worth. I believe the server would greatly benefit from adding fly to ranks. I don't see how adding fly to ranks would harm or impair anyone's ability to play the game. To me and many others it would only increase quality of life.

It should additionally be stated that when I ran my own personal servers, I remember very specifically that towny has a built-in fly command for claims only. This is exactly what all who have voted positively on this post want. It would be incredibly simple to just enable town flight. I see this topic as an easily fixable, no brainer of an issue.

Last edited:

pkre

ELITE
Pharqoh
Pharqoh
ELITE
Ratings
I think for the poll, it should be noted that the option to vote for in claims only did not exist at the time of creation and therefore the "yes" votes should be counted in "in claims only" This is because the original intent of this poll was to request fly in claims only for building purposes.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
246 36
100% I was confused with the limited flytime despite buying elite when I first started Earth.

I definitely think that players with ranks should be able to fly. It can get so annoying to be building then just lose fly xd. That being said I also agree with fly being changed to only in claims. /fly with /speed 10 and SVA gear is so OP. While its good for getting kills its not fun for anyone else and with the access to /map as well they may as well just bring /tp back.

xStephie

Forum Expert
PATRON+
xStephie
xStephie
Patron+
Ratings
371 19
What do you mean claims (only trustedted plots or all town plots) not outposts (lots have builds in outpost and treat them like main areas)? Would suggest making it all town claim regardless of trust/outpost as it will be less confusing to understand. Also only other concern is the fact of people dropping out of the sky going out of claims. Don't want them taking fall damage.

Pinguinooo

Admin | Content Developer
Admin
Pinguinooo
Pinguinooo
Admin
Ratings
116 6
Also only other concern is the fact of people dropping out of the sky going out of claims
Don't worry, like on survival, it'll not cause fall damage

By claims I just mean your own town minus outposts (as they're not in your actual town)

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
246 36
Don't worry, like on survival, it'll not cause fall damage

By claims I just mean your own town minus outposts (as they're not in your actual town)
The only issue I can see with this is that peaceful towns use their outposts as other areas for the town. For example I get all of my town members to make their grinders at our outpost because we live across a few small islands and we dont have room to put our big grinders. Would we just have to use our fly cookies here?

ThatNorwegianVal

ELITE
ThatNorwegianVal
ThatNorwegianVal
ELITE
Ratings
How does reducing cookie price to 100 and adding this perk (fly in claims, no outposts) to MVP+ sound?
MVP+ is too expensive for lower income people. While i love the Idea of adding /fly to Higher Ranks i think we should also look at the issue of bottlenecking peoples wallets. While MVP i will say, $15 is already annoying having to pay, considering how expensive some of these Ranks can get. I understand the price and im not knocking prices. I just believe that ALL RANKS MVP and up should recieve fly.

I do agree with many others statements that lowering the cost of fly cookies to 75 or 100 souls can be alot better and will make the server further enjoyable. I will also agree that only allowing /fly in claims would be a Great benefit.

For those of us with a smaller allowance and the lack of ability to keep spending money on minecraft, myself being one since i have to pay Bills, Electricity, Airconditioning, Water, food, Car Bills, and alot more. having to spend $30 to get an In-game (Purchasable within game might i add) perk is OUTRAGEOUS. If the price was $10 to $15 for a rank that provided fly in claims, i am 100% sure that people would purchase MVP.

But also Admins and Mods and other Staff keep in mind. Most good games are $25 and up on Steam, what makes the ranks YOU Offer us on YOUR server worth the price of the rank? i mean its unlimited Fly, but it only helps for Building and movement. and i surely and some others dont want to spend $30 on a rank to be able to get the fly perk. i mean Playervaults are the MAIN eye catch of the server, the ability to be able to bring items wherever you go. but a chest or a Shulker can do the samething. Store Items.

So making a rank perk like /fly for MVP would be a Solid Choice for me and many others with the Inability to go burning $30 Dollars on a Game. and would help us remain active on a Pay to win server.

Short Statement, Make Fly-Cookies for out of claims worth 100, Make /fly a In-town-only perk for MVP and Up. and Disable the ability for people to be able to do damage to others while flying.

xStephie

Forum Expert
PATRON+
xStephie
xStephie
Patron+
Ratings
371 19
So while I see what you are saying the fly perk is mvp+and up on every realm and I believe should stay that way. If you pay or grind you can get vip with little cash. From there you can /prestige and get cubits. It is actually not that hard on earth to do this. I know it says patron beside my name but I have personally grinded 2 realms for ranks. It is work but not to hard. Hard to believe but one of the best players here on earth is f2p and has a 0 spent besides what I have boosted him. He had over 300 cubits at one time.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
So while I see what you are saying the fly perk is mvp+and up on every realm and I believe should stay that way. If you pay or grind you can get vip with little cash. From there you can /prestige and get cubits. It is actually not that hard on earth to do this. I know it says patron beside my name but I have personally grinded 2 realms for ranks. It is work but not to hard. Hard to believe but one of the best players here on earth is f2p and has a 0 spent besides what I have boosted him. He had over 300 cubits at one time.
Many top players are f2p, in fact, I'd say a majority of active players are f2p.

For a lot of people, they aren't able to get ranks with irl money, either because they are too young or cannot afford to use more money on a block game.

Even a lot of elites are f2p. Mana is intended to be p2w, but it's not for the reason given above.

As for what @ThatNorwegianVal said, it's not super p2w unless there'd be no other way to obtain fly or if it could be used in wild. THAT would be p2w. As for mvp+ being too high a rank for the proposal of this thread, it is to match up with other realms that have that rank perk, as I'm pretty sure all realms that have unlimited fly perks are mvp+. Also mvp+ needs more benefits because atm it's pretty bad other than the extra player Vault you get.

Just my 2 cents :)