For Future Resets

Cedis ♡

MVP
Cedis
Cedis
MVP
Ratings
49 5
The reset notification time is very small at the moment. It's great to have a reset but it's not great to spend a lot of money just to be informed it's wasted 1 week before the reset. In a hypothetical situation, if I 100 dollars 1 day before the reset notification hit, it would feel like I just got scammed. BUT, If I bought items 1 day before the notification hit, and it was lets say 3 weeks, that would give me plenty of time to trade those items in return for cubits or other items and not have it feel like I just got totally scammed.

Edit 3 weeks could be 2 weeks.. or just dont do it right after a massive store event (valentines day) .. do it when there are not holidays that legit just happened

Last edited:

QuantumLoops

MVP+
Looopiee
Looopiee
MVP+
Ratings
33 7
Yeah I would of liked if we have known the server was going to reset a month earlier but hey I'm just happy to be playing on a new Olympus server.

iFlame

ELITE
iFlame
iFlame
ELITE
Ratings
113 4
I think the reason behind having a sudden reset is to avoid the server dying out completely. If the notification was there a month before, people would start panicking and killing the economy early, which would leave the server pretty empty in the end, and eventually lose members that may not return.
In my opinion, Dacon should avoid having a reset right after an event in the future, though. That would be much more ideal.

MyMixtapeOnFire

Dedicated Member
ELITE
mymixtapeonfire
mymixtapeonfire
ELITE
Ratings
143 5
I agree with both sides, and I was actually thinking about this exact thing to myself earlier.
On one side you have a group of people upset that they spent money, time, and/or resources just to have a reset announced in a week.

On the other side you have the, in reality, majority. Inside that majority are people who immediately say "okay, reset is happening, everything is meaningless, valueless, and nothing is worth it since it's all disappearing". Ultimately killing the economy, playerbase, and overall enjoyment of the server for the next, in this case, month of playing.

It's kind of a lose-lose and this is a perfect example of "You can't please everyone".

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
Dacon should avoid having a reset right after an event in the future, though. That would be much more ideal.
We have no event planned for tomorrow. Saturday is totally for Olympus..

FadingGeneral

MVP+
FadingGeneral
FadingGeneral
MVP+
Ratings
We have no event planned for tomorrow. Saturday is totally for Olympus..
I believe they meant that Dacon decided to do the reset so close after the Cupid chest event, and it was unfair to those who got items from it that can't be transferred over since they didn't have enough time to make good use of them.

bca_

Dedicated Member
ELITE
bca_
bca_
ELITE
Ratings
108 6
I never joined Olympus before the reset, so I will be talking about survival. There are awards given to the richest, most efficient, most creative, and best looking parties (similar to the clans in Olympus). As a builder I definitely want a longer warning time before a reset so I can get that last big build finished before it happens. 3 weeks would be to much, but I feel like 1 wouldn’t be enough.

GamingLoot

Ratings
28 1
I do see the issue with not annoucing the reset but in my opinion I believe it adds more fun to the game as you never know when it will reset, but I do agree with you that we should be given more notice since some people spend money right before I reset and it is then wasted but since the server resets every year or so (at least on Olympus) you should have a good idea of around the time the server may have a reset.

Last edited: