1578777382687.png

1578777404242.png

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
The build is okay, the big issue with it is that it suffers from over-detailing. There's just so much artificial detail that it gets hard to look at, and it makes it seem much more unrealistic that it should. Jump variety felt fine, and I felt like the parkour was cruel at times with the lack of checkpoints after handfuls of tedious jumps or long segments, but I don't play expert maps so I don't know what the difficultly should be like anyway. But I did find myself getting lost a couple of times. Here are some examples:
2020-01-11_19.20.07.png

This sign points in the general direction of two slime-blocks. I didn't realize what the sign meant until I realized there was a third slime and I might be able to get to it(although I couldn't complete the jump for the life of me). It would be much clearer if it was pointing directly to the intended slime

2020-01-11_19.20.32.png

I couldn't figure this one out for awhile, and even then, this jump seems impossible or just really tedious

Tomburgers

PATRON+
Tomburgers
Tomburgers
ELITE
Ratings
The build is okay, the big issue with it is that it suffers from over-detailing. There's just so much artificial detail that it gets hard to look at, and it makes it seem much more unrealistic that it should. Jump variety felt fine, and I felt like the parkour was cruel at times with the lack of checkpoints after handfuls of tedious jumps or long segments, but I don't play expert maps so I don't know what the difficultly should be like anyway. But I did find myself getting lost a couple of times. Here are some examples:
View attachment 21987
This sign points in the general direction of two slime-blocks. I didn't realize what the sign meant until I realized there was a third slime and I might be able to get to it(although I couldn't complete the jump for the life of me). It would be much clearer if it was pointing directly to the intended slime

View attachment 21988
I couldn't figure this one out for awhile, and even then, this jump seems impossible or just really tedious
Thank you for your feedback, in the meantime I will go back and make the jumps more noticable and clear as to where to go. I'll go through and place signs where it may seem confusing and highlight clearly where to go.

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Tomburgers & IdkU,

I will be putting your map into Reviewing for the following reasons.
The theme is original, there are maps already with town/city themes, but none exactly like this. The build is good. It is detailed, and overall well built, I can tell you put a lot of effort into it, so well done!
The parkour has pretty good variety, you did create some original jumps which is good. The only thing I might mention is how you did seem to use quite a few ladders in areas, and had a few other slightly repetitive areas, however it was very minimal and not really an issue, just something I thought I'd mention.
I found the map very confusing at times. I found it quite easy to get lost, so it would be great if there could be a bit more direction and a clearer path throughout the map.
The difficulty is good for an expert, but with some of the more confusing jumps, it would be great if they could be explained a bit more in signs, to make it easier, and better suited to the difficulty.
I can send you screenshots of some of the areas I would like changed in particular if that makes it easier for you.
If you can make the path of the parkour a lot clearer, as well as adding a bit more explanation into the more complex jumps, as well as possibly changing up the repetitive areas a bit, I will happily consider accepting this map.
Once these changes have been made, message me in game, on the forums, or on discord - madi#5198 and I will retest your map.

Thanks!
- Madi

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Tomburgers & IdkU,

Now that these changes have been made, your map has been accepted as a Donator Expert.
Like I previously mentioned, the theme and build are good.
The parkour now has a bit more variety, as well as being a lot more clear, which is good.
The length and difficulty are good for an expert map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.