• Total voters

Acceptation

Dedicated Member
MVP
Acceptation
Acceptation
MVP
Ratings
I have never been a supporter of posts counting in forum games or even off topic for the matter. They just seem like sections that players are able to blatantly post farm for the whole purpose of gaining an extra post.

The only issue that I can see by implementing this so late is that player post counts are going to drop massively and I wouldn't be surprised if a few people got upset over it. However, I do think it is a much needed change so of course I'm for it.

Last edited:

frsz

Parkour Mod+ | Map Judge
PATRON+
frsz
frsz
Patron+
Ratings
265 7
Although it could massively change the posts counts of quite a few players, I think it may be good for everything to be more fair.

While I think the forums games can be and are fun, it really is just spam, and someone could easily get 200 posts in like 5 days through them. I think it just makes the leaderboards and posts count more fair for some prople who dont enjoy participating in forum games.

Redubbed

Forum Expert
VIP+
Redubbed
Redubbed
VIP+
Ratings
116 4
To me, forum games are basically a more drawn-out Didcord conversation with some sort of premise. Personally, I find some of them fun, however, I do my best to still make meaningful replies to them and as I have spent more time on the forum I have realized two things: many of the top posters are where they are for posting mostly low-effort replies to forum games and whenever I check my unreads, many of them are forum games I don’t really care about.
Maybe there could also be a way to filter them separately from other posts.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Although it could massively change the posts counts of quite a few players, I think it may be good for everything to be more fair.

While I think the forums games can be and are fun, it really is just spam, and someone could easily get 200 posts in like 5 days through them. I think it just makes the leaderboards and posts count more fair for some prople who dont enjoy participating in forum games.
I guess my counter point is that leaderboards aren't that serious. They're just about interaction on the forums and its only one leaderboard. I would be the one on top and it doesn't really matter to me. I do understand where you are coming from as it does take away from the spirit of the forums and how Internet forums generally work. You don't make repeated small one word posts and if you having something to add before the other person replies you just edit your original post.

IPenguinI

Forum Master
ELITE
IPenguinI
IPenguinI
ELITE
Ratings
502 57
I guess my counter point is that leaderboards aren't that serious. They're just about interaction on the forums and its only one leaderboard. I would be the one on top and it doesn't really matter to me. I do understand where you are coming from as it does take away from the spirit of the forums and how Internet forums generally work. You don't make repeated small one word posts and if you having something to add before the other person replies you just edit your original post.
ye but most the top "posters" spam post :/

its not that big of an issue but its annoying to see people with tons of posts, and then see them again constantly being the recent poster in LPW

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
ye but most the top "posters" spam post :/

its not that big of an issue but its annoying to see people with tons of posts, and then see them again constantly being the recent poster in LPW
I understand that but for this to be serious suggestion of substance there needs to be more behind it then "It is annoying"

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I have never been a supporters of posts counting in forum games or even off topic for the matter. They just seem like sections that players are able to blatantly post farm for the whole purpose of gaining an extra post.

The only issue that I can see by implementing this so late is that player post counts are going to drop massively and I wouldn't be surprised if a few people got upset over it. However, I do think it is a much needed change so of course I'm for it.
Part of the issue is the rules for a few specific games and players commitment to post in them constantly.

frsz

Parkour Mod+ | Map Judge
PATRON+
frsz
frsz
Patron+
Ratings
265 7
I get your point too. imo the leaderboards are something that people can strive for (even if its not too serious), but its just more difficult if spam posts are counted.

^ Although on the other hand, if you want to get on the leaderboards, a person could just participate in forum games too to up their count. But again, it hardly seems genuine, to me at least.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Although on the other hand, if you want to get on the leaderboards, a person could just participate in forum games too to up their count. But again, it hardly seems genuine, to me at least.
Forum games are not in the spirit of the forums, yeah. So if it were up to people what parts would not count?

Redubbed

Forum Expert
VIP+
Redubbed
Redubbed
VIP+
Ratings
116 4
Forum games are not in the spirit of the forums, yeah. So if it were up to people what parts would not count?
Maybe having two separate post counts. One that is all posts across the forum and one that is all posts minus forum games. Maybe also a separate leaderboard but idk.

Babalee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Babalee
Babalee
ELITE
Ratings
90 4
I accidentally voted for yes but I definitely think they shouldn't