Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
A perm mute ain't fair for my homie Rippo.
#FreeRippo
Actually, it's fair, he can appeal if he wants to be unmuted.

I know how people feel as when I've been perm muted / banned a few times before, I thought it was false but when I learned what i've done, it turns out to be fair.

BinLicker

Forum Master
ELITE
BinLicker
BinLicker
ELITE
Ratings
481 8
Actually, it's fair, he can appeal if he wants to be unmuted.

I know how people feel as when I've been perm muted / banned a few times before, I thought it was false but when I learned what i've done, it turns out to be fair.
There is a difference between deserving to be perma muted and using caps in shout

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
It’s also one thing to stop after several warnings and continuing after them. He can appeal or report me at any time.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I think earning of a punishment was fair, but I don't really see why some punishments, like caps in shouts, can be perm mute. I think things like caps in shout should be a constant of something like 2 hours or whatever regardless of the number of offenses. Caps are really just an eyesore to some and do no harm.
Example: You can not be taken to jail for not stopping at a stop sign, regardless of how many times you do it. You only get a fine. [follow for more legal advice (joke, dont do this)] but you can be taken to jail if you refuse to accept the violation and/or fight.
I see caps in shouts as not stopping at a stop sign. But if he had like, gone to discord and started screaming at staff, then I could see a longer punishment.

I know this is not how the rules are right now, but rules and resulting punishments can change and this is how I think I would do it.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I think it would be reasonable for shout abuse to have its own punishments, separate from global chat. A week of revoked shout privileges, for example- or losing them permanently.

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
It’s also one thing to stop after several warnings and continuing after them. He can appeal or report me at any time.
How? You have to add him and I bet he doesn't use the fourms.

Cursiver

VIP
Cursiver
Cursiver
VIP
Ratings
41 14
I seriously don't get it, Rippo was perm muted for using caps in shout, I didn't even know that was a rule! Also unlock rippo too, the only evidence staff have against him is that he has a lot of dropper completions

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Chat rules applies in shout too, he was warned serveral times before the mute. But rippp and I are on good terms so please drop this

Kaylin!

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Svechy
Svechy
MVP+
Ratings
61 9
Then why would you not unmute and/or unlock him?

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Then why would you not unmute and/or unlock him?
The locked process, albeit a shit one, is convoluted and they cant just decide on a whim to unlock him. The mute, however, I find that when staff ask to drop something they just don't want to own that they messed up and made a poor decision. Dropping it is just discouraging any form of discussion that could possibly lead to a breakthrough and maybe change the rules all together. I don't understand how you can carry over a chat warn and use it to justify a mute from a shout. Shouts and mutes should be separated.

Here's my over all opinion,
Caps is such a minor offense in chat and its literally an eye sore for a few seconds at most. It is not an action worthy of the punishment of a perm mute. I sense bias regarding the decision to perm mute him, and I do hope that Rippo doesn't stop fighting for his right to type.
It's also funny to say that people who use slurs get off easier than he does just because he has more minor mutes. Truly asinine

EvanTech

SrMod | Mentoring
Senior Mod
EvanTech
EvanTech
Senior Mod
Ratings
343 38
Guys, the rules system has been like this for ages and it's clear to folks close to a perm mute that the punishments increase in duration. If warnings were given and the player has been muted for the same reason in the past then it wasn't unexpected and they're free to appeal or report a wrongful punishment if they feel it's such.

If a punishment doesn't stack, some players may continue to break this rule over and over, expecting their punishment and not caring, however stacking the times discourages players from breaking the rules further and shows that breaking the rules is a serious matter. A community the size of Manacube needs proper chat moderation. While we'd prefer everyone to just not break the rules and not have to punish players, they do and that's an unrealistic system. With the size of the player base, rule breakers need to be shown that the rules are there for a reason or chat would just spiral out of control.

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
heres my suggestion even tho i dont know to much about it lol
i can see that rippo has had about 12 mute infractions over the years (coincidence during locked rank??) and it is hard to believe that infractions from a fair amount of time prior should carry any weight in the punishment process. how about a system that works sorta how demerit points in aus work. i would know i lost mine the other day! pretty much the demerit points u accumulate last exactly one year from when they were given and after that one year they would be subtracted. if you exceed the maximum allowable demerit points at any given time (12 in aus case) you loose your liscence for 3 months or go on a good behaviour bond for 12, the good behvaiouur bond allows you to drive but u cant make any mistakes or ull loose it for 6. clearly the time periods are for driving and have a certain context but in principle it is a sensible idea so that you dont completley disenfranchise players from the game with a major part of the gameplay being removed. you can loose ur liscne out right as well for very serious offences and after a certain amount of time u can go back onto a probationary liscence. so you can still have the stacking system but the punihsments need to have an expiry date so to speak. i do believe that rippo broke a chat rule and clearly some punishment needed to be dealt out if there had been a warning prior to his shout within a sensible time frame. i dont really think shout is a seperate issue like it is still part of chat. i think you guys are facing so much backlash due to the disproportionate nature of the punihsment versus the crime. i understand he has had previous infringements and they in turn generate bias against him but perhaps with this system i described, a much more impartial decsion can be made that players will understand. i lost my liscene for speeding 30 over the limit and normally it wouldnt be enough points to suspend my liscene but due to the accumulation of points i had had in the previous year i faced suspension, the same would make players accept the punishment as more fair. i do believe that the periods of time would need adjustment to make it fair.

Udun

Forum God
ELITE
Udun_
Udun_
ELITE
Ratings
887 35
Guys, the rules system has been like this for ages and it's clear to folks close to a perm mute that the punishments increase in duration. If warnings were given and the player has been muted for the same reason in the past then it wasn't unexpected and they're free to appeal or report a wrongful punishment if they feel it's such.

If a punishment doesn't stack, some players may continue to break this rule over and over, expecting their punishment and not caring, however stacking the times discourages players from breaking the rules further and shows that breaking the rules is a serious matter. A community the size of Manacube needs proper chat moderation. While we'd prefer everyone to just not break the rules and not have to punish players, they do and that's an unrealistic system. With the size of the player base, rule breakers need to be shown that the rules are there for a reason or chat would just spiral out of control.
I totally agree with this, I have been muted 5 times (oof) and every time they have increased in duration from half an hour, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, and finally 4 hours. I totally understand why even though it is kind of unfair that rippo was perm muted for caps in shout after many times. although I do think a perm mute may not have been totally necessary, maybe just have shouting privileges taken away.

BelenusHorror

Dedicated Member
ELITE
KingBelenus
KingBelenus
ELITE
Ratings
66 7
I totally agree with this, I have been muted 5 times (oof) and every time they have increased in duration from half an hour, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, and finally 4 hours. I totally understand why even though it is kind of unfair that rippo was perm muted for caps in shout after many times. although I do think a perm mute may not have been totally necessary, maybe just have shouting privileges taken away.
Coming from somebody who used to be a staff member on both a Minecraft and Discord server; there are reasons why staff decide to give out the punishments that they do. It's sometimes a long, thoughtful process settling what must be done in the way they and possibly other staff members think is best. It would be in Rippo's best interest to appeal on his own rather than having others try and do it for him. Also, if someone has repeated offences, then a permanent mute is fair, regardless of how long it has been since their last mute/ban/et cetera.

As well as, I'm going to assume there isn't a way to revoke shouting privileges (unless there is and I'm unaware of), hence why they couldn't do so, resulting in a permanent mute. For the time being, if Rippo happens to see this, they need to appeal for themselves and see what the staff decides to do then. In the meantime, I do feel bad for Rippo's permanent mute, but also as they have broken the rules in the past and haven't stopped doing so, it's only fair in my opinion.

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Coming from somebody who used to be a staff member on both a Minecraft and Discord server; there are reasons why staff decide to give out the punishments that they do. It's sometimes a long, thoughtful process settling what must be done in the way they and possibly other staff members think is best. It would be in Rippo's best interest to appeal on his own rather than having others try and do it for him. Also, if someone has repeated offences, then a permanent mute is fair, regardless of how long it has been since their last mute/ban/et cetera.

As well as, I'm going to assume there isn't a way to revoke shouting privileges (unless there is and I'm unaware of), hence why they couldn't do so, resulting in a permanent mute. For the time being, if Rippo happens to see this, they need to appeal for themselves and see what the staff decides to do then. In the meantime, I do feel bad for Rippo's permanent mute, but also as they have broken the rules in the past and haven't stopped doing so, it's only fair in my opinion.
There is a shout revoking punishment, it's called a shout ban. I completely disagree with your logic though. Think of his scenario in an IRL situation. Rippo jaywalked for the 12th time and he is now given life in prison. The crime doesn't fit the punishment.