Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
So, this has been happening since yesterday... and I am now having this issue again. I thought I fixed it, but apparently I didn't. Everytime I try to launch the game, it crashes and gives me "The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

The most logical thing was to do some research... so I took to google. Which is where I found I needed to allocate more RAM to my game. However, that only worked for yesterday. When I tried to allocate more RAM to my 1.13.2 launch, it crashed. So then I tried 1.12.2 which was what I was using yesterday and it didn't work either!

I'm not much of a technical person, I know nothing about computers or my specs... other than my laptop is trash. I always knew it wasn't best suited for running Minecraft, but u know... Just for context, this is all vanilla. No mods, no texture packs. I also do not use Optifine or Badlion Client anymore due to my LAG issues cuz my computer is so trash.

AND BEFORE U EVEN SUGGEST ME REPLACING THE COMPUTER, I WON'T. (So don't give me the whole DESKTOPS ARE BETTER THAN LAPTOPS cuz IDC. Plus I'm broke)

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
So, this has been happening since yesterday... and I am now having this issue again. I thought I fixed it, but apparently I didn't. Everytime I try to launch the game, it crashes and gives me "The game crashed whilst initializing game Error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

The most logical thing was to do some research... so I took to google. Which is where I found I needed to allocate more RAM to my game. However, that only worked for yesterday. When I tried to allocate more RAM to my 1.13.2 launch, it crashed. So then I tried 1.12.2 which was what I was using yesterday and it didn't work either!

I'm not much of a technical person, I know nothing about computers or my specs... other than my laptop is trash. I always knew it wasn't best suited for running Minecraft, but u know... Just for context, this is all vanilla. No mods, no texture packs. I also do not use Optifine or Badlion Client anymore due to my LAG issues cuz my computer is so trash.

AND BEFORE U EVEN SUGGEST ME REPLACING THE COMPUTER, I WON'T. (So don't give me the whole DESKTOPS ARE BETTER THAN LAPTOPS cuz IDC. Plus I'm broke)
Try reinstalling the game might help.

Educator

ELITE
Educator
Educator
ELITE
Ratings
I suggest you either check that your Java Is up to date and check if people are having similar issues with your current Java Build, or as @Surge said, reinstall the game, so it's returned basically back to factory settings.

Also- How much RAM do you have any How much are you allocating?

1n10

Donator
Ratings
15 5

This is terrible!! All players want to play! The best way in my opinion is reinstalling the game, go into your files and uninstall it off your pc, this might delete your texture packs so beware! Then head to minecraft.net and reinstall, this happened to me a few months back on my old laptop, redownloading it fixed it. Gl and I hope you fix it!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I suggest you either check that your Java Is up to date and check if people are having similar issues with your current Java Build, or as @Surge said, reinstall the game, so it's returned basically back to factory settings.

Also- How much RAM do you have any How much are you allocating?
I have like 7.85 gigs of RAM available and allocating 4 currently.

Educator

ELITE
Educator
Educator
ELITE
Ratings
I have like 7.85 gigs of RAM available and allocating 4 currently.
I suggest you lower it to Maybe even 3G, sometimes when you allocate more that 50% of your RAM to one dedicated program, it can cause system instability, Had this problem with my old Laptop too.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I suggest you lower it to Maybe even 3G, sometimes when you allocate more that 50% of your RAM to one dedicated program, it can cause system instability, Had this problem with my old Laptop too.
Okay.. because on the tutorials I found, it said to try and use three. I'm currently trying to transfer my folders to a new spot so I can start the re installation later bcuz I'm busy today...

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Okay, so I tried reinstalling Minecraft, but it still didn't work... not sure where to go from here. Perhaps I didn't uninstall it correctly? I used the setup wizard... (the one downloaded to ur PC when u first download MC)

Geshultz

Forum Master
ELITE
Geshultz
Geshultz
ELITE
Ratings
339 5
Okay, so I tried reinstalling Minecraft, but it still didn't work... not sure where to go from here. Perhaps I didn't uninstall it correctly? I used the setup wizard... (the one downloaded to ur PC when u first download MC)
Hi, Amboverted
Delete the folder press window key +r to get run up type in appdata go to roaming then delete .minecraft . Then redownload Minecraft

Geshultz

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hi, Amboverted
Delete the folder press window key +r to get run up type in appdata go to roaming then delete .minecraft . Then redownload Minecraft

Geshultz
OH okay that makes more sense. Thanks... I was just worried that doing all this would delete the copy I made and moved to my downloads folder. (screenshots, logs, etc)