Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, before going ahead I'd like to mention that I'm a Moderator not a Map Judge so this is just my personal opinion and I am not accepting or denying your parkour map as this is only my personal opinion.|

Parkour theme/detail: Hey there for your parkour theme, there's already a handful of themes that are similar to glass-type parkour or have mainly glass in the parkour so unfortunately your theme looks unoriginal, for the detail it doesn't really have much detail at all, it's practically just parkour jumps. For an expert map, this certainly doesn't have enough time put into it.

Parkour variety/difficulty: For your parkour difficulty it may meet the difficulty of an EXPERT map in some sections but it still doesn't really have the mass/structure of an INSANE map. Also, your map submission certainly doesn't have the length of an INSANE map. For your parkour variety, it's very basic, I recommend adding more interesting jumps like cactus jumps, flower pot jumps, anvil jumps, etc.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
Floating block parkour will not be accepted. Add a build of some sorts in which the parkour is attached to! Additionally, as ThePro mentioned, there is a lot of glass themed parkour. Try thinking of a more original theme to have a higher chance of your map being accepted.
good luck
-kxe :D

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey DryWry,

Unfortunately, I will be REJECTING this map submission.
  • Theme: A map themed after a MC block is not original anymore, it's been done more than enough times and, for one, it's a very poor theme. Since this is themed after glass, it's no different. It's just not original. I recommend that you look at our list of previously used maps/themes as to prevent such things: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit
  • Build: I see no build on this map. It's just floating glass parkour and that's it. No central focus or anything. It's just jumps. Parkour should never replace your build, it's meant to complement your build by adding a layer of enjoyability. You have to take this into consideration when building: build a central structure and integrate your parkour into it.
  • Parkour: You say the map is expert, but it's not in both length and difficulty. The map is about 40~ jumps (I counted, so it may be off by a few), which would place it in the easy/medium difficulty. But, it's too hard for those difficulties. It's more of a hard level map. So, what I'm telling you is that you have to pick a difficulty and fit its requirements or else you'll end up with this mess where it doesn't fit any difficulty. I felt that you repeated a couple of jumps but that's easily fixed and you did incorporate enough different jumps. Repeating blocks is just never great.
I hope you take these criticisms into consideration when submitting maps in the future, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.