Goodbye

Araghana

Ratings
21 2
This post is me saying goodbye to this forum. I have come to the realization that this is probably the best thing for me to do, and there are many reasons that I have come to this conclusion. I will list a few examples below. If making this thread gets me in trouble, fine, the only reason I am making it in the first place is to let the people that actually do care about me here why I am gone.

1: Biased Staff: I have been here for a year now. It seems to me that choosing who is staff and who is not is very messed up, I have absolutely no idea what kind of system it is because it does not make sense to me at all, the reason I say this is because I have applied three times over the course of this year that I have been around, The first time was accepted during just looking at logs and stuff it was denied, first time the reason was things about activit and knowledge. The only requirement I did not meet when I very first replied was the forum post count. However that did not mean I was not active on the forums and did not look at things and check things out. No, It simply meant usually someone else had posted a response that was needed already, so what good would it had been for me to make another post saying the same thing? And as far as the knowledge goes I know very much about the server due to experience and looking at the rules and guidelines, however if I did not know something, why is it a issue for me not knowing just a few things here and there. Is it not reasonable for me to just simply learn myself when that happens as staff so I can improve my help as staff? This made no sense to me.

2nd app: Same thing, even had all the forum posts this time, and had been doing everything that the tips the admin or whatever had given me in the first place, how can I do something that I am already doing? How does this make any sense?

3rd app: Same generic copy and post. I am active. I am mature. I have knowledge, but the one thing which was brought up by Aloro was that for the forum activity posts, games thread did not count towards this post and to him/her this showed lack of knowledge, but let me point out why this is completely wrong. In the rules and guidelines, it does not say ANYWHERE about what threads had to be responded to or not, it only told us the forum count we needed. How is this my fault exactly?

So, that is that reason, now here is another thing that I have noticed about the people who get staff. And I have seen this happened more than once. So ok, I am very active in the game, and people see me around every single day. Yet, I am denied for "activity" and then I have seen people come into olympus with a staff title, and I have never seen them before at all in my entire year of being here. Where the hell did they come from?

Second Reason: Unfair warning punishments. In my opinion the three warnings that I have are pretty unfair to be honest. First warning was done by slime. I was in a rough spot, yes, I was simply telling my friends about a situation that was going on, because my friends wanted to support me, and I was in no way harming anyone else by simply talking to my friends, how am I doing something wrong simply by speaking to my friends that support me? I was not harming anyone else at all, and if maybe someone did not like what they saw and lash out or whatever else, again, how is that my fault? I'm not forcing you to listen to, I am not speaking to you, so what is the issue? Why was I told to stop and then warned? Especially since this was on a day where we were having bot spam issues and the chat was very active and was almost impossible to keep up with everything said.
Second warning: _3g_ did this one. Me, myself, and bearhugs was just playing around. However those two got kind of vulgar, talking about well some certain things that I will not repeat with, however I messed along in a different way, I did not say a word that could be considered dirty unless someone has a dirty mine to begin with. Third: Hallowqueen did this one. The other day someone attacked me and asked if I felt good/better now that I got to hurt someone.. This bothered me greatly because I had done no such thing to anyone, and so I stood up for myself and asked them why they said that and how dare they, what gave them that right? Because I was very confused and wanting to know if I had done something that thought was wrong and I wanted to either explain myself or apologize if it came off the wrong way. Then another person called me a "special snowflake" simply for asking what was going on. So then I asked that person what was the need for that. Well Hallowqueen said to drop it. However I did not start anything at all. So isn't it more reasonable for them to be told to drop it when all I was doing was trying to find out why it happened because there was no reason, yet low and behold, I am the one warned. This is beyond unfair and madness.

Third reason: Glitches, and I mean very game breaking glitches. In season one, I lost about 4 sellwands due to a glitch where if you moved the item in your inventory somewhere else, or even placed it in a chest, it would disappear for absolutely no reason that I can figure out. It also happened to a few of my picks last season. At that point in time I was told that there was nothing that could be done about it. Now, season 2, this issue is STILL not resolved. I have lost 3 very high enchanted shovels. and three very valuable picks. One pick was replaced recently, only for just a bit earlier today to have the same damned glitch happen again out of the blue. This is a severe issue, and I doubt that the staff want to refund this again and "waste their time" and it is also exhausting to me to have to keep making tickets for this and staff having an entire year to figure out this issue and haven't.

Fourth reason: Things are becoming severely toxic. This week alone I have been attacked and targetted atleast five times with no reason behind. From someone calling me a retarded bitch, to shut up, simply for asking "what' when I misheard them or was wanting clarity. So I let them know that this is what causes me to feel suicidal and bad, and also let people know I had to just step out because I was crying, this was NOT attention seeking, this was my way of saying to the people that do care about me and hopefully to the attacker that might not realize the damage they are doing to please stop.
After that one of the persons friends said that the person was quitting/leaving, and I simply said "Good" and this was not in a violent or hateful manner, it simply meant they were being very damaging and it was for the best they not cause more upset. So their friend decides to tell me not to be celebrating because the person was going to kill themselves because of me.
Next: I had someone asked me if I felt better now that I had hurt someone else and this is also about the warning that I mentioned above, so simply read that to know what happeneed here.
Next: Earlier today I was talking to a friend about an IQ test I had, I was just sharing it with my friend because I thought it was interesting for me to have such a high score, is that not what friends are for? Sharing information, having support, ect? I scored rather high and I was attacking by about 3-5 people with people saying that since I was "bragging" about it in a game, that it showed that I was actually stupid. Then someone asked for the link, however this test was taken at a psychtriast and counseling appointment, so I did not have the link or whatever program it was that used or whatever. And someone says "They just scored you high because they want you to feel better about yourself because you are actually stupid." A few other things like this was said as well, but you get the picture.

So in summary, I am sick of it. There is just way too much damaging issues here on this server for me. This was supposed to be fun, make friends, have fun, used as a coping technique for mental illness to help deal with how bad of shape I am in mentally, but I am starting to hate the server because there is just so much wrong with it. Yes, I like my friends, I care greatly for them that I have on here. And yes, the game itself is fun, but the issue is overriding the good here. I am sick of crying pretty much every day over this shit. I do not deserve it at all, and I am not going to put up with this bullshit anymore. I'm done.

I will stick around for a little longer just to make sure I say goodbye to all the people who do care about me and make sure to get their discord contact information so we can remain friends, but that is the only reason I will be staying for a while. Probably will quit on June. I have given up the giveaway as well because what is the point anymore. I have lost my care for this. Enough is enough.

If you think this is attention seeking or whatever, Fine, I do not really care. I know myself that it s not attention and simply informing people what has happened. I just want it to end, that is all. I do not want your sympathy and crap, I just want the people I love to undersand and that is it. So if this gets me in trouble, whatever. It will just be another stupid punishment for expressing myself like humans do. I give up.

Ratings
Well I don't really know you but it's sad to see another member of the server leave.

Yes I am new to the server but making an application doesn't guarantee 100% that you will get position but it varies the amount of time you have to wait until it gets accepted. I made an application in another server in which it got accepted after 2 years even though I was active, mature, met every requirements, etc so sometimes you gotta have some more patience, hope and keep on doing whatever you're doing.

Anyways good luck in life <3

prettyyodd

ELITE
prettyyodd
prettyyodd
ELITE
Ratings
93 3
I will truly miss you araghana, We barely met each other a few months ago but you've been a great friend to have around. I really hope everything going on in your life gets better and, If you ever do decide to play on the server.. hit me up. :.)
Anyways, You have my discord, message me whenever you need to, I'm always open.

MUCH LOVE <3

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
Awww man, I had heard great things about you Araghana. Sad to see you go but glad to know that it'll help you... good luck!!!

Araghana

Ratings
21 2
Awww man, I had heard great things about you Araghana. Sad to see you go but glad to know that it'll help you... good luck!!!
Really? You heard good things about me? I wish I could believe that, but with the way several people have treated me here and the stuff that I posted here makes me doubt that there is anything great said about me. Who said this and what did they say, because I am completely oblivious to it.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
I’m sorry to see that you’re leaving, however some of your reasons, I’d just like to bring up one or two things here.

If you feel you’ve been unfairly warned, and that a member of staff is abusing their power, feel free to report them. However, what you described in all three warnings, and from having experience having to warn you in-game, I’d say they’re fair.

I plan on hopefully speaking to you privately about some things, however this is something I think all players should be wary of. Good luck in the future, with whatever you move on to next.

Aloro

Forum Master
ELITE
aloro
aloro
ELITE
Ratings
529 26
I just want to comment a little bit on the application process. Yes your messages was ‘pre wrote out’ but that is to save Lily and I time. We volunteer and don’t want to be writing full length messages everytime. However they are still personalised to the applicant.

Just because you feel like you meet the requirements, does not mean you meet them enough. Also you could have come to any member of the helper management team at any time. (Myself, Disillusioning and SunsetMagic)

gapplegal

SrMod | Wiki Manager
Senior Mod
gapplegal
gapplegal
Senior Mod
Ratings
298 11
Really? You heard good things about me? I wish I could believe that, but with the way several people have treated me here and the stuff that I posted here makes me doubt that there is anything great said about me. Who said this and what did they say, because I am completely oblivious to it.
Yes of course I've heard good things about you. I also remember when I heavily played oly, you word always be on. You may doubt it but its true. I don't remember who or what they said ngl but I remember them saying good things.

Araghana

Ratings
21 2
Again, Staff not paying attention to the shit I just said and making sense. I don't give a fuck anymore to be honest, and Hallow there is simply know need to talk to me privately anymore. There just isn't. I'm done, it will do no good at this point, I have had enough and I am not putting up with it anymore. I clearly do not belong here.

Calari

Dedicated Member
MVP+
Calari
Calari
MVP+
Ratings
150 7
Hello.
I never met you and I wasn't involved in anything you talk about.
You say yourself " I do not want your sympathy and crap, ...", so I won't try.
The only think, I want to let you know is:
If you really want to get away from a toxic environment, harming you to the point of suicidal thoughts,
you're making the right call by removing yourself from it.
Clean cut, deep breath, move on.
(I recently deleted League of Legends. So I know a different version of stupid and toxic.)
I wish you good recovery, however you achieve it,
Calari

P.S.: I'm usually a more warm and caring person, but it did not seem accurate here.

Araghana

Ratings
21 2
I’m sorry to see that you’re leaving, however some of your reasons, I’d just like to bring up one or two things here.

If you feel you’ve been unfairly warned, and that a member of staff is abusing their power, feel free to report them. However, what you described in all three warnings, and from having experience having to warn you in-game, I’d say they’re fair.

I plan on hopefully speaking to you privately about some things, however this is something I think all players should be wary of. Good luck in the future, with whatever you move on to next.
Not sure what you need to talk about privately. Can't figure it out, but well, you know how to find me on discord or use the forum site to mail me

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Although I haven't played Olympus much, you seemed to be a good active player and I'm sorry to see you go. I'm sorry that you so frequently had negative experiences with staff volunteers and other strangers. Good luck wherever you go from here.

Ratings
Aww im really sorry you've been having these negative experiences Nat, it sounds really hard :(. I'm always here if you want to talk, and I hope everything in life gets better for you soon.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hey girl! I'm so sad to see you go, I really hope you reconsider. You've been an active player since I joined in Olympus Season One, I'd hate to never see your name in chat again. We didn't talk much but yet you were just a STABLE player that I expected to see on when I logged on. Olympus has lost a few strong and recognizable players from season one and I'd hate to see you join that list. I hope while you are saying your goodbyes as you stated that you will at lest enjoy that period of time within the community.

I am happy to know that you are making choices for your personal health, someone's we forget that mental health is just as important and physical health. Thank you for taking care of yourself. I hope you get to feeling stronger and better. Don't forget to take time for yourself and relax, drink some water, and just remember that you are in control and you can do whatever you need to succeed in your mental health journey.

It honestly makes me sad to know that you feel unsafe or unprotected in the in game chat setting. We try to watch the chat the best we can but I'm sure we can all admit there are times when there are no staff on... or the staff on are distracted or preoccupied. I agree that chat can be toxic at times due to the mixing of personalities that don't always get along. With all of this said you were and always will be welcome to message me if you have ANYTHING you'd like to or need to talk about. I care about you and many of the players on Mana cube and hate to see ya'll upset. I'm here if you need me, don't be a stranger.