Not open for further replies.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Gravestone | Medium | Built by Tasses | /plot v Tasses 2 | 45 jumps | 4 checkpoints
2020-01-20_18.21.48.png

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Tasses that's amazing, the build is really good and detailed, it fits the medium difficulty, and the course is really fun and varied! The theme is kinda orginaal. Overall, I really like it! +1

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
+0.5

While I always enjoy looking at parkour maps I'm gonna give you a +0.5 for the following reasons:

1. Your theme is semi-unoriginal as there are currently 91 maps that fall under the "Objects" classification of parkour maps. You can view them on the Parkour List, Yet out of the 91 Object maps there is only 1 that relates to gravestones/death/etc ( "Taxidermy" ) so there's the originality. Good job on that end!
  2. Your parkour seems very confusing when it comes to the color pallet, The gray and blues look great together but the clashing color of the brown from the stick makes it look like a mess? I couldn't tell this was a gravestone if I didn't know that was the title of the parkour. Unless this was a gravestone from like a video game, I would say to use more color theory in your builds especially when dealing with something realistic! Even using more muted colors could make this look fantastic.

Here are some images of color wheels with color and grey to help.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Thank you for detailed feedback! You mentioned some things I didn't even think of. However, I don't think this map being an "object" is really relevant. The fact that there are 91 object maps is proof itself that the category doesn't really matter, if you can't have two toaster maps!

I'll consider trying a more muted brown for the wood, but what other block would you suggest I use? The only brown block that I didn't use is brown wool, which has all the wrong texture and is even more saturated than the clay. And I don't think noteblocks or planks would fit either, haha! Remember I only have 1.8 blocks.

Thanks!

Tenshi

Forum Legend
VIP+
Ratings
949 86
Thank you for detailed feedback! You mentioned some things I didn't even think of. However, I don't think this map being an "object" is really relevant. The fact that there are 91 object maps is proof itself that the category doesn't really matter, if you can't have two toaster maps!

I'll consider trying a more muted brown for the wood, but what other block would you suggest I use? The only brown block that I didn't use is brown wool, which has all the wrong texture and is even more saturated than the clay. And I don't think noteblocks or planks would fit either, haha! Remember I only have 1.8 blocks.

Thanks!
Ah okay I didnt realize you only had 1.8 blocks. Maybe using normal, grey, light grey or black terracotta would help dull it down ( I know they have muted colors )

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Tasses,

I'm happy to tell you, your map has been Accepted!
The theme is original, and the build is good. It's accurate to the theme, and overall well built.
The parkour is well varied. You used a great variety of blocks and items, creating original and enjoyable jumps. You also implemented the parkour into the build well, with little to no floating jumps, which is really good.
The length and difficulty are suited well to a medium map.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.