[Guide] How to install modifications to your Minecraft client!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
71 6
Suggested by @Superburrito_132

Today I will be writing a guide on how to put modifications on your Minecraft client. Please do not install any modifications that is against the Minevast rules.

1. Forge and Installing Forge

Forge is a modding API to make installing modifications WAY more easier than it has to be. Most mods are forge compatible and some you can install without forge but the process is more complicated and I won't be explaining it in this guide.

So you now that you know what Forge is. Time for you to install it on your Minecraft client. You can find the official Minecraft Forge right here.

As of writing this guide Forge is compatible with 1.8 but I use 1.7.10. If you clicked on the website I have provided you should see this.

Download 1.7.10 or 1.8 Forge. Click the installer button and you should be directed a ad.fly page. You wait 5 seconds and click Skip AD and it should directly download Minecraft Forge

When you run the Jar file you should have this.

I shall explain each selection
  • Install Client means that it installs all of its files on your .minecraft and creates a Forge profile for you on the launcher
  • Install Servers means that it installs all its files to run a Minecraft Forge server.
  • Extract means extracting the files
You want to click on Install client and click ok. Keep in mind that you need to run the version you are installing at least once.

It should automatically make a forge profile on the launcher. You have to at least run Forge once when installing a mod.
2. Looking For Your Mod
Make sure that your mod is compatible with the version you installed Forge or it will crash.

Today we are doing the Lucky Block mod

You want to go to the mod website and download it. They will go to a ad.fly website and either go to Dropbox or Mediafire

Press the home screen and type in the bar %appdata%

Should look like this

Click on .minecraft and click on your mods folder. If you do not have one create a folder and name it mods

Drag your mod into your mods folder and close out of your .minecraft folder

Run the forge profile and enjoy!

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Thanks a lot! Now I know how to install mods! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.