[Guide] How to protect yourself from being hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
71 6
This is a guide on how to protect yourself from being hacked.

Perform required software updates for your operating system and web browser.

Hackers find weaknesses into your operating systems. If there is any required software that is needed.. Install it! It might save your computer someday.

Install a firewall on your computer.

Firewalls protect your computer prevents hackers and viruses from hacking your computer via internet. It is HIGHLY recommended that you have some sort of firewall on your computer.

Make sure you have a strong password

You should always have a password that has a combination of capital letters and numbers. Make sure it is something that nobody will ever know.

Purchase Anti Virus software

We all know that we should do this. But I highly recommend Avast. Always saves my computer from harmful malware.

Delete suspicious emails

Never click on a link that looks suspicious.

Two-factor authentication

Services like Facebook, Twitter and Google's Gmail offer a feature known as two-factor authentication, which works with your smartphone to add an extra layer of security when you're logging in.

Use Security Questions

Nowadays, services such as email websites like Gmail. Want you to use security questions, it isn't bad or anything but I like having my private stuff completely on lock down.

Password protect your phone

This should be the first thing you do with a smartphone, tablet, or computer. Your computing devices are just giant bags of personal information. If any of them get stolen, why make it easier for the culprits to steal your identity? Plus, you’re not just saving yourself grief, but all of your contacts. Gathering email addresses is the first step in hacking into a person’s accounts.

Back your stuff up!

In case you lose any data, you always want a back up. Like Minecraft servers. :D

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Great guide! I will remember some of these things as I am surfing the web on my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.