[Guide] Your Guide to Factions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael_

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
71 6
This following guide is to help you understand on how to be good at Factions and what is it and explains the basics of it.

Before I dive into the whole how to be a amazing PvPer. Let's just see what is Factions? Factions is a gamemode developed by the server MassiveCraft. It is extremely popular and almost every Faction server has this plugin.

For a full list of commands please do /f help

The Basics:
The main goal to Factions is to be the top growing faction on the server. If you want to create your own Faction please do the command /f create {YourFactionName}. Now that you have done this command you also want to do /f desc {YourDescription}. What /f desc is that it sets your description to whatever you feel like, so when you claim a land and you leave for the wilderness and come back to your base. It should read EXAMPLE ~ I luv cookies

Open and Closed:
You are allowed to set your faction to open or closed.

OPEN ~ Meaning that anyone can join your faction.
CLOSED ~ The person would have to be invited to your faction in order to join.

I would highly recommend if your faction was closed because nobody wants random people joining your faction.

It's highly recommended that you have a faction with players rather than playing solo.

Inviting your players:
You are allowed to invite players to your faction using this command.

/f invite {Username}
However, if you invited the wrong person to your faction you can do /f deinvite {Username}

Custom Titles:
To set custom titles for the players in your faction /f title {Username} {Title}. Titles are like nicknames for your faction.

Disbanding your Faction, Leaving your faction, Joining other factions, and kicking players:

If your faction is failing or unsuccessful, then do /f disband

Want to leave your faction?, then do /f leave

If you don't like your faction and want to join a faction, then do /f join {Faction}

One of your players being disrespectful?, do /f kick {Username}

Claiming:

If you claim any land that means that nobody else can build, place, or mine in anywhere you claimed.
Typing /f claim will claim the chunk you are standing in for your faction. Each claimed land is a 16x16 chunk extending from the bedrock to the sky. As you should know, allies, neutrals, and faction-less people are unable to hurt you while you are standing in your territory. I will explain those terms to you in the near future. Do /f autoclaim to claim all the chunks you are walking on. This is not recommended, because you may lose track of what you are claiming.

Power:
In Factions, power determines the strength of yourself and your faction. Land requires power. Every piece of land, or every chunk, takes up one power. Every person has a maximum of 10 power, so a single person can have 10 chunks/piece of land. For every new player in a faction, the faction will increase its maximum power by 10. A 4-people faction has 40 maximum power, and 40 maximum chunks of land. You start at 0 power. I recommend staying away from PvP on your first couple days, as it is a good chance to gather resources as your power slowly regenerates to a higher sum. By default, you gain 1 power every 5 minutes.

I will write more soon. I feel like this is enough for now

Superburrito_132

Forum Expert
Donator
Ratings
Thanks so much for this guide! This will really help me out when in factions! I'm kind of a nub at it xD

Status
Not open for further replies.