Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hey there :)
Like with most things in life, practice makes perfect. A lot of people struggle with parkour when they start! I always tell people that parkour is a test of patience and persistence. If you feel like you're going to rage, sometimes it's best to step away from the computer and take a break for a while so you can get back into a good head space. I never parkour well when I'm upset!

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
No one was born perfectly good at parkour. Even I who has played on Manacube for 3 months, struggle on medium maps! When I first joined I struggled a LOT on the easiest maps like Cake. But practice makes perfect. You will never get better if you never try and try and try and learn. Try to keep a positive mindset while playing Parkour, instead of raging after you fail. Think that ''Oh everyone fails sometimes, I'll just try again!" instead of "NONONO I FAILED IJADSKNBHVGUFJKS I WILL GIVE UP" You should always try your best, and you will succeed and improve! Good luck!

Daanothy

PATRON
Daannnnnnn
Daannnnnnn
ELITE
Ratings
14 2
Parkour is so hard, make it easier.
Try to start with easy maps, most easy maps are easy, and if you cant do a jump, dont give up, try other maps and come back to it later, you can always use speed 2 if you cant make jumps.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
The best way to get better in parkour is to just play it a lot, this will get you comfortable with your controls and timing which will help you do harder jumps. Another thing is to learn how the physics works, as it makes it easier to understand what happens. You should try to learn some basic easy strats and timings that will be very useful. Make sure to get your knowledge from good sources. DO NOT LISTEN TO DREAM'S VIDEO ON THE LONGEST JUMP IN MINECRAFT. I cannot stress this enough. Learn from experts who actually do professional parkour and know what they're talking about. Getting misled is the worst way to embark on your parkour journey, sorry to be a bit ranty, but misinformation is the single biggest threat out there to our community. Too many times have big youtubers who have no idea what they're talking about tried to talk about parkour mechanics, and 90% of the time they just spread false information.

Parkour is very much a mental test. Due to it being partially luck based, it can get very hard, and you'll find yourself stuck on levels foe long periods, even hours, possibly. It is important to keep a good mindset and not to burn yourself out. Don't attempt anything that's too hard for you, a challenge is good, but don't overpush yourself. When you first join the world of parkour, the pros may seem daunting, doing insane jumps that you have no clue how they work. Do not worry. You will eventually pick it up. The best way to learn is to ask a pro about it. Since the community is small, info is limited, so word of mouth is the best way to learn. I recommend joining parkour discord servers, that's the best way to get comfortable.

Good luck!