Hello!

Ratings
Hello everyone!

I'm Taon2, a 19 year old Software Engineering major. I've decided to check out Manacube in search of a new development job, as I'm soon leaving the current network I've worked at for 4 years. Won't mention the network in case it's seen as advertising, don't want that lol. Thought an introduction might be worthwhile!

As I said, I'm a Software Engineering major with experience in Java, Python, SQL, Bukkit/Spigot/Bungee, and dabbles of other languages. I've worked as a lead developer of a FIRST Robotics team a few years ago. At the network I'm leaving, I've worked as a staff member for 4 years, but as a head developer for 2 years. Outside of my development life, I enjoy several games such as World of Warcraft, Factorio, and Among Us (as does everyone). Other interesting things would be my taste in music, lately been very into Autoheart (Lent is my favorite song from them) and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (it's all good).

Hope things go well for me here, and hope I get accepted into a development position! Would be a great pleasure to be working with the network.
Any questions are welcome :)

Last edited:

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Heyo Taon!
Glad to see you chose Manacue as your next community!
Computer sciences are so interesting! I tried learning python for a while but eventually gave up. I wasn't too bad, I was able to make Tetris and snake, simple games I know, but I was proud! I'm currently studying CAD plastics engineering, so it's not too distant of a subject.
I know I for sure would love to have more developer team members in the community. You can find the position offerings and whatnot here https://manalabs.io/
Manalabs is the parent company of ManaCube and its brother servers.
I personally would recommend that you get more involved in the community before applying. I think it would just be cooler, but I don't think it's a requirement.
What are some of the cool things you've made? Minecraft related or not. At one competition that my robotics team went to, the goal was to create a frisbee thrower/catcher. Have you done anything like that?

Ratings
Heyo Taon!
Glad to see you chose Manacue as your next community!
Computer sciences are so interesting! I tried learning python for a while but eventually gave up. I wasn't too bad, I was able to make Tetris and snake, simple games I know, but I was proud! I'm currently studying CAD plastics engineering, so it's not too distant of a subject.
I know I for sure would love to have more developer team members in the community. You can find the position offerings and whatnot here https://manalabs.io/
Manalabs is the parent company of ManaCube and its brother servers.
I personally would recommend that you get more involved in the community before applying. I think it would just be cooler, but I don't think it's a requirement.
What are some of the cool things you've made? Minecraft related or not. At one competition that my robotics team went to, the goal was to create a frisbee thrower/catcher. Have you done anything like that?
I've already applied through the manalabs job email, so just waiting for a (hopeful) reply now.

As for things I've done, I've created a great Custom Items plugin, Auction House plugin, and Missions plugin, all from scratch. I've maintained a wide variety of plugins, from Factions, KitPvP, Skyblock, Prisons, etc. That's what being a head dev does to you I guess! As for robotics, I mainly focused on PID to control motor backdrive for an arm-style mechanism, as well as tackling color vision tracking. Didn't get too far with the second thing before I graduated, but it was useful for the team after I left. I also was the "fine-tuning" man, so I made sure the mechanisms worked exactly as intended after the main framework was there.

I plan on checking around the community a bit more, I keep up with discord here and there already. Seems like quite a nice network and it's why I've chosen to apply here.

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
956 435
Hello everyone!

I'm Taon2, a 19 year old Software Engineering major. I've decided to check out Manacube in search of a new development job, as I'm soon leaving the current network I've worked at for 4 years. Won't mention the network in case it's seen as advertising, don't want that lol. Thought an introduction might be worthwhile!

As I said, I'm a Software Engineering major with experience in Java, Python, SQL, Bukkit/Spigot/Bungee, and dabbles of other languages. I've worked as a lead developer of a FIRST Robotics team a few years ago. At the network I'm leaving, I've worked as a staff member for 4 years, but as a head developer for 2 years. Outside of my development life, I enjoy several games such as World of Warcraft, Factorio, and Among Us (as does everyone). Other interesting things would be my taste in music, lately been very into Autoheart (Lent is my favorite song from them) and King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard (it's all good).

Hope things go well for me here, and hope I get accepted into a development position! Would be a great pleasure to be working with the network.
Any questions are welcome :)

Welcome to the ManaCube community, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

If you have any questions about mana, I may know, I may not know, You can dm me on discord Noah!#4260 if you have any questions.

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
Hey there Taon2, welcome to Manacube, what server do you play on the most? I hope you enjoy your time playing here, and I hope you'll get accepted as a developer!! Good luck <3

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
We need some more devs! Welcome to the server bro!