Hoppers

Why exactly cant we craft hoppers? I realize we can buy them, but for a auto-smelter build I was planning I would need to spend upward of 400k just to get the hoppers. My thinking was that if anything hoppers should be encouraged to try to reduce the item lag on the server. I'm sure the big guys with lots of money don't really mind it, but with me being poor having only around 150K That would destroy all of my money that I have. Just putting this out there to try to find why it we be blocked from crafting.

Yorgito

MVP
Yorgito
Yorgito
MVP
Ratings
13 1
It's actually quite the opposite if you'd believe it. With the fact that iron is so easily harvested at /warp dirtig and wood is literally free, infinite hopper usage without some kind of restriction would have a negative impact on the server. Think about it like this and let me know if this makes sense;
  • An item is created/spawned/dropped above or around the hopper.
  • Item then falls into the hopper
  • Hopper checks what it's connected to
  • If chest, check if there is enough space
  • Space = Yes next check if item is stack able within the chest
  • Stack able = yes then stack, if no make a new space or stop if no space
  • If hopper, check like chest.
I know that was a little confusing but I'm a programmer so that's the best way to dumb it down. So if hoppers are in a giant series like item sorters, mob farms, ect. Though 15k is a lot in the beginning, I know what you mean, just cool off with the hopper builds untill you hit like 1mill.