How did you find the music you listen to now?

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Hey everyone, today, and forever, I will be wondering how you found the music you listen to now!

I listen to riddim, so my history is pretty long. Let's go!
About three years ago, I was listening to the radio and Promise Me popped up. I loved, and I mean LOVED the chorus. You could actually call it a drop, because of how electronic it was.
So I got into Electro, with the help of Geometry Dash about half a year later. In the beginning of 2020 when Corona wasn't around, I began listening to music with Amazon Music.
I was introduced to Sellout by Marshmello, Ernstig by Spag Heddy, then stuff from Marshmello, like Alone, and then Monstercat opened up to me. I heard Work by Bossfight and Stonebank's Drop It Low. Colbreakz's 50.000. And then, I was suddenly introduced to trap. I heard Svrrender by SVDDEN DEATH and Salad Dressing by Bogore.
And then my first actual riddim song ever was introduced to me through The Dub Rebellion: Skitzo by Enigma Dubz. After that I soon was exposed to Disciple's producers, Hi I'm Ghost, Spag Heddy, and recently Papa Khan whose music I enjoy tons.
In midsummer of this year I switched over to Spotify since my Unlimited trial had ended on Amazon Music and Amazon Music deleted ALL of my songs from the server. Since I have a Kindle I'm able to listen like I have Premium!

That's my story, what about you? :3

Acid

Bloro

Forum Legend
ELITE
Bloro_
Bloro_
ELITE
Ratings
1,110 14
i have a playlist on spotify with only one song, and once i finish playing that song, it'll play another song but since i dont have any more, it'll suggest me new songs which is where i find some of my songs lol

Dakota

PATRON+
Dakotta
Dakotta
Patron+
Ratings
89 5
Right now, I'm listening to literally one song on repeat because it's new to me lol and I got to make sure I appreciate all of its excellence.

I found it through the radio

SONG: Heaven - Los Lonely Boys

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
I’m so bad with finding music so I just put on a Spotify generated playlist. My sister also makes bomb playlists so I turn who’s on a lot too haha. Right now that I’m just listening to Christmas music till January!!

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Through minecraft animated videos

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Basically Juice WRLD and XXX blew up after they died so thats how I got into American hiphop. I expanded from there on

abbie<3

Forum Expert
ELITE
uhhabbie
uhhabbie
ELITE
Ratings
285 11
i found a few songs i liked from a friends playlist. on spotify (idk if it’s on other platforms) you can listen to “song radios” which is just songs similar to that song. so i kinda just keep listening to similar songs

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Okay I listen to a lot of japanese anime openings

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I rely on spotify a lot, I usually listen to one or two full daily mixes each day, which mix I go for depends on my mood at the time, and of course release radar and discover weekly are great too. if you want a way to get high quality recommendations, i highly recommend last.fm. my friends and siblings also have v good tastes in music

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
A few years ago, one of my friends suggested a song by Florence + The Machine, which was Dog Days Are Over.. It was the first ever indie song I listened to and I fell in love with it. After that I think I found artists like MARINA (Marina and the diamonds) and somehow found panic at the disco, then twenty one pilots. I liked them for a really really long time, but eventually I found a song by Wallows recommended to me on youtube - These days. After a while I looked at more of their music and fell in love with it. From Wallows I've found heaps of amazing artists that I listen to every day for hours, including Clairo, Dayglow and IDKHow.
Also recently discovered Dayglow released music under another name, so that's been amazing :>

ShiftyWifty

VIP+
ShiftyWhifty
ShiftyWhifty
VIP+
Ratings
20 1
When I was younger, Monstercat and NCS were all the hype, especially since a majority of the gaming community drifted to them. As I grew up, my friend circle was heavily into Rap/Hip-Hop which led me to branch out to trap/heavier EDM. In recent years new music tends to pop up via my YT or Spotify feed. I've always been relatively open to different genres, so I can't really say that there's only been one source of music for me.

That said, I've stayed relatively loyal to the following Curator Channels/Labels throughout the years.
Trap City
Proximity
Jompamusic

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
When I was younger, Monstercat and NCS were all the hype, especially since a majority of the gaming community drifted to them. As I grew up, my friend circle was heavily into Rap/Hip-Hop which led me to branch out to trap/heavier EDM. In recent years new music tends to pop up via my YT or Spotify feed. I've always been relatively open to different genres, so I can't really say that there's only been one source of music for me.

That said, I've stayed relatively loyal to the following Curator Channels/Labels throughout the years.
Trap City
Proximity
Jompamusic
Finally I meet someone who knows about Monstercat <3

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
I'm really surprised you haven't met anyone on mana. Monstercat was adored by a large chunk of the minecraft community in the early-mid 2010s.
Interesting! Well, SpiroTech knows Monstercat too but not many others!