How did you first get into minecraft ?

TrueEnigma

Ratings
36 1
I first got into minecraft back in 2011 with my little brother. He had just gotten into gaming and it was his intro to games.

At first I didnt even like the look of the game I thought it was stupid and didnt get the concept of just digging and digging.

I ended up purchasing the game to help him learn it and as time gone on my little brother loved it and I started to really enjoy building castles, forts, and whatever we felt like building that weekend.

It began to take on a life of it's own. Becoming a expression of creativity for my brother and I.

I remeber the day redstone and pistons became a thing how excited we were be able to move blocks, make doors was astonishing to us.

That's a brief summary of how I got into minecraft. What's yours? I'm curious.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Hi pauloismeo!

I got into minecraft around 2013?? I think?? I played it with some friends.. we mainly enjoyed mini games and factions! I took a break in 2016 and didn't return to the game until late 2018 when I found manacube. Manacube quickly became a place that I enjoyed and found myself spending a lot of my time on it. AND NOW HERE I AM!

TrueEnigma

Ratings
36 1
Out of my years I am a very loyal player before manacube I only played on two servers. My first one they ended up shutting it down which was a bummer indeed.

Second I play it's a survival that never resets lol got too stale. I love manacube and its seasons. Glad I found a new home, people are amazing here

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
My cousin when I was 11. He showed it to me on his xbox, and I didn't know how to break blocks or anything. It was so cringy.

A few months later, my brother gets it on the computer, and I start playing regularly. I remember spending Christmas Eve making a wintery cabin in Creative mode.

I've always been a minigames lover; that's probably why parkour appeals to me so much.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
So... back in like uhm... 2016? or maybe 2015... I was like twelve, and I was watching a lot of Minecraft YT videos. (I'm not going to say which ones bcuz then ppl would be like who the fuk is that)
Anyways, a while later, my mom asked if I wanted PE and ofc I said yes! Because I was dying to play the game... even though PE sucks. So for a while, I played with PE. Eventually I bought the X-BOX 360 version which I never play, and then bought a prepaid Java card for MC. I was so happy... (the prepaid card is like a steam gift card, it has a code on the back that u use to activate ur game)

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,308 78
This is a great question! I personally love reflecting on my experiences with the game, and love hearing others’ memories, experiences and how others got into Minecraft! Just thinking about it, and reading others’ experiences is filling me with so much nostalgia, haha!

I was first introduced to Minecraft Pocket Edition by a few school friends (during the days of PE Lite!), so I’d steal my mums iPad when she was asleep, and mess around on there until the full version of MCPE was released! After MCPE, I moved onto console (Xbox 360), and then after a year or so, PS3. I’d also binge-watch many Minecraft YouTubers, for example; Stampylonghead, iBallisticsquid, Grian, SkyDoesMinecraft, Aphmau and many more.

I didn’t get into the PC version until my first/second year of High School, where I’d “OoVoO” (Pre-Skype) some friends, and we’d play mini-games, or we’d discover servers and try to complete tasks that we’d set ourselves. I was staff on a smaller server a few years back, in around 2014-15, and once I resigned I took a break from Minecraft in general for a while, and didn’t come back until October 2018; I needed a new IGN, and since Halloween & my birthday were approaching soon, I settled on something related to Halloween.

I’ve had many, many, many questionable name-changes throughout my Minecraft career ... I’m glad I finally chose one I’m not willing to change. I’m also glad I found ManaCube, I found out Olympus was a prison server when I was searching for a new server to settle on in November, and instantly became hooked. Minecraft in general has let me meet so many amazing people, and I’m so grateful for all of them!... especially my best friend @MingIX. <3

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
I remember vividly when I started playing MC, it was in the summer of me going to the 5th grade (Must’ve been 2012). I remember being so mad because I got so hooked that first day and they made me go on a roadtrip the same day and I couldn’t play for a week. To my surprise, they decided to renovate thr library that year and put a bunch of desktops in it and boy was that a mistake! That made me want to get an account to play with my friends so I got one and named it patsebcol (pat because of my firstname, seb because of my second name, and col was one letter off of being my last name, good job me!). I was playing it all the the time with my friends after school, primarily those call of duty-esque servers.

Then, for the next two and a half years I played a server called Savage Realms. I cemented myself so much into the community and made so many great friendships. It was a shocker when it closed down, every single player was so baffled. Then, for the next few years, people who were stuck with those feelings of nostalgia would make replicas to bring in the old players but they would ultimately fail. It was a sad realization, we couldn’t go back to how it used to be.

After those attempts from others, I took a long break from MC until late 2018 to early 2019. I started playing again and I forgot how fun it was. And now I’m here! And I’m very glad to have found ManaCube, I’ve made a lot of good friends here and I hope to meet more awesome players and keep having a blast! :)

TrueEnigma

Ratings
36 1
I remember vividly when I started playing MC, it was in the summer of me going to the 5th grade (Must’ve been 2012). I remember being so mad because I got so hooked that first day and they made me go on a roadtrip the same day and I couldn’t play for a week. To my surprise, they decided to renovate thr library that year and put a bunch of desktops in it and boy was that a mistake! That made me want to get an account to play with my friends so I got one and named it patsebcol (pat because of my firstname, seb because of my second name, and col was one letter off of being my last name, good job me!). I was playing it all the the time with my friends after school, primarily those call of duty-esque servers.

Then, for the next two and a half years I played a server called Savage Realms. I cemented myself so much into the community and made so many great friendships. It was a shocker when it closed down, every single player was so baffled. Then, for the next few years, people who were stuck with those feelings of nostalgia would make replicas to bring in the old players but they would ultimately fail. It was a sad realization, we couldn’t go back to how it used to be.

After those attempts from others, I took a long break from MC until late 2018 to early 2019. I started playing again and I forgot how fun it was. And now I’m here! And I’m very glad to have found ManaCube, I’ve made a lot of good friends here and I hope to meet more awesome players and keep having a blast! :)

Awesome memories, Thank you so much for sharing.

God_Of_Anonymous

God_Of_Anonymous
God_Of_Anonymous
Ratings
I had seen videos of Minecaft and always wanted it but I was not allowed to get it. So I always played this online game that was a 2D Minecraft basically. I kept watching Minecraft videos on youtube and always begged my parents, then on my 8th Birthday my parents bought it for me and I was really happy. After 1-2 years I got bored of it and my family moved, I had gotten a new computer and just forgot about it. Then around the time when people started talking about it again I remembered my account, so then me and my dad hooked up the computers and transferred Minecraft onto the new computer and now I have been playing again.

TrueEnigma

Ratings
36 1
I had seen videos of Minecaft and always wanted it but I was not allowed to get it. So I always played this online game that was a 2D Minecraft basically. I kept watching Minecraft videos on youtube and always begged my parents, then on my 8th Birthday my parents bought it for me and I was really happy. After 1-2 years I got bored of it and my family moved, I had gotten a new computer and just forgot about it. Then around the time when people started talking about it again I remembered my account, so then me and my dad hooked up the computers and transferred Minecraft onto the new computer and now I have been playing again.
Awesome ans glad to hear it, it's always had this odd sense of peace I got from the game.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
Let's see... it was 4th grade, so 2012/2013 and my friends were talking about it and one of them let me use their account to try it (no this isn't the account)

I got bored of it pretty fast (mostly because I didn't know how to craft) and then I found out you could join servers a few years later when I still saw it on my computer

so yeah

EricBanks

PATRON
Dawlas
Dawlas
Patron
Ratings
June 28, 2013. Graduated elementary school. I saw it on the shelf of a 7/11 and I asked my mom if I can buy it, she said yes.

I watched alot of paulsauresjr back in the day, it intrigued me to join.

justakwardnemo

Ratings
I first got into minecraft back in 2011 with my little brother. He had just gotten into gaming and it was his intro to games.

At first I didnt even like the look of the game I thought it was stupid and didnt get the concept of just digging and digging.

I ended up purchasing the game to help him learn it and as time gone on my little brother loved it and I started to really enjoy building castles, forts, and whatever we felt like building that weekend.

It began to take on a life of it's own. Becoming a expression of creativity for my brother and I.

I remeber the day redstone and pistons became a thing how excited we were be able to move blocks, make doors was astonishing to us.

That's a brief summary of how I got into minecraft. What's yours? I'm curious.
Hey! I had a similar experience. When minecraft first came out my sister was playing it and I was really confused what it was, but since she wanted it of course I did too. Eventhough at first I did not understand at all what was going on but I knew I liked it . I ended up even getting the first Minecraft Pocket edition lite on my phone and being addicted to it. Going back now and thinking about how much minecraft has come since the lite version is so crazy. I remember those " big " changes like when the added the different glass and doors and even the different wood. It made it much more exciting for me to play since I finallly could have better looking houses.

E-54 Ganymede

MVP
_SaladeVerte
_SaladeVerte
MVP
Ratings
I've downloaded the Bedrock version on 2010, my father who discovered first the game (lol), I was 10 and I was spending all my afternoon's on it :D
I still play this game at 20 years old, and acquired many experiences during this lapse of time :D

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
I was one of the people who bought pocket edition in the first month of it coming out and then started playing pc minecraft on my mums laptop about 7 years ago and was really into the infection game mode :)

K_y_l_e_r_

ELITE
K_Y_L_E_R_
K_Y_L_E_R_
ELITE
Ratings
Lol I literally saw it on the app store on my i pod touch in like 2010 and played since

Ratings
I got into minecraft during 2012. It all started on an Xbox360, my brother and I were looking for demo games to play and we stumbled upon the minecraft demo. We played it and realized how much fun it is, since then I have played minecraft for years. It is my favorite game, and I wouldn't leave it for anything.

ctrless

Dedicated Member
ELITE
gorekiss
gorekiss
ELITE
Ratings
185 12
I remember first playing Minecraft on my iPod.. with their being limited items on the *then* Pocket Edition. I got the PC version of Minecraft back in 2014. (Totally didn't get it just because I wanted minecarts and rails) I played for hours at a time just making rollercoasters for fun! Ever since then, it's probably been one of my most played games.