how do i find wither skeletons

ive been trying to find wither skeletons to complete the beacon part of the intermediate quest but i havent seen any so far. ive tried walking around nether fortresses and placing skeleton spawners but only normal skeletons are spawning. is there any other way find them/get nether stars?

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
ive been trying to find wither skeletons to complete the beacon part of the intermediate quest but i havent seen any so far. ive tried walking around nether fortresses and placing skeleton spawners but only normal skeletons are spawning. is there any other way find them/get nether stars?
I'm pretty sure the wither can't be spawned. However, I believe survival has the slayer warps feature. You can get the nether star from there.

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
Hi! To be able to spawn wither skeletons, you need a wither skeleton spawner! I get where your confusion comes from as they’re not on the /shop. You can get the spawners from some seasonal crates, or from buying them from other people. However, there also are public warps with wither skeleton grinders that you could use (such as /warp gallery and /warp nl). And as mentioned above, you can find wither skulls at slayer regions, but you will need /slayer level 3 for that.
Hope this helps, have fun!! :)

anxi

Forum Legend
ELITE
sunflowerv6
sunflowerv6
ELITE
Ratings
994 38
You can also get nether stars from killing the Dark Wizards at the second /slayer , Magic Islands. It is a rare drop though so might take a while to get one.
I don’t think the wither skulls at the slayer region actually let you spawn withers, as they are renamed and have a different ID to normal wither skeleton heads.
Normal wither skeletons have a 1% chance of dropping their head.

Alex_Cottier

Ratings
9 4
i think you have to use spawners and i have 3 so u can have 1 if u like

awesomeboy__

Forum Expert
PATRON
awesomeboy__
awesomeboy__
Patron
Ratings
241 9
Your best bet is to go to slayer 3 (if you have it availible) and kill the demon knights there. Wither skeleton heads are a common drop from them and you only need three to build a wither (which will drop a wither star upon death), If you would like, I have some spare nether stars that I sell for 2.5m on ah at times. Dm me in game if you are still looking for it, my IGN is awesomeboy__.