How do I get black text on signs?

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
When I place a sign in the map maker world, the text color is always some shade of gray. How would I get black text on my signs instead? Please leak the forbidden sign knowledge to me

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
Sadly it's just a glitch on signs at the moment, it is possible to get black signs if you ask a senior member of the staff team, however, their time is often limited so if it can't get sorted I wouldn't worry too much- most players are used to deciphering white and grey signs by now! <3

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
If you ask Shinx whenever he has a moment, he can fix it for you.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I dont play parkour much but cant you just do the color codes?
&0 for black text. Works on Olympus and Skyblock
No, you can't.

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I dont play parkour much but cant you just do the color codes?
&0 for black text. Works on Olympus and Skyblock
I believe you can use color codes in chat you can't on signs. I'm almost certain this gray sign thing is caused by a feature that wasn't made with 1.8.9 in mind. All signs that you place are bright white in the current version of minecraft, but switching to 1.8.9 will change the color of the signs to various shades of gray depending on what direction the sign is facing. I hope one of the devs gets to this sometime :(

Ratings
I believe you can use color codes in chat you can't on signs. I'm almost certain this gray sign thing is caused by a feature that wasn't made with 1.8.9 in mind. All signs that you place are bright white in the current version of minecraft, but switching to 1.8.9 will change the color of the signs to various shades of gray depending on what direction the sign is facing. I hope one of the devs gets to this sometime :(
Yeah I tried BOLDING mine and it did not work using &l :(

Presidenten

Forum Master
ELITE
Hampifant
Hampifant
ELITE
Ratings
521 13
When I place a sign in the map maker world, the text color is always some shade of gray. How would I get black text on my signs instead? Please leak the forbidden sign knowledge to me
Hi curtis, sorry about your problem. There is a solution! You can type &0 to get black text, you can even get colored text by changing the number from 0-9 or a-f! Hope this helped :)

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
Hi curtis, sorry about your problem. There is a solution! You can type &0 to get black text, you can even get colored text by changing the number from 0-9 or a-f! Hope this helped :)
Hi Presidenten,

Thansk so much!!!!

Much love, Curtis