How long will it take before all the dailies are built by shinxray?

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
Ok, so inspired by something in pk chat earlier, I did the maths and i worked out how long it will take before all 5 daily maps - easy, medium, hard, expert and insane - were all built by shinx. yesterday was a record with both of the expert and insane built by him.

Since Shinx has 16/457 easy, 15/404 medium, 16/307 hard, 16/173 expert and 16/224 insane, all you need to do is multiply all those numbers together to find the probability.

Doing that, we get 1/2234389. which is once in 2.2 million days. Therefore the final answer is it should happen once in 6,271 years, 345 days.

If any of my maths is incorrect, please let me know and I'll amend it. Also, just for fun I worked out the probability of some other things. Yesterday's expert and insane probability is once every 151 days. Getting hard, expert and insane is once in every 8 years, 54 days.

Of course, this does not include any more maps that the madlad makes, and it also assumes randomness in the algorithm, which is just not the case. Lapras shouldn't have been daily 5 times since November.

I'll amend this post when he makes more if I remember/can be bothered.

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
959 435
Ok, so inspired by something in pk chat earlier, I did the maths and i worked out how long it will take before all 5 daily maps - easy, medium, hard, expert and insane - were all built by shinx. yesterday was a record with both of the expert and insane built by him.

Since Shinx has 16/417 easy, 15/375 medium, 16/278 hard, 15/160 expert and 15/210 insane, all you need to do is multiply all those numbers together to find the probability.

Doing that, we get 2/3381175. which is twice in 3 million days, or once in 1.69 million days. Therefore the final answer is it should happen once in 4,628 years, 211 days.

If any of my maths is incorrect, please let me know and I'll amend it. Also, just for fun I worked out the probability of some other things. Yesterday's expert and insane probability is once every 149 days. Getting hard, expert and insane is once in every 7 years, 38 days.

Of course, this does not include any more maps that the madlad makes, and it also assumes randomness in the algorithm, which is just not the case. Lapras shouldn't have been daily 5 times since November.

I'll amend this post when he makes more if I remember/can be bothered.
There was this point where all my maps where a daily but an expert (don't have any)