How many attempts did it take you for a judge to accept your map?

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Title asks it all.

I haven't gotten an accepted map, but at the moment I have 2 rejected and one is waiting approval!

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
I've never had a rejected map, but two of mine have been put in reviewing before being accepted!

If you keep at it and learn from feedback from judges and others your building should improve and you'll get maps accepted in no time :)

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
I'm 5 for 5 so far. Just keep following the map judge comments on your map and learn and improve from criticism and you'll get there eventually!

Also, feel free to collaborate with a Mapper if you want to learn their process for building maps. My first two maps were with well-known mappers (casey and Pres) and I learned a lot about building parkour from them. Good luck!

curtis

Dedicated Member
curtis18264
curtis18264
Ratings
121 2
I got my first map rejected twice before it finally got into reviewing, and I had to ask the poor judge to look over it like 3 times before she accepted it. Since then, all of my maps were eventually accepted except one because it was a lazy build. And like Pyro said, judge's comments on a map are really important to listen to if you want to get a map accepted.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
Man, I've got 2 rejected, and both because they had unallowed mechanics.

Map 1: Invisopolis: Was based around barriers.
Map 2: Tunnel Of Doom: Has too many pistons

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
My first map was rejected, I made it in 40 minutes and I really just wanted more details from a map judge before making something I was really passionate about. After that, I made ShrineFestival, which was rejected at first but then I resubmitted it after fixing up the parkour. I haven’t had a map rejected since SewerClown was first submitted as a dropper, and am now a map judge myself ;) The requirements on ManaCube are a little confusing and judges know that. But if you do your research, use your resources, ask questions, and improve each time you submit, you’ll get a map accepted eventually. It’s inevitable :)

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
I got my first map accepted, than tried a parkour and got it rejected, than got 2 more maps accepted and now I have one in reviewing! I wasn’t expecting my first map to get accepted at all but somehow it did. My parkour map when I look back at it I’m like why did I ever submit that it was awful. I have realized droppers are just my thing to build, parkour is going to take more work on!

Emee

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Emeenem
Emeenem
ELITE
Ratings
I got my first (and so far only) map accepted after 2 tries. And looking at the map before and after revisions, it's clear now what needed changing, what was perfectly fine, and what needed scrapping altogether. I think it's really important to be able to interpret what the map judge has to say as their criticism can tell you how much scrapping and revision you need to do. Also asking the map judge themselves, or other judges, can help too.

Additional help from friends can help too. I got some flack for having 3 friends help revise my easy map XD , but honestly I'm just glad to be able to get a map accepted. it's pretty much one big cycle of learning and improving the first time round.

Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Yea I got one that was rejected, was a pretty poor build honestly, I worked really hard on my other maps and got lucky I'd say :)

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
All my maps except SchoolDesk have been put in reviewing before being accepted. I have also had a few maps which have been rejected so far, but I'm still working hard to get them accepted :D

Anacoustic

Forum Expert
ELITE
Anacoustic
Anacoustic
ELITE
Ratings
163 2
I've helped a couple people with testing maps and building. Some did get rejected due to the build being too plain, the parkour not being various enough (in terms of blocks) and some people have a hard time with finding what difficulty their map falls under. But, asking for advice especially from mappers and even map judges themselves can be such a big help for ya :D keep going don't give up !

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Got my first accepted map on the second try, but I submitted my first accepted map before my first map got rejected.
2 rejected, 1 closed, 72 accepted.

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
My first map was rejected twice and had to undergo major changes, do not give up!

EwoutV

ELITE
EwoutV
EwoutV
ELITE
Ratings
80 4
My first few maps were actually rejected but were pretty damn terrible, I've been on a 22/22 streak of accepted maps rn tho.
Every map has been accepted in a timepsan of 2 weeks (except my champion maps (6 months))

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
178 5
My 6th map was accepted lol