How should Manacube handle server releases?

• Release servers with a focus on new features before fixing older features

• Release servers with a focus on optimizing older features before adding new features

• No preference

• Something else entirely (please post below if this is the case)

Results are only viewable after voting.

JustSoDank

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JustSoDank
JustSoDank
ELITE
Ratings
321 19
I am making this poll so that the dev / staff team have a better idea of what the community would like to see from new server releases. Even though I realize it may not end up supporting my own viewpoint, I would like for Manacube to progress in a direction the majority of the community would like. This poll is in response to Dynsalir's post here: Important - Your Development & Bug Concerns | ManaCube

Anyways, here is the question at hand (please discuss your ideas, alternatives, etc. down below):

- Release servers with a focus on new features before fixing older features
- Release servers with a focus on optimizing older features before adding new features
- Something else entirely? (Please comment down below)

Thanks for your input, any and all is appreciated.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Speaking specifically on this Olympus reset, I think it was released almost well.
This season is supposed to be grindy. Rushing through everything to do will get you frustrated because you already did a bit of everything. I understand there are leaderboards which drive competition, but if you rush to the limit of what there is to do, why would you be surprised when you've already done it all.
The people who complained for reset being late are the same people who only play the first 3 months and complain, then go inactive.
Of course I wish it was released 100% ready. But when you have loud voices screaming every day, you don't get to prepare the game as much as you'd want.
I wish they heard people like me who said to wait longer for it to be ready. This way things like Cerberus would have been added instead of replaced by netherite scraps.

If we skip resets and get to bug fixes vs new content, I think there is a balance. The game should be constant changing which is why I think bugs similar to worldedit on skyblock should lead to the removal of worldedit instead of fix. But things like armor durability being broken on Olympus (reported before Atlas existed) should have been fixed then, but its still broken.
I know it's different for other game modes, like Factions, where the entire season is 1 month, but this is how I see it for Olympus.

Something sort of related to this that really gets me going, in the Dacon Q&A, Dacon said about 40% of the income just sits around "for I don't know what." I think that if even 1 months worth of this was thrown at fixing bugs, a lot of ManaCubes bug problems would be fixed. I know you can't just throw money to solve anything, but you get the point.

xcy

Dedicated Member
Ratings
123 5
I- am torn. I'd like it like this: take your time, and work out all the bugs previously, and add features, all at once. In other words: PLAYTEST IT! I know- bugs are inevitable. But I feel like a release should be geared toward new features primarily, with bug fixes being updates. Look at Minecraft for example: there is one big release, as 1.16 as an example. This changed the nether, adding blocks, items, etc. Then we have the updates: 1.16.1, 1.16.2, 1.16.3, etc etc. What I'm saying is, get the content out there, then adjust accordingly based upon player feedback.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I've been loving all the new features that Manacube has been pushing lately, especially the Olympus reset which I thought had some great radical changes, but it would be beneficial to players and management if new features were put on a back burner for a while to fix as many existing bugs as possible, especially on somewhat neglected servers like Islands and Creative. It sounds like that is Dylan's plan.

rew

Forum Master
ELITE
TigerTwist2
TigerTwist2
ELITE
Ratings
401 124
I am making this poll so that the dev / staff team have a better idea of what the community would like to see from new server releases. Even though I realize it may not end up supporting my own viewpoint, I would like for Manacube to progress in a direction the majority of the community would like. This poll is in response to Dynsalir's post here: Important - Your Development & Bug Concerns | ManaCube

Anyways, here is the question at hand (please discuss your ideas, alternatives, etc. down below):

- Release servers with a focus on new features before fixing older features
- Release servers with a focus on optimizing older features before adding new features
- Something else entirely? (Please comment down below)

Thanks for your input, any and all is appreciated.
more playtesting. The stuff that slides through sometimes is a bit funny and the server is in dire need of some