Difficulty: Easy
Jumps: 29
Checkpoints: 3
Screenshots:
~ https://prnt.sc/wyufb8
~ https://prnt.sc/wyusly
~ https://prnt.sc/wyuivd
~ https://prnt.sc/wyujvx

What is the "Howling Abyss?" you may ask... The Howling Abyss is a map for the game-mode called "Aram" on the game League of Legends! Two teams of five players battle one another using special attacks and spells to try to fight their way to victory by destroying magical turrets along the way. Some featured League of Legends champions included in the map are Ahri, Caitlyn, Braum, Sona, Ezreal, Teemo, Renekton, Miss Fortune, Yauso, and Tahm Kench!

Below is a screenshot of the famous Aram bridge from which this map was inspired:
~ https://prnt.sc/wywecg

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Ashley <3 it was so fun making this map with you! I’m glad we could do a little miniature justice to one of our favorite games.
If anyone would be willing to test the map for skips, I would greatly appreciate it. It was 2am by the time Ashley and I wrapped up the map, so it was hard to stay up and grab some testers!
I have patched as many skips as I can with as few barriers possible, but I may have missed some. Let me know either on this post or message me on Discord/in-game :)

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Hee hoo. Pink here! As an avid league player (hence A Pink Cow hint hint) I'd love to review it!

I particularly liked ez zapping teemo with q. Justice delivered.

Jumps to look at again:
This jump could use a sign, I didn't know i was supposed to slime down. Or as a general suggestion - keep carpets themed to their colour. (The previous slime had a grey carpet, which was a nice indicator but confusing for a 'grey' path to follow. There's a similar situation later on with the kench slime, which is also grey)
1610924749429.png

For some reason I struggled with finding where to jump from for the final jump to be tricky. Your call if you want to change/nerf it. But for a new player learning pk, getting the timing right either from the block above or the pane below might be a bit tricky for an easy map.
1610925331542.png

Other than that, the pk is varied and looks like a good amount of thought went into it! So well done!

As always
UNBENCH THE KENCHH

moo~ Pink!

Acrellux

Forum God
ELITE
Acrellux
Acrellux
ELITE
Ratings
1,364 146
Fun and easy! +1

Nathanpls

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Ratings
460 21
Hee hoo. Pink here! As an avid league player (hence A Pink Cow hint hint) I'd love to review it!

I particularly liked ez zapping teemo with q. Justice delivered.

Jumps to look at again:
This jump could use a sign, I didn't know i was supposed to slime down. Or as a general suggestion - keep carpets themed to their colour. (The previous slime had a grey carpet, which was a nice indicator but confusing for a 'grey' path to follow. There's a similar situation later on with the kench slime, which is also grey)
View attachment 42622
For some reason I struggled with finding where to jump from for the final jump to be tricky. Your call if you want to change/nerf it. But for a new player learning pk, getting the timing right either from the block above or the pane below might be a bit tricky for an easy map.
View attachment 42624

Other than that, the pk is varied and looks like a good amount of thought went into it! So well done!

As always
UNBENCH THE KENCHH

moo~ Pink!
I agree BUT remember if this map gets accepted it will be at the last page of many in the easy category. And by the time a newbie will play this map they are probably smart enough to understand how to navigate and use surroundings.
I’ve played this map myself and had no problem navigating at all.

-Tiger

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
Hello Ashley and Quinny,

I personally love this map! The build is so detailed and realistic to the reference. I love how y'all added champs with powers in glass, really brings the map to life. The parkour is very fitting for the easy difficulty and the additional directional signs added has allowed a much easier navigational path.

Best of luck!

BDOsborne

Forum Expert
Ratings
265 1
Sorry to inform you but is the map in the wrong facing? also i found the parkour incredibly convoluted which detracted from its otherwise enjoyable nature. i think that to combat this issue a new more logical path would have to be constructed perhaps in light of a slightly expanded build to accomodate room for the parkour. the build is pretty decent for the size you have made it but i think it would benefit both the aesthetics and the parkour if it was scaled up a tiny bit at either end so that proportion wise the landings on either side of the bridge are just as big as the actual bridge as shown in the picture! also maybe give the floor slightly more of the blue colours as the grey is to prominent in my opinion.
Good luck with your submission. :)

JustKyrO

Dedicated Member
MVP+
JustKyrO
JustKyrO
MVP+
Ratings
53 1
I agree with Osborne. The parkour is pretty messy, although this might be an accurate tribute to how hectic it can get in the abyss. However, because the parkour is messy there are a lot of barriers, oftentimes getting in the way of the parkour, which was annoying. The theme is good, and the build is pretty good considering how small you guys made it! Overall I think it is pretty good. Good luck!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello AshleyMarie and Quinnyp,

Your map will now be marked as ongoing and it will now be discussed among the map judges. This may take time, so please be patient. This thread will now be closed from responses.

Have a nice day,
Kristina

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello AshleyMarie and Quinnyp,

I am happy to inform you that your map is being accepted!
The theme is original, well done.
The build is accurate to what you were going for, with some nice details.
The parkour is varied throughout. As mentioned above, it does appear a bit messy; however, it is better to navigate with the signs. The length of the course and difficulty of the jumps are good for the easy difficulty.

Thank you for submitting this map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.