IDEA - /chat hide feature

Hello Manacube community,
For my first post I would like to suggest that a chat filter be implemented on a player-by-player basis, eg. one can hide swears as chosen by the user/presets or hide all chat messages for Parkour and other games. I think this addition would be very simple to set up with a chat-based filter plugin, and would improve the server experience for many players who are not looking to have conversations and only practice their Minecraft skills or compete.
Thanks for reading, Kermit

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
You can do this by going into options and turning off your chat. Keep in mind that if you do this you won't be able to send any messages.

Yes, but that is quite annoying as you can not do checkpoints either which is why I think that this feature would be helpful.

Uneasilly // Sil

Forum Master
ELITE
Uneasilly
Uneasilly
ELITE
Ratings
522 6
If you go to your minecraft chat settings and lower opacity to 10% instead of turning chat off, checkpoints and other commands will still work. However, I get your point that it would be easier to have a command for that!

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
It seems very unlikely that such a command will be added any time soon. We can't even get the existing global chat filter to work, ever. It's pretty simple to just reduce your chat scale or opacity, though, so you might as well just do that.