[IDEA] Increase neutrality cost and upkeep

SorkovLSD

ELITE
BladePheonix
BladePheonix
ELITE
Ratings
Have to agree with Val on this, for those of us that actually have a life to live and work, we want to be able to come and enjoy our time on the server, not be sieged off the server cause some bored kid has nothing better to do with his time.

Bunni

Dedicated Member
PATRON
CupOBunnies
CupOBunnies
Patron
Ratings
241 34
Oh one more thing. because i dont have enough money to waste on a Minecraft server.im just not allowed to own a town? i have to just live in someone elses town for that one to fall too? no i refuse
I meant, to undiny and others complaining about how much "peaceful" towns are able to make bank from having mob grinders.
Regardless I dont agree with increases to upkeep, I think it's perfectly affordable for new players to start new towns as Earth is now. I certainly dont see any reason to really limit peaceful towns in anyway because honestly sieges have little impacts once you toggle peaceful on.

Btw I was a new player back in November 2022. This is my first map here on Manacube.

Spogger

Forum Legend
ELITE
_Spogger
_Spogger
ELITE
Ratings
709 117
I meant, to undiny and others complaining about how much "peaceful" towns are able to make bank from having mob grinders.
Regardless I dont agree with increases to upkeep, I think it's perfectly affordable for new players to start new towns as Earth is now. I certainly dont see any reason to really limit peaceful towns in anyway because honestly sieges have little impacts once you toggle peaceful on.

Btw I was a new player back in November 2022. This is my first map here on Manacube.
Unless/until they fix(ed) the weird siege zone that can toggle PvP in peaceful towns anyway, peaceful towns still can be affected by sieges.

As for the mob grinders part, though I don't like spawner economies, as I believe that they take away from the "grindy" aspect of games, they're in the game, and it's fair that people can become totally loaded by afking their grinders.

My 3rd Response
once again is Emplore you to take a look at the economic Situation on the server. People may make Millions. CERTAIN TOWNS. Who have the ability to get Lucky Crates, or PVP their way to victory. But not every nation does.

If the server had your system on it. it would be like this.

1. I make a town.

2. i have to pay a boat load of money to keep it once i get more people and more land.

3. i make a nation. but remember... i have to pay a boatload of money...

4. im not making any extra money because im constantly stressing to pay your stupid upkeep. i cant pay my towns extra money. giving them no incentives to stay with my nation.

5. My nation falls into ruins or never grows, because war nations like yours wil get all the money from sieging smaller, less rich, helpless nations and towns. OH, but then even YOUR OWN town will fall into ruins.

6. Why? because of your tax. Then what was the point of all the Sieges? What was the point of having a larger town? Why not just remain as 1 or 2 persons in a town with no nation. it would be alot easier then spending 18 to 24 hours a day to grind out your reckless upkeep.

7. People start leaving the server, cause theres no variety. No large nations. no small nations. no nations that exist longer than a week...

8. Boom youve just killed a server because you dont understand a single dang thing about these kinds of Servers. What is your point? its such a stupid idea i just dont understand your logic? Yah lets raise a BS upkeep and kill the server all because i cant siege every single town.

9. god i really hope for the servers sake that the staff really listen to what i said above. Every server i have ever played on that has Raised the upkeep prices alot have died within weeks. and if not in weeks then a few months. Which then you are to blame for Robbing the staff of the Ability to make more Money. to be able to provide players with a good Balanced Server, where sieges happen and towns can be peaceful, and where adults and other people can afford to go to work and come back. (Who may i remind you Adults make up 90% of the people who pay for the server ranks like Elite and Patreon, Patreon+ and even some of the smaller ranks) They wont want to spend money if there town is destroyed. and some of them will just refuse to live under someone who gets their kicks off sieging PVPless towns and Nations.

P.S. Most other people dont have Console Clients and other BS too. which im sure you can put 2+2 together and realise taht arguement wise you just shot yourself in the foot

GO set up trade with a Peaceful Nation and Town, they have alot of money and im sure if you offer them something, im sure they will be more then have to fund you
Val, I understand what you're concerned about, but:

AGAIN, new players are recommended to join an existing town. New players could join the ultra-rich towns, learn how to make money, make a decent bit of money in their existing town, then make their own town. Assuming you play like an hour or two a day, this process would take a few days to a week, not bad. Once you learn the ways to make money (spawners) and obtain some of your own, you can afk that grinder or get someone to afk it for you. I know that some players offer to afk their alts at your farms in exchange for money/commission on your farm. As for your point about paying loads of money to make a nation, nations DO NOT HAVE UPKEEP, nor do I believe that upkeep should be added to NATIONS. You saying you need incentives for people to stay in your nation doesn't really make sense, to my knowledge, very few nations pay you to be in their nation to even begin with. You saying that sieging will give me all your money is wrong because siege warchests are TINY. You saying my own town will fall into ruins also is dumb considering that my town leaders' farm makes more than what upkeep would be, and yeah, maybe my upfront proposals were a little high, so they could be reduced, but still upkeep should be increased IMO. Grinding out upkeep doesn't require you to play 18-24 hours a day, because you can get someone to afk for you if you cannot get console client.

Also, you are not listening to my points, you are not acknowledging the fact that I have repeatedly said that crowding could very quickly become a problem if upkeep remains low and people start quitting because the server has already gotten a little stale, it'll only be getting worse, thus resulting in crowding and inactive towns that log on every once in a while just so their town doesn't get deleted. As for you saying no big towns or nations, guess what? People have already made gigagrinders that can make loads more than what my upkeep proposal is. (reduced as I will admit my upfront idea of 7.5x multiplier for Metropolis is a bit outrageous)