idea

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
this is an idea

so recently, not recently recently, but not long ago they removed voting and in the same post they announced the advertising budget is 3xing which is good but now i present an idea, kind of wild but would be cool

manaclient
similar to like, lunar and badlion and those but manacube specific. since manacube is progressing towards a more and more unique and developed server i think the addition of a custom client that interacts with special things in the game would be neat
this has potential to be great advertising because badlion server shut down because it wasnt popular enough, but once they made the client it made the company very popular
some things that ive thought of that would be cool with manaclient:
when you use some special items in game there is a cooldown timer. itd be neat if you could see a countdown until its usable again like some clients do with ender pearls.
lucky armor texture would actually work when worn
higher quality cosmetics and animations
it could help identify rule breakers
there is potential additional revenue from this. like if when not playing on mana if you want to use the cosmetics youd be able to

i know that making a client is a huge thing, especially if it interacts with the server directly, but other clients have started as a server or created a server to go along with the client

i would never want this to be required to play on manacube, but just be in addition like other clients are

this was an idea

Ocelxt

ELITE
BigWh1teClocks
BigWh1teClocks
ELITE
Ratings
14 2
Yes agreed because then they don't need a texture pack built into the server but just built into the client because loading up a client like lunar takes time and so does loading texture packs. +1 Idea

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Yes agreed because then they don't need a texture pack built into the server but just built into the client because loading up a client like lunar takes time and so does loading texture packs. +1 Idea
agreed
cause
if i was making a server resource pack like on mana, i would make it so the game still makes sense without it
i dont like how its required at all. but now with manaclient it can just be a regular part of the game wooo

also, i just painted my nails for my first time and im so proud

sophiaaah <3

Forum Master
ELITE
sophiaaah
sophiaaah
ELITE
Ratings
721 81
i feel like it should be a requirements for some servers and on others its optional because if u dont have a requirements for it on certain servers then its unfair to the players who dont use it.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
i feel like it should be a requirements for some servers and on others its optional because if u dont have a requirements for it on certain servers then its unfair to the players who dont use it.
it should never be a requirement
the only advantage would be knowing when your special tools are ready to use ? but thats not really even an advantage if you can count to 5
unless you know of another way in which players would get an unfair advantage, in which do tell. but keep in mind clients like badlion and lunar are already allowed

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
Seems like a pretty cool idea! I would love to see something like this implemented.

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
having it as a requirement would certainly put people off, because they turn up to this server expecting to just log in, but in fact they have to go and download a whole new thing. nah m8 cba. and also if it's free and not mandatory, then no one will have a specific advantage because anyone can go and download it at anytime, like using hacks on 2b2t: gives you an advantage, but you can still comfortably play without it.

Bootz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
kaama
kaama
ELITE
Ratings
98 5
having it required for certain servers would definitely put some people off playing on the server for the first time as it may seem as a hassle to have to go and download the client that's required.

I think the idea of a client is cool but may just put some people off playing on the mana server for the first time and conflict with people that like to use lunar, blc etc.

illiterate_

PATRON+
illiterate_
illiterate_
Patron+
Ratings
52 8
This is a cool idea! I have limited experience with clients, but they are pretty cool! I think having one that goes along with the server would be a neat thing, and although it would take a lot to develop and implement it, it could be cool to see in the future!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
major development in the idea field of this idea
if you have manaclient
staff can have staff accounts
so that
if they clicked on a message in chat
they would get an ID for that message. or like a link maybe
and then they can quickly and easily put that into the punishment commands

so for like mutes
youdnt need to wait for the screenshot to upload to a website
and then for multiline mutes, like spam, you click the first and the last message youll get the domain of messages from that period

this was just an additional possibly benefit to having a manaclient

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
would be cool, but i now use two different clients: one for parkour related things and lunar for other servers (take a guess which). having to use manaclient here would complicate things for me personally, but it would still be an awesome feature for the community!

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
would be cool, but i now use two different clients: one for parkour related things and lunar for other servers (take a guess which). having to use manaclient here would complicate things for me personally, but it would still be an awesome feature for the community!
what stuff do you use for your parkour client? since parkour is manacubes most prominent gamemode i think itd be reasonable if they had special, idk like timers or whatever designed for parkour

Buffy

Forum Master
QA Team
BuffySwag
BuffySwag
QA Team
Ratings
331 5
what stuff do you use for your parkour client? since parkour is manacubes most prominent gamemode i think itd be reasonable if they had special, idk like timers or whatever designed for parkour
i (and many top players) use mpk client, which gives you things in the gui that an F3 menu wouldnt normally say, like tick timings, x/z offsets and a better display. looks something like this
2021-11-18_23.51.53.png

xCoffeeMan

Dedicated Member
ELITE
xCoffeeMan
xCoffeeMan
ELITE
Ratings
49 3
wow um, a client for manacube!?
That would be insane. If that does happen.

Cryst3al

ELITE
Cryst3al
Cryst3al
ELITE
Ratings
13 3
Yeah 100 having a client for mana would be ligit so cool.