Ideas to help Survival

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
I had a thought today of ways Survival could improve, and I had a few ideas that I believe could improve Survival overall.

To start off, I think the PvP update last week should be reverted. I don't even PvP, but I believe it's done the server more harm than good in ways you didn't think of. I'm talking about how the pvp arena in spawn is KeepInventory enabled, and the Abyss (which nobody goes to I've heard) is where you can fight without KeepInventory. Before this update, the only item worth buying in /kilton was holy scrolls because people would lose the holy on their items in PvP arena and they would buy more from auction house, but now there is nothing in Kilton worth buying and the holy scrolls in the auction house won't sell. Now peoples head shops are closed, and the new players have no way to make money so they are just leaving because head shops was the best way to make money without alts. I tried to help this by making my own head shop, but so many new players and old players came that I went broke, I spent over $28 billion money on heads in 3 days and I had to close it down because I can't afford to keep it up. More people will open their head shops again if it becomes worth it again. If we want to support new players, I think this needs to happen.

Another reason I think it should be reverted, is that the server isn't very community-friendly right now. I think if people want to PvP with KeepInventory enabled, players should make their own PvP arenas and advertise it in chat occasionally so we actually have contact with other players creations, and it will become a popular warp. For this to work easier, there also should be more /p permissions added to parties where you can enable PvP (maybe even in certain chunks), although I see how this could be abused.

I would like to add again that this isn't biased because I've never even stepped in the PvP arena before, but I play the game a lot and I see what people say in chat, and I notice what's happening when I go to spawn. I genuinely think these ideas are better for the server in general.

I have a couple other things I want to add that will improve Survival, even though I made a post about one of these already.
  • For some reason /soul was removed as a command, which is just an alternative to typing /kilton. I don't know if this was a mistake or not, but people forget what the command /kilton is and /soul is just a lot easier to remember.
  • Playershop commands should be enabled. These are /playershop balance, /playershop withdraw and /playershop deposit. This will allow your playershops to have a seperate balance from your own /bal, and only the money in that playershop balance will be used for buying heads or any other items from people. You will have to replenish the playershop balance manually so it doesn't take any money you aren't willing to spend for your shop. This command should also allow your playershops to work while you are in any cube, as right now playershops only work if you are in the same cube as your shop that people are using, and it's difficult to play the game if you have a popular shop because you have to stay in the same cube the whole time. If somebody doesn't like the playershop balance for some reason, there could be a way to toggle your shops to use the playershop balance or your own personal balance. Enabling this should make the whole playershop aspect of Survival so much better, and it will encourage the community to visit player shops more often because they will always be stocked if there's items in the chests.
I made this only about Survival because I am not aware of any updates or changes made in other gamemodes.

Let me know if anybody agrees or disagrees with any of this, this was just at the top of my head so I could have missed out on some problems. :)

Last edited:

xStephie

Forum Expert
PATRON+
xStephie
xStephie
Patron+
Ratings
372 19
+1 I think player shop balance sounds like a great dea for next season. Also I think lots would prefer the old pvp arena as well. Nice to go in there and not loose stuff but getting boring very quickly.

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
Would just like this to be bumped up again. When I joined Survival to start playing again about 40 days ago, there was always new people joining and staying to play, but now in the last couple weeks I've seen pretty much nobody staying to play because they have no way of making money. I don't even know what to tell the many people that join daily how they can make money, because it used to be grinding and selling heads. You can see unranked people in tab now, and when I started you could barely even see the VIP people. I think something needs to be done about this sooner rather than later, Survival has died so much in just 1 month.

Josh/P2

Survival Mod
IP2I
IP2I
Mod
Ratings
284 21
I believe and am probably one of the few who thinks that the keep inventory on pit was a good idea, Abyss isn't used but it's not like it's because it's not useable, it's that most do not tend to use it because they don't want to lose their items, as someone who frequently sits in pit I think it has become 100x more active since the update and it has done more good then bad. I see no reason to revert it other then people being a bit petty about it.

RazorScythe

PATRON
RazorScythe
RazorScythe
Patron
Ratings
29 1
I believe and am probably one of the few who thinks that the keep inventory on pit was a good idea, Abyss isn't used but it's not like it's because it's not useable, it's that most do not tend to use it because they don't want to lose their items, as someone who frequently sits in pit I think it has become 100x more active since the update and it has done more good then bad. I see no reason to revert it other then people being a bit petty about it.
I personally think keeping Survival active with new players and having a way for people without alts to progress is a million times more important than more players having a bit of fun in the PvP pit, but I appreciate the feedback. I don't think you read my whole post