Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
178 5
Heyo,
I made the experience that you still see the join message of a player with elite who you have ignored. I'd suggest that you won't see the joinmessage of a player with elite when you have ignored this person. I suggest that because I personally don't want to know if the person is there or not. I know it's only a tiny inconvenience, but it's still one.
~Mika

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Yeah, I'd also like to add that shout messages for elites you have blocked on a server should also be hidden. It's annoying to block someone just to see their messages in shout. If possible, it would be nice if ./ignore was made "global" so if you have a person ignored on one game mode, they're also ignored on other game modes by default.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I think /ignore should be made global.
For instance, if you ignore someone on Aether, you shouldnt be able to see their messages on any of the other game modes. Currently, you'd have to go to every single game mode server and /ignore them there too. It's certainly doable, but a huge inconvenience when you're just trying to get away from someone.

Last edited:

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I agree on the /ignore joinmessage part. However I do not agree with the /shout being ignored with /ignore. People pay a significant amount of money for /shout so everyone can see their shouts. Eversince this is part of the /shout perk I don’t think they should be able to /ignore the shouts

-regards

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
I agree on the /ignore joinmessage part. However I do not agree with the /shout being ignored with /ignore. People pay a significant amount of money for /shout so everyone can see their shouts. Eversince this is part of the /shout perk I don’t think they should be able to /ignore the shouts

-regards
Since youd literaly scream at for for rating disagree, I now have to comment.
I disagree.
You ignore someone because you dont want to see them. If the shouter wants people to see their messages, dont do something to get ignored. Nuremous times have I seen people act fowl towards others in shout, and having ignore block that would help prevent conflict.
Soon when java minecraft moves its login services to Microsoft, when you block people you wont ever be able to see any message from them. I think ignoring shouts now would be a way to accept and agree with what's coming.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
Since youd literaly scream at for for rating disagree, I now have to comment.
I disagree.
You ignore someone because you dont want to see them. If the shouter wants people to see their messages, dont do something to get ignored. Nuremous times have I seen people act fowl towards others in shout, and having ignore block that would help prevent conflict.
Soon when java minecraft moves its login services to Microsoft, when you block people you wont ever be able to see any message from them. I think ignoring shouts now would be a way to accept and agree with what's coming.

Hey ssm, What I meant to say was: Alot of people are just gonna abuse the fact that /ignore mutes shouts. People will end up ignoring alot of elites which would make the /shout perk less attractive to buy eversince half of the server will ignore people who use shouts. This would eventually make /shout not worth it anymore. In my opinion that would really harm the entire purpose of /shout and it would affect the value of the Elite rank

Regards

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,887 47
Hey ssm, What I meant to say was: Alot of people are just gonna abuse the fact that /ignore mutes shouts. People will end up ignoring alot of elites which would make the /shout perk less attractive to buy eversince half of the server will ignore people who use shouts. This would eventually make /shout not worth it anymore. In my opinion that would really harm the entire purpose of /shout and it would affect the value of the Elite rank

Regards
i disagree, I don't think really anyone would do that
now stop bugging me to respond to you quoting me <3

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
178 5
Heyo Dutchy and SSM,
I think that both sides have good arguments there. I personally agree with SSM as I really don't want to know anything of the persons I have ignored. I mean they were ignored by me for a reason? But it is also true that it would make the /shout perk less attractive, but however, people can ignore others for getting hurt by them etc. or just to ignore their shouts. Both sides are well argumented and I'd just say that we shall wait for the decision of the staff team.
*Edit*
I just became the idea that there could be a command such as /disable [player]. With excecuting that command you would disable a player in every action on every server of Manacube such as normal chat messages, shouts, elite join messages, and they would be removed from your tablist. However the arguments from above would be here again. To prevent "downranking" the Elite perks such as /shout you could organise that you can only disable for example 3 players on the whole server. The staff team must keep in mind that there could occur issues on the event server.

Last edited: