First Name
Ryan

Country or Timezone
USA

Discord username
IIRyanII#1683

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
The main reason I want to become staff is to help the server grow, become an even more enjoyable community to play with, and implement a more equal playing ground for everyone that logs into KitPvP. I also really want to make the server more fun by coming up with new PvP events (much like KOTH). If I get the opportunity to become a staff member I can achieve these goals by helping those that have questions in chat (which I already try to do to the best of my ability), promoting friendliness, and taking care of those who do not belong, such as hackers. So far I have enjoyed the ManaCube community and have made many friends on the network. I would like to encourage others to do the same by creating an environment that is fun for everyone to keep coming back to. Countless times I have read the chat and have seen many people complaining about hackers, with many of the people rage quitting. This is the type of thing I would like to help prevent.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
I currently have 56 hours logged on KitPvP and have been playing multiple hours every day.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
I can dedicate around 30 hours a week on Manacube. On school breaks such as summer, I can dedicate around 50 hours a week.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I believe one of the most important skills a KitPvP staff member has to have is the ability to distinguish a skilled player versus a cheating player. I have been PvPing since 2013 and have developed the knowledge to make this distinction throughout my countless hours playing. I have also been on the other side of false bans and I know how frustrating it can be to receive one. This is why I always check multiple times and ask multiple people's opinions before making a hard decision.

I am also very good at resolving conflicts between people. This is because I tend to step out of the situation to look at the hard facts while trying to think from each person's perspective on why they are acting a certain way. This will help the server by ending arguments in chat faster so that others do not have to deal with people spamming general chat with arguments. This will create an overall more friendly environment for people to communicate and have fun.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I have not staffed on any Minecraft server. However, I have always been chosen for leadership roles in school due to my responsibility, hard work, integrity, and patience. For example, I am on the National Technical Honor Society team at my school and we manage school events and make school-wide decisions. I have also managed multiple successful online communities such as discord servers for guilds, clans, and just for friends to talk to after school. Through these experiences, I have learned how to be patient and properly deal with people who are purposefully causing chaos and doing things just to get a rise out of others.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
My most self valued attribute is responsibility. This character trait is important because it allows me to be trusted, dependable, and succeed in life without outside authority always saying what to do. This means that I will always try my best to make the right decision quickly and without bias. It also means that I take ownership of my actions and can admit my mistakes in order to change them for the better. This is an extremely important attribute to have as someone in power because with power there are many hard decisions that have to be made and these decisions can change how people view ManaCube as a community.

I am also very hardworking. This means that I work towards my goals and can accomplish anything I set my mind to. This can be beneficial as a staff member because I am always willing to do not only the job that has been given to me but improve upon it.

I also believe myself to be a kind person. I am always trying to help others whether it be in-game or in real life. Even when confronted with someone who is not kind back to me I still keep my cool and help them regardless. This is important as a staff member because staff set standards for others to follow and being kind will help make the ManaCube network a much more enjoyable place for everyone.

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
The overall role of a staff member is to make the community more enjoyable to everyone. This is done by enforcing rules, helping players when they need it, and just being an overall good person to talk to. It is also important that staff members set a good example to follow and encourage others to do the same.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes

Anything else we should know?
That's all!
Thanks for reviewing my application!

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

You are aware that if you are accepted, you will be required to use a microphone for some sections of staff training to talk with the senior staff member leading your initial and future training sessions:
Yes

Last edited:

Eureka14.

MVP+
MVP
VIP+
VIP
Ratings
76 5
To IIRyanII,

Overall I am going to give you a +0.25. Though you have met all the requirements, I feel that there is a lack of detail within the application. Areas in which more information could have been added include: what skills do you have, what experiences do you have, the three attributes you acquire, and so forth... By adding more information on all these points, not only would you expand sentences and increase your word count, but it would show that you are a mature person who understands all the rules, commands... Being a staff member is a very important job, thus your application must be as thorough and comprehensive as possible.

Next, I have noticed that whenever you write a comment in the forums, you advertise that you are applying for staff. I am not sure if advertising like that is allowed, but personally I feel that you don't need to advertise like this because it gives you an unfair advantage, and I think it lowers your chance of becoming a staff member. This, by all means, may be allowed, but I actually have never seen someone who advertises that they are applying.

Nevertheless, I do wish you the very best of luck!

Kind regards,
Eureka14, a fellow skyblock player.

IIRyanII

MVP
IIRyanII
IIRyanII
MVP
Ratings
To IIRyanII,

Overall I am going to give you a +0.25. Though you have met all the requirements, I feel that there is a lack of detail within the application. Areas in which more information could have been added include: what skills do you have, what experiences do you have, the three attributes you acquire, and so forth... By adding more information on all these points, not only would you expand sentences and increase your word count, but it would show that you are a mature person who understands all the rules, commands... Being a staff member is a very important job, thus your application must be as thorough and comprehensive as possible.

Next, I have noticed that whenever you write a comment in the forums, you advertise that you are applying for staff. I am not sure if advertising like that is allowed, but personally I feel that you don't need to advertise like this because it gives you an unfair advantage, and I think it lowers your chance of becoming a staff member. This, by all means, may be allowed, but I actually have never seen someone who advertises that they are applying.

Nevertheless, I do wish you the very best of luck!

Kind regards,
Eureka14, a fellow skyblock player.
Thanks for the feedback. Made some changes.

Dutchy1372

ELITE
MVP+
MVP
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
ELITE
Ratings
90 4
Hey Ryan! Good to see you apply!

I'm going to +0 this.

Even tho your application seems pretty alright and meets most requirements. I suggest you don't just meet the requirements but that you exceed in them. Go play around on other realms as well and get to know manacube as a whole for a little. Go play around and mess around on forums and discord as well!

Nonetheless, I do wish you the best of luck and maybe I will see you in the near future as a staff member!

Regards

-Dutchy

Chuck

MVP+
MVP
VIP+
gurt
gurt
MVP+
Ratings
53 64
Hey Ryan! Good to see you apply!

I'm going to +0 this.

Even tho your application seems pretty alright and meets most requirements. I suggest you don't just meet the requirements but that you exceed in them. Go play around on other realms as well and get to know manacube as a whole for a little. Go play around and mess around on forums and discord as well!

Nonetheless, I do wish you the best of luck and maybe I will see you in the near future as a staff member!

Regards

-Dutchy
Gonna chime in here for a second. I don't really see a reason for him to branch off into other parts of the server if hes applying for KitPvP alone.

SSM_GOD

Forum Master
Ratings
247 14
You should spend more time on forum. It hasnt been a week since you joined and several of your posts seem to me like you just wanted to boost your posts count.
I've havnt seen you in game, I dont play kit much anymore, but I feel 56 hours isnt enough to understand all of the game.
I'm give -0.25 as I feel you are too new or inexperienced.
However. good luck!!!
:firework:

IIRyanII

MVP
IIRyanII
IIRyanII
MVP
Ratings
You should spend more time on forum. It hasnt been a week since you joined and several of your posts seem to me like you just wanted to boost your posts count.
I've havnt seen you in game, I dont play kit much anymore, but I feel 56 hours isnt enough to understand all of the game.
I'm give -0.25 as I feel you are too new or inexperienced.
However. good luck!!!
:firework:
I have 70 hours on kit now but I understand your concern. Thanks anyway!