• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remy

ELITE
VCplays
VCplays
ELITE
Ratings
In the past 2 days, Aether was constantly full, and thus non donators were unable to join.
Since a server being at its limit is rarely a good thing (it prevents new people from joining the server, and prevents existing people from joining), i'd like to suggest to increase the player limit to allow for more people to play on the server. (and if need be, a server upgrade).

MomGetTheLantern

ELITE
MomGetTheLantern
MomGetTheLantern
ELITE
Ratings
71 1
Isn't this the exact reason why Dacon added a 2nd olympus realm aka Atlas? Increasing player cap will only increase lag and make it more unplayable.

Remy

ELITE
VCplays
VCplays
ELITE
Ratings
If you already play on Aether, you don't want to switch to Atlas and lose any and all progress.

And for new players I do find it unlikely that they will see that aether is full, and play atlas instead.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
If you already play on Aether, you don't want to switch to Atlas and lose any and all progress.

And for new players I do find it unlikely that they will see that aether is full, and play atlas instead.
But at what point do you just bite the bullet and play Atlas, if the server player limit increases everyone will constantly complain of lag, not just from the players but all those extra farms they create/afk. Also I think theres something to be said about afking to win and how many alt accounts are on aether.

Ratings
But at what point do you just bite the bullet and play Atlas, if the server player limit increases everyone will constantly complain of lag, not just from the players but all those extra farms they create/afk. Also I think theres something to be said about afking to win and how many alt accounts are on aether.
Well in that case, it may just be not only smarter, but better for everyone if the amount of alts that one is allowed on the server would be decreased.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Well in that case, it may just be not only smarter, but better for everyone if the amount of alts that one is allowed on the server would be decreased.
At least at the moment people who pay for Vip for their alts should absolutely be allowed to bypass the server being full. However, there is a lot of people who now use unranked/stolen alts with no rank and a console client to afk on all parts of the server . I think this is where the issue is and I think some of those could stand to be fixed as they just automatically join after reboot meaning they take up a large section of the player limit. I think a clarification on what is evading the afk timer is also more necessary as it seems like a very controversial rule on how it is enforced or the various opinions on it.

On another note afking is a huge part of the economy on all realms for Manacube and until it's effectiveness is reduced and it is no longer meta in early/late game to have cactus and iron golem farms having copious amounts of alts and running a Minecraft console client it will remain the smartest way to play and people will continue to do it.

- Raptor