First Name
Kristina

Country or Timezone
United States of America // Eastern Daylight Time

Discord username
InfinityxKatrina#2229

---------------------------------------------

Why do you want to become staff?
I really enjoy the Manacube community, and I want to help keep it a nice, safe place for people to unwind and have some fun. Yes, some players are toxic, and I want to make sure that these toxic players don't harm the environment.

How long have you played on ManaCube?
Technically I joined in January 2018, but I went inactive for the rest of the year. I started playing regularly in December 2018. On parkour, I have accumulated almost 200 hours.

How many hours a week can you dedicate to Manacube?
I'm in high school at the moment, so during the weekdays I am a bit busy. I can guarantee 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day on weekdays, and on the weekends I can be on for about 2-3, maybe even 4 hours a day. However, I finish high school next month, and I can dedicate more hours after that.

What skills do you feel you have that will help the server?
I've always been a rule follower, never really getting in trouble in school, so I am fully aware of all of the rules. This would help me make sure that other players do the same. I also have a lot of self-control, so even if somebody is being really disrespectful, I can keep my temper and handle the situation in an appropriate manner. I also have a lot of empathy, which can help other players feel comfortable coming to me with any issues they may be having with another player, or the server in general.

What experiences have you had which could help you as staff?
I was staff on a previous server and I worked my way through the ranks going from moderator to helper, and eventually I became an admin. As an admin, my role was to:
-Moderate the chat
-Detect players who were hacking and punish them accordingly
-Help players that were having issues with any games (It was a minigames server)

I also am involved with National Honor Society at my school, and I have done various community service projects with them, and this has allowed me to gain more life skills that could help with Manacube, such as better communication skills. NHS has also helped me work as part of a team. For example, once a month we help pass out food to families in need. This process involves moving very quickly and orderly to make sure that each family receives the amount of food they need, and it also involves communicating with other members to make sure that we are successful. Working with them has helped me develop better team-working skills, which is an essential part of being staff.

What three attributes distinguish yourself from other players that qualify you to be a helper?
Honesty/Trustworthiness: I'm placing these two together because they go hand in hand. When an issue arises, a player will put all of their trust in a staff. Therefore, it is my duty to be honest with them and help them with their problem. Should one staff member prove to be dishonest, players will lose trust in the rest of the team. It is the responsibility of staff to be completely open with whomever they associate with. I take pride in being honest, and I feel that it is one of the most important qualities of a staff member, or any job in general; be it Minecraft or real-life.

Devoted: I consider myself to be very passionate and dedicated to whatever task I am assigned. If I set a goal, I aim to achieve it, no matter how hard it may be. As staff, this is an essential attribute to have because if a higher-ranked staff member gives you a task to do, it is important that you get it done. They entrusted you with that job, and you should try your best to make sure that you do what has to be done, no matter how long it takes or how hard it is. Even if at first you don't succeed, you have to try again.

Kindness: In real life, people associate me with kindness. I'm always eager to help people out with their assignments, and if someone's feeling down, I do my best to cheer them up. I also consider myself to be very empathetic, and I make sure that people know that I am here for them if they need me. Kindness is an attribute that is often overlooked, but it is very important for every staff member to have. Even if a player is being disrespectful, being kind to them can change everything. When someone doesn't show kindness, that's when toxic behavior ensues. I am a firm believer in the Golden Rule: "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Please explain what you believe the role of a staff member is.
The role of a staff member is to put the players first, and to do their best to make sure that everyone has a good experience while playing on Manacube. A staff should be respectful to all players and fellow staff, and they should be honest and open about any and all issues. A staff member should be sympathetic and understanding, but also firm and patient.

Are you able to use recording software?
Yes, I have a recording option on my gaming laptop.

Anything else we should know?
I am aware that one of the requirements is "You must have Discord and be actively involved in the Manacube Community Discord server." I do have a discord, but I don't use it very often because, well, discord has never been my thing. However, if I become staff, I will use discord more often as another method to help players with their issues.

You are aware that all information provided must be true, and if found to be false, will result in an automatic rejection of this application
Yes

Last edited:

Tastosterone

VIP
Mapper
Tastosterone
Tastosterone
VIP
Ratings
176 8
Hi Katrina! Glad to see you've applied. :)

You are very active in-game, and you're friendly and always happy to help. You really know your way around the parkour server, and are active and familiar in the community. You are also active on the forums, which is a plus. Your application is good, mature and well-written, however I would suggest adding more detail to your skills, attributes and experience sections. You do have skills and experience, but you should add more detail to your explications.

Good luck!

InfinityxKatrina

VIP+
VIP
InfinityxKatrina
InfinityxKatrina
VIP+
Ratings
37 1
Edited: Took Taslekio's advice and expanded skills/experience/attributes. I also discovered that I do have recording software so yay <3

Helly

MVP+
MVP
Helly02
Helly02
MVP+
Ratings
Honestly, love your application. 200h is a lot, and that means that you have a lot of experience on parkour. Which is a very good thing if you want to be a parkour staff member. I like that you talked about self-control, which is one of the main thing to have if you want to be a part of staff. i will give you 1+

Cos

SrMod
Senior Mod
MVP+
MVP
Helper Management
Disillusioning
Disillusioning
MVP+
Ratings
93 3
Hello Kristina,

Thank you for taking the time to apply for Manacube Staff. I have good news, your application has passed the reviewing stages and has moved on to the next step.

Please note this does NOT mean you are accepted, we are now reviewing your history on the Manacube server and looking at your characteristics in more depth. You will be notified in the near future on any update we have regarding your application.

During this time, please boost your discord activity as it is a very important part of staffing.

If you have any questions, please start a conversation with me on the forums or on discord. You can find me on discord at [Disillusioning#0105], I am quicker to respond there.

Also, be aware that I do not discuss applications while moderating or playing in-game and do not reply to forum posts about specific staff applications.

The application will now be locked from public comments but still viewable.

Thank you,
Cos

Status
Not open for further replies.