Is there any way to make a forever/repeating circuit in Olympus?

PattlesMC

ELITE
PattlesMC
PattlesMC
ELITE
Ratings
3 5
I've been trying to automate my spider farm when I found out repeaters, comparators, slime balls, and observers are un-attainable. Is these are way to make a redstone circuit that repeats itself forever without those items? Or is it impossible?

JojoStyle

Forum Master
ELITE
JojoStyle
JojoStyle
ELITE
Ratings
343 6
Hey there Pattles!

You can craft redstone repeaters just fine with the normal recipe:
1625482620232.png

You can try creating a redstone clock with it, but I doubt it will work for long, as Olympus has some mechanics and anti-lag-features, that prevent redstone clocks (at least last time I tried).

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
Not possible.
Redstone is fucked sideways on Olympus. Even if you made a 'lag free' repeater, the game would lag and the clock would lock always on.
If comparators were a thing, we could make impulse activation clocks which cause less lag than repeater clocks.
But there is a shitty piston limit anyways, eventhough hoppers cause more lag.
Maybe next season Redstone will be reasonable.

Anyways, it's better to make a gravity killing mob farm than use any Redstone.

PattlesMC

ELITE
PattlesMC
PattlesMC
ELITE
Ratings
3 5
Not possible.
Redstone is fucked sideways on Olympus. Even if you made a 'lag free' repeater, the game would lag and the clock would lock always on.
If comparators were a thing, we could make impulse activation clocks which cause less lag than repeater clocks.
But there is a shitty piston limit anyways, eventhough hoppers cause more lag.
Maybe next season Redstone will be reasonable.

Anyways, it's better to make a gravity killing mob farm than use any Redstone.

I'll try this. Do you know if you can get heads when killing mobs using gravity? I've tried lava and suffocating the spiders but they only drop regular mob drops.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I'll try this. Do you know if you can get heads when killing mobs using gravity? I've tried lava and suffocating the spiders but they only drop regular mob drops.
You can only get mob heads from manually killing mobs
Str 2 and sharp 5 should allow you to 1 hit at least all the easy mobs