Is this server pay to win?

RedOfTheNecks

VIP
RedOfTheNecks
RedOfTheNecks
VIP
Ratings
I've been playing skyblock for about 5 days and I've noticed a few things and have been told a few things about this server. I have been talking around asking people what ways are good for making money/how they make their money and I've seen a common recurrence and their responses, the word auto crafter/seller came up most if not all the time; however I did hear things about Iron Golem farms but that's about it. I know I can get cubits with in game money but the coin to cubit ratio is quiet considerable when going about that way. The question I'm asking is Is there great ways of making money as a free to play player or do I need to give in and buy items off the shop to be able to have a steady good income?

Side note: I understand coin flips are a thing but I'm looking for a stable income.

TheMajesticRice

ELITE
TheMajesticRice
TheMajesticRice
ELITE
Ratings
38 3
If your goal is to be #1, then yes, you need to pay to get there. The top people all have 10 accounts afking Iron Golem farms to be there.

As for just getting money in general as a f2p:
1. Visit any grinder on '/is warps' and kill spiders/chickens for heads to sell on /ah, people are always buying them.
2. Getting mana to sell, although mana is important for upgrading your island through /is upgrades. Still a good source of income.
3. Doing the '/warp pond' when it comes up, you can get keys, mana crystals, tp pads, etc from it, very profitable.
4. Killing mobs in '/worlds' and selling their drops, sometimes profitable depending on the drop.

I'm sure there's other ways to make money that I didn't list but these are decent ways to do it. Good luck :D

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
If you are a casual player you can get away without spending money on Manacube, but if you want to be on top or playing competitively then you will have to invest money into the server. As Majestic said, public warps are a good place to start, look for grinders that give the drops because sometimes people set up public grinders with chunk hoppers so you don't actually pick up the drops. Grinding Wolfhaven wolves can be a somewhat good profit as they drop wheat, as you unlock higher tiers in ./worlds you'll make a bit more money per inventory. The only part I'm going to disagree with is the pond. Manapond is highly competitive since everyone needs the catches for prestiges or party quests, as a result, it can be hard to catch anything at all, and there is no guarantee that there will be keys or anything that's very valuable during a pond event.

RedOfTheNecks

VIP
RedOfTheNecks
RedOfTheNecks
VIP
Ratings
If you are a casual player you can get away without spending money on Manacube, but if you want to be on top or playing competitively then you will have to invest money into the server. As Majestic said, public warps are a good place to start, look for grinders that give the drops because sometimes people set up public grinders with chunk hoppers so you don't actually pick up the drops. Grinding Wolfhaven wolves can be a somewhat good profit as they drop wheat, as you unlock higher tiers in ./worlds you'll make a bit more money per inventory. The only part I'm going to disagree with is the pond. Manapond is highly competitive since everyone needs the catches for prestiges or party quests, as a result, it can be hard to catch anything at all, and there is no guarantee that there will be keys or anything that's very valuable during a pond event.
you said wolfs drop wheat, can you elaborate a bit more; is wheat a good source of of money or do i need it for quests?

RedOfTheNecks

VIP
RedOfTheNecks
RedOfTheNecks
VIP
Ratings
It is saddening seeing that its hard to be competitive as a free to play player and I'm sure this post isn't going to shed light into the situation I'm faced with and make it a better for free to play players to be able to compete with Pay to win players. All I can hope for is there to be some changes in the way one can grind. Thank you for the help and taking the time to reply to my question.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
the server is not p2w, its pay to enhance
there isnt really a better example of this on mana than me. very humble :)

i was top 5 players in olympus season 2 without spending 1$ and i wouldve been higher had i not joined late in the season. on skyblock i had become one of the largest islands 2 season ago with no rank or perks. through playing and grinding i was able to obtain cubits and make friends which greatly help with your success on the server. after being successful and making friends, i was gifted free ranks and had access to the "p2w" items
currently, its much harder. especially since voting is removed. that really killed new players chances to gain traction in game. the only way to get free to play progress right now on skyblock, is to not play skyblock but play olympus and win leaderboards to get cubits, then once you make a name for yourself youll be able to succeed on skyblock. maybe im just too selfish on behalf of oly tho :)
if i was in your situation i would just grind until i physically cant anymore. create farms that are better than what others use and use them more than they do. be friendly and active in chat and events; youll be able to find some cool friends and teammates

RedOfTheNecks

VIP
RedOfTheNecks
RedOfTheNecks
VIP
Ratings
the server is not p2w, its pay to enhance
there isnt really a better example of this on mana than me. very humble :)

i was top 5 players in olympus season 2 without spending 1$ and i wouldve been higher had i not joined late in the season. on skyblock i had become one of the largest islands 2 season ago with no rank or perks. through playing and grinding i was able to obtain cubits and make friends which greatly help with your success on the server. after being successful and making friends, i was gifted free ranks and had access to the "p2w" items
currently, its much harder. especially since voting is removed. that really killed new players chances to gain traction in game. the only way to get free to play progress right now on skyblock, is to not play skyblock but play olympus and win leaderboards to get cubits, then once you make a name for yourself youll be able to succeed on skyblock. maybe im just too selfish on behalf of oly tho :)
if i was in your situation i would just grind until i physically cant anymore. create farms that are better than what others use and use them more than they do. be friendly and active in chat and events; youll be able to find some cool friends and teammates
ty for the reply and as of writing this replay to you I got my first minion and hopefully I can make some money, can you give a few examples of some farms that might be helpful/some tips or tricks, anything helps.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
ty for the reply and as of writing this replay to you I got my first minion and hopefully I can make some money, can you give a few examples of some farms that might be helpful/some tips or tricks, anything helps.
Hmmm uhh
Well gg on minion!
Minions are great until you get a ton of spawners, then you need grinders and eventually alts
Uh
I don't really play this season so idrk what's up but being top harvester, mcmmo top, and other leaderboards are good goals. I think I'd make a massive carrot farm and ask some elite if you can get a miner pick cause it has fort 4. Then just farm the heck out of it lol
It's kinda hard to describe a ssm style farm (yes I claim this as a valid description because I can, but ssm style means over the top and extra advanced) but just try to think of ways to maximize harvests/second and per minute and per hour, and then improve it even more and scale it up to full island size

I'll try to stop in some time and say hi in game :)

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
you said wolfs drop wheat, can you elaborate a bit more; is wheat a good source of of money or do i need it for quests?
1 inventory of wheat sells for about 100k I think. It's a good way to start, but probably will want to construct IG farms and afk them.

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Hmmm uhh
I don't really play this season so idrk what's up but being top harvester, mcmmo top, and other leaderboards are good goals. I think I'd make a massive carrot farm and ask some elite if you can get a miner pick cause it has fort 4. Then just farm the heck out of it lol
It's kinda hard to describe a ssm style farm (yes I claim this as a valid description because I can, but ssm style means over the top and extra advanced) but just try to think of ways to maximize harvests/second and per minute and per hour, and then improve it even more and scale it up to full island size
I don't think there's a payout leaderboard on skyblock anymore for mcmmo or harvests, unless you're referring to aether.

RedOfTheNecks

VIP
RedOfTheNecks
RedOfTheNecks
VIP
Ratings
Hmmm uhh
Well gg on minion!
Minions are great until you get a ton of spawners, then you need grinders and eventually alts
Uh

ty for the help

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I don't think there's a payout leaderboard on skyblock anymore for mcmmo or harvests, unless you're referring to aether.
refer to my previous message where i allude to skyblock not being worth playing for if you want to advance rank-wise. thatd be due to there being no fair leaderboards unlike olympus.
grinding spawners mcmmo and harvests will help you understand the mechanics and e*my aswell as make you a prominent member in the gamemode

also,
atlas > aether :)

Portfell42

VIP
c0smiclobic
c0smiclobic
VIP
I've been playing skyblock for about 5 days and I've noticed a few things and have been told a few things about this server. I have been talking around asking people what ways are good for making money/how they make their money and I've seen a common recurrence and their responses, the word auto crafter/seller came up most if not all the time; however I did hear things about Iron Golem farms but that's about it. I know I can get cubits with in game money but the coin to cubit ratio is quiet considerable when going about that way. The question I'm asking is Is there great ways of making money as a free to play player or do I need to give in and buy items off the shop to be able to have a steady good income?

Side note: I understand coin flips are a thing but I'm looking for a stable income.
As stated above, if you wish to be number 1 then yes.

But the way I first earnt some cash was by going to the freemoney warp at /warps

You can earn a good amount of money from there, until you can figure out a better solution.