Is Villager Despawning fixed

Ratings
I've had 5 villager spawn eggs i have brought or got through quests. They always despawn within a few days despite being named with nametags. Does anyone know if this issue has been solved yet, are there any updates on what causes it. maybe unloading chunks or chunk boundaries? Anyone have any info on this cos i have 2 villager eggs that i basically spent all my money on and don't want to span them if this issue is still happening.

it would also be uselful if there was a page set up here with a list of know bugs, and maybe show if they have been resolved or not just for the sake of ease and input.

IPenguinI

Forum Master
ELITE
IPenguinI
IPenguinI
ELITE
Ratings
502 57
Hello!

You can check recent updates for the server(s) you play in the discord #updates channel. You can also check recent updates under the updates tab here on the forums, to see if they've been fixed.

Hope this helps,

Penguin

Last edited:

IPenguinI

Forum Master
ELITE
IPenguinI
IPenguinI
ELITE
Ratings
502 57
Villagers are still broken. There is no way to keep the mobs, even with name tags.
If you ask in chat, some players might offer to give some kind of replacement. For some things similar, you can make a support ticket and the staff team might be able to help resolve your issues. You can still try one for this, but they'll likely say no. Heres the link if you wish https://manacube.com/support/open
This issue is server-wide and has been around for a little while, so just know that they are working on some kind of resolution. When it's fixed you can see so in the update channels that Penguin mentioned above.

They're not asking how they can check if somethings fixed. They're asking if it has been fixed.
You can also check updates in game with /updates.
Also, cause it's a pet peeve of mine, you don't need to write your name at the end of each post... it already says your name...

"They're not asking how they can check if somethings fixed. They're asking if it has been fixed."
1614898862838.png

"Also, cause it's a pet peeve of mine, you don't need to write your name at the end of each post... it already says your name..."

I'll do what I like.

Thanks,

Penguin

Attachments

Ratings
Ok I opened this comment just for some info, let's all keep it informative and try to stick to the topic :).

Let me clarify my question, perhaps I wasn't clear enough

1. Has the issue been solved
2. Does anyone have insights into what causes this issue.
3. Is there a way of tracking known bugs and updates on the progression of them being fixed

Ratings
1. No not fixed. Still broken.
2. Only the devs admins and owners would know this.
3. No, you'd have to track them yourself. I've been trying to make a list to share but it's super lengthy. I'll let tag you in it if I make it.

Sorry about the arguing you had to read lol
Thank u very informative, I appreciate it

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
Ok I opened this comment just for some info, let's all keep it informative and try to stick to the topic :).

Let me clarify my question, perhaps I wasn't clear enough

1. Has the issue been solved
2. Does anyone have insights into what causes this issue.
3. Is there a way of tracking known bugs and updates on the progression of them being fixed
1. No
2. The requirements for Villagers to not despawn in a vanilla / clear mob plugin are not being met.
3. #updates in the discord.

I've investigated this bug a lot. Your best chance is to make sure you have a Vanilla Villager Farm set up with villagers name tagged, for whatever reason this seems to make Villagers despawn a lot less.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I think there should be an official place where players can see what bugs have already been reported.
Maybe a sort of an ongoing thread where each game mode has its section where the known bugs are put. Obviously, the exploits or abusable ones won't go on this, but for example, when /break didn't work for harvesting on Olympus, that would.
Similar to how I made this post, https://manacube.com/threads/question.66911/ but this new one would be global and continuously updated.
This could be like a chart, or maybe a color-coded list. First column is the issue, second date reported, third uh... maybe priority? Or as color-coded, green as not urgent, yellow as moderate, red as high priority.

There is a lot of "he said - she said" that happens when players talk about bugs being reported and fixed. I think this sort of thread would help solve that issue.
I think this sort of post would be another huge step towards what Dynsalir says ManaCube is working towards fixing in https://manacube.com/threads/your-development-bug-concerns.67744/

As a community member, I've tried to make my own lists to refer to, but neither I nor any of the players, have the connections and information to make such a list. This is really only something staff can do, and once the ball has started to roll, should be easy to maintain.
Clearly, by this thread and many others, I'm not the only person to want this sort of thing.
This is nice and there is one for staff but I don't think creating selection criteria on what can and can't be viewed by players is a waste of time. As you saw in the thread earlier today there are significant changes being made to how Bugs are dealt with on Manacube, be patient and super keen to see a more robust and working Manacube.

For your suggestion I think you underestimate both the potential damage and amount of time this would take to maintain. Its a good suggestion and community discussion and being alert to what has and hasn't been reported is great but you can always just contact a staff member as investigating, reporting and knowing bugs is one of our main tasks. Don't see why a forum list is better than staff.